Weight-lifting, circuit training, cardio--anyone else here like to toke prior?

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

Ive been pumping iron and doing muay thai stoned for like 15yrs, fucking love that shit

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
no problem. tons of people do it.

If you think fran is hard, you should try murph
kickin ass
[YOUTUBE]AqXYgiYvyls[/YOUTUBE]

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Got High Everytime

Before I used to run I'd get very high, seemed to help all around. I haven't done that in years, now I get high and eat. I envy you all

L

Lost

I love to goto the gym stoned! Its the best and really help to concentrate on movements. I used to bodybuild and after some recent treatments (Got my UC into remission), I have been hitting the gym pretty hard. I haven't smoked in months but when I can again, i'll be toking before i goto the gym. I gotta also get my shoulder fixed before I get to much deeper into it again. I destroyed a shoulder doing a heavy lift stoned, and had gotten way too much adrenaline going. A little bad form made it go, "POP!"

I do like to do it in a less crowded gym, but then again, when I work out I like to go at times when the gym is not too crowded. When you workout to failure, people look at you funny if its not a serious crowd, lol.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I worked out 5 days a week for years, always toking up before workouts. Now I just ride my bike. I hit it 4-5 times a week at least. First I have a big bong rip, then stand right up, go outside, get on the bike, and go, go, go. I do an 8 mile loop with some hills here and there, riding as hard as I can. On my mountain bike, it is just over 1/2hr. My only problem is with some varieties that get me a bit too spacey. Sometimes I just plain lose track of what I am doing, and won't push that hard. Otherwise, I wouldn't want it any other way! Got's to have my spinach!

-TF

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ar, matey, Goode Spinache. I guess losing count is understandable, then.
First, let me say OH EM GEE, how much are those girls dead-lifting there? There was a time when I could easily sling around 100lbs, and a day when I could rescue, from depth, and get onto the beach through big surf, a 200lb man fireman-style. But those days are gone for me.

Balls out.
I love to goto the gym stoned! Its the best and really help to concentrate on movements. I used to bodybuild and after some recent treatments (Got my UC into remission), I have been hitting the gym pretty hard. I haven't smoked in months but when I can again, i'll be toking before i goto the gym. I gotta also get my shoulder fixed before I get to much deeper into it again. I destroyed a shoulder doing a heavy lift stoned, and had gotten way too much adrenaline going. A little bad form made it go, "POP!"

I do like to do it in a less crowded gym, but then again, when I work out I like to go at times when the gym is not too crowded. When you workout to failure, people look at you funny if its not a serious crowd, lol.
Ugh, Dave is ALWAYS on me about form and how important it is. I've done both my shoulder and my wrist, which led to better lifting gloves. I understand the importance of form innately from all the years I spent training and showing horses, it's just that I don't have the body memory for this yet. Also, the weights that we use don't allow very fine-tuning of weight when you go up. So for instance I'll be at 20lbs on the incline press, but to go up I can't go to 22lbs, I have to jump up to 25lbs and that's a huge jump for me. I'm middle-aged and never did this much weight training before, either, so again I don't quite have the muscle memory.

You have to work out to failure or you're not doing it right. Along with that you MUST make the faces and the noises. You should hear me yelling at Dave, he wants to be worked like a fucking rented mule and damn if he didn't marry the right woman to get her done just like that. Chaps and spurs'll be whipped out if needed, oh yeah.

I poosh to leemeet, every time.

It's very cool to see that there are plenty of heads who can do both.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Ar, matey, Goode Spinache. I guess losing count is understandable, then.
First, let me say OH EM GEE, how much are those girls dead-lifting there?

The top female athletes in my gym will get over 300. My wife has a 1 rep max of 275 - 2x bodyweight. If you're looking to gain overall strength, look no further than the deadlift and the back squat. It's funny that EVERY bodybuilding magazine will tell you that these are the top 2 movements you can do, yet go to a Globogym and you will typically find ZERO percent of the people there deadlifting and maybe 5% squatting.

I believe that body-building style "muscle isolation" is no good for the general public (deadlift and squats are not muscle isolation movements). It tends to lead to injury and skewed development as people will naturally gravitate to the lifts they enjoy or are good at and neglect the opposite. Further, bodyweight/gymnastic movements are fundamental to fitness. If you can't do a simple pull-up, you really have no business putting weight on a barbell.

Probably best to stick with the natural functional movements and lean heavily (almost exclusively) toward bodyweight for beginners. Believe me, I can prescribe a 10 minute bodyweight workout that will absolutely decimate you. Risk of injury is extremely low, but fair warning - risk of soreness is guaranteed high - esp. if you bite off more than you can chew. The good trainer (or smart athlete) should always scale the workout to the athlete's ability.

CF churns out some amazing physiques and athletic ability. My gym is littered with jaw-dropping bodies. What seperates them from the good (and not-so-good) is diet. They typically all follow a paleo diet or, at a minimum, the CF prescribed nutritional guidlines of:

"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat." You can work out hard 5-6 days a week, be very fit, and still be overweight. Diet is 80-90% of weight-loss.

P.S. I've never toked b/f working out. When I smoke I want to chill. I can't imagine how much more awful a WOD would be ... :puke

S

swisscheese

Maybe you shouldn't smoke before you workout you've already said you're clumsy and forget stuff when you smoke.

M

midsummer

Hello SEA and everyone else,
I am no super athlete by any means. I have done a lot of bike riding over the years. In 2007 I finished a 200, 300, and 400 KM rides in 8, 15, 24 hours. I trained around 150 miles/wk. I always got stoned before I rode, not devastated, but a good head. It help me to enjoy the pain.
Today I spin at the gym and play ultimate Frisbee with kids 30 yrs my juniors. A few puffs before helps me to get in the right head. Some after helps me distance myself from the pain.
I usually vaporize; but I am beginning to think that perhaps I should eat before to maximize my lung capacity.

Cort

Cort

I dont like to take anything that alters my state before lifting. If I feel a strain, I want to know so I can stop before I get hurt. Like others, I can be a bit clumsy. being clumsy in the gym leads to injuries.

Lifting for me is as much mental as physical, having intense focus and pushing myself is what makes me feel good after a work out.

Then I smoke while I ready my PWO meal.

When I am just going to sit on the bike for a while that is different, a little head change is fine. My stationary bike does not have 45lb plates coming towards my head :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cort, absolutely the mental thing plays a HUGE role. I began tracking what I call "The Psyche Out." I used the same method I used to use when I showed horses (I showed Class A level, qualified and showed in national level shows as well) which came in particularly handy with the stallion that took me to Nationals--visualization.

I was having problems moving up in weights, and then I decided to try the visualization technique. Not talking myself into it, literally visualizing exactly how I was going to perform the lift, what it was going to FEEL like (this is an extremely important aspect for me) and how quickly it was going to be executed. I marked the sets where I used this technique, and EVERY TIME I lift better, faster and harder, am more easily able to move up in weights and even get the bonus of learning better form.

No dead lifting in my future, though, not with my back injury.

Would you folks believe that back when I was showing horses I was absolutely strict about NO drugs, not even pot, to be used when handling and working with them?

Diet, who touched upon diet? Was it Darth? Funny you should mention diet, it's the sort of thing I've been raised with because one of my parents is a dietitian, the other is an M.D. That's a whole other thread, sure to get some interesting responses because of the general lack of good knowledge along with a huge reliance of stuff people find on the internet. The end result is a swamp of ignorance and half-truths.

If you're interested in factual dietary information, please let me know. But also, understand that I am honest and truthful and may not say what is preferred or liked. I saw a mention of the "paleo" diet, which is a horrid diet at least for eliminating an entire group of healthy foods for no other reason than the faulty logic that says "Paleolithic people ate this way, so should I!" Yeah, uh, hon? Paleolithic people also ate carrion and other rotted foods, you don't have the stomach for that if you don't have the stomach for Montezuma's revenge, I can assure you. That doesn't begin to cover how much shorter their lifespans were than ours.

But if we got into diet then I'd have to go on about how I just got back the best blood work I've ever had done, with a total cholesterol of 170! (When I was 25yo and pregnant with 2nd son my cholesterol was 227, it's a battle for me.)

Diet is the foundation upon which exercise rests, IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom