Week 3 Flower. Yellowing From Bottom Up

• Thread starter Jbellsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

So the strain is gsc in week 3 of flower , soil grow fox farm nutes 600w has and a couple led. Started to yellow about a week ago. PH all water and food to around 6.3 to 6.7. This is the second time now I've had it fade fast on me. Any help is appreciated .

Week 3 flower yellowing from bottom up
Week 3 flower yellowing from bottom up 2
N

Nine1Sun

So the strain is gsc in week 3 of flower , soil grow fox farm nutes 600w has and a couple led. Started to yellow about a week ago. PH all water and food to around 6.3 to 6.7. This is the second time now I've had it fade fast on me. Any help is appreciated .

What is your ppm? Or what are using as the recommended dosage I haven’t used fox farm for awhile is there a low medium and high dosage? Could be a number lof different things.
Happens to me when I get newer strains and did not feed enough during Veg then switch to bloom with an even lower nitrogen rating.

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

That thought came through my head as well about the low nitrogen going into flower. Was feeding it the same ratios as a smaller plant during veg and she really stretched.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The development of yellow leaves during flowering, especially at the very end of flowering, is typically a Nitrogen issue, starting from the bottom leaves and working it's way up a little. Even though the plants aren't putting on much height, they are still bulking up and need a lot of nitrogen to do it.
In my experience, it usually doesn't cause problems other than the yellowing, and adding nitrogen during flowering is frowned upon in some circles. I use 100% promix with maybe 15% composted manure, so if you are using hydro, I can't speak from experience. Once they start to yellow, there isn't much you can do unless it's early in the flowering cycle. Sometimes the bottom leaves also fall if they don't get enough light...like when your buds are thick and light can't get into the bottom or interior of your plant. Sometimes the problem is a combo of the two.

Top Bottom