• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
rayi

rayi

Yes but it taste like crap.
I'm not sure it would. It would be a small amount. Next time you pour a glass put a few drops in the glass. Also you might try a infusion with vegetable glycerin

T

t0maten

I'm not sure it would. It would be a small amount. Next time you pour a glass put a few drops in the glass. Also you might try a infusion with vegetable glycerin

I have something against the taste of chlorophyll. But every persons taste is different.
:)

I'm planing to do a Apple sour beer with some trimmings next harvest.

chemistry

chemistry

Just syphoned the White Grape wine off into a barrel to stop the fermentation process, two days wait for it to settle, then it's down to clearing and filtering, was going to put up pix of how it's done, but had the job nearly finished by the time I'd thought about it. lol So maybe next time if folk are interested. Will update in two days when it's ready to filter. Don't know what's next up, going to have a look round for some cheap ripe fruit, need around 5lb of fruit to one gallon, so altogether I need 25lb, then we're off again. :party1:

Last edited:
T

t0maten

Just syphoned the White Grape wine off into a barrel to stop the fermentation process, two days wait for it to settle, then it's down to clearing and filtering, was going to put up pix of how it's done, but had the job nearly finished by the time I'd thought about it. lol So maybe next time if folk are interested. Will update in two days when it's ready to filter. Don't know what's next up, going to have a look round for some cheap ripe fruit, need around 5lb of fruit to one gallon, so altogether I need 25lb, then we're off again. :party1:
What do you use for fining agent?
Im a big fan of bentonite and gelatine (irish moss for beer)

chemistry

chemistry

What do you use for fining agent?
Im a big fan of bentonite and gelatine (irish moss for beer)

Yes, Bentonite powder is what I use. I've not brewed beer for a few years now, you never forget the smell of Hops.

chemistry

chemistry

White grape wine has cleared, and put through the filter. :)
20190526 143352

20190526 143338

And the important bit.
20190526 191014

Ended the filter session with 43 bottles of wine, 2 were drank during testing, it's thirsty work. :party1:
Now searching for a new batch of fruit to knock up another 5 gallons, what to try next.

chemistry

chemistry

Just put another 5 gallons together, Apple and Apricot this time. ;)
Chopped and destoned the apples and apricots.
20190622 124328

Give it a good mix and add your sugar.
20190622 130911

Chuck in your boiling water to melt the sugar and give it a good stir.
20190622 133609

Sprinkle on the yeast of your choice and give it a good stir.
20190622 144326

And if all goes to plan, the next day you should be able to hear your mash bubbling away like this one. Thats it for a week, and then it's over to the bubbler.

Nobody116

Nobody116

I'm currently working on my second 1 gal batch of mead.
First batch came out yummy.

So I know next to nothing about this stuff. Why do you bubble it?
Mead is just an air lock no bubbles.

Just wondering why or why not ;)

chemistry

chemistry

Some wines bubble like a volcano, others just simmer. You have to bubble of the yeast gasses or your wine will stall, or at best taste bitter. You have to aim for a gravity of 1000, then you know you have turned your designated amount of sugar into alcohol.

chemistry

chemistry

Sorry, just got what you mean, bubbler is just another name for a vessel with an air lock, fruit adds taste but you have to add sugar, where as mead, the sugar is in the honey and you just add yeast and water.

Nobody116

Nobody116

Sorry, just got what you mean, bubbler is just another name for a vessel with an air lock, fruit adds taste but you have to add sugar, where as mead, the sugar is in the honey and you just add yeast and water.

Sorry as well lol, I'm doing melomel which is fruit added mead which is why I wondered about the bubbling. I guess only adding a cup or so of fruit doesn't need airation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom