Weird-ass Flavor Descriptions!

• Thread starter BioStimz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Welcome to the world of the Cannabi Connoisseur. Like the wine industry has become obsessed by notes of this and highlights of that, New cannabis smokers need to have all of these terms so they can pat themselves on the back as they get into pissing match after pissing match about the latest hybrids they have experienced. With the obsession for terpenes, there are only so many descriptions that you can use for a "Pine" smell, so fancy, artsy-fartsy names are made up. Most of these guys have been smokng for 3 years and have seen/done it all.
Sorry for being kind of pissy, but years ago, it was either tasting like hash, or pine, or hay. I don't remember my Mexican having a Mango blush on the exhale or a coffee-chocolate finish. I guess times have changed and I need to as well. Where are my fruity pebbles? ….

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Welcome to the world of the Cannabi Connoisseur. Like the wine industry has become obsessed by notes of this and highlights of that, New cannabis smokers need to have all of these terms so they can pat themselves on the back as they get into pissing match after pissing match about the latest hybrids they have experienced. With the obsession for terpenes, there are only so many descriptions that you can use for a "Pine" smell, so fancy, artsy-fartsy names are made up. Most of these guys have been smokng for 3 years and have seen/done it all.
Sorry for being kind of pissy, but years ago, it was either tasting like hash, or pine, or hay. I don't remember my Mexican having a Mango blush on the exhale or a coffee-chocolate finish. I guess times have changed and I need to as well. Where are my fruity pebbles? ….

No fruity pebbles for you. You get corn flakes with a sweet baby poo finish!

krooked

krooked

i have a cut of tropicanna cookies that smells/tastes like orange pop,ive had a few people who say its been sprayed with orange flavoring.stuff is on another level

Finally someone feels me. I just finished growing Tropaya ( Tropicanna Cookies X Papaya) has that smell/taste peoples first reaction is "WTF?" crazy terps. oninoodles nailed it

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

In my experience the strains with the most horrible sounding descriptions tend to be the ones people like the most.the most rank smelling strain I,v ran is probably Chemdog D.there is no sweetness to it whatsoever.just garlic rotten garbage dead body funk.wasnt my favourite strain though but I do like ones with fucked up smells.i had a thunderbud that smelled like a babies shitty nappy.i do have some bodhi Chemdog 91 x road kill skunk beans I,v been hanging back on popping.saving em for a rainy day.i look forward to popping em though as they have a superb lineage.although there's never any gaurantee with beans.i could run em and they turn out shite or not even pop but if they do I,'ll be Hoping for truly disgusting chem rotten meat funk that stings your nose and makes your eyes water.

E

eirI

In my experience the strains with the most horrible sounding descriptions tend to be the ones people like the most.the most rank smelling strain I,v ran is probably Chemdog D.there is no sweetness to it whatsoever.just garlic rotten garbage dead body funk.wasnt my favourite strain though but I do like ones with fucked up smells.i had a thunderbud that smelled like a babies shitty nappy.i do have some bodhi Chemdog 91 x road kill skunk beans I,v been hanging back on popping.saving em for a rainy day.i look forward to popping em though as they have a superb lineage.although there's never any gaurantee with beans.i could run em and they turn out shite or not even pop but if they do I,'ll be Hoping for truly disgusting chem rotten meat funk that stings your nose and makes your eyes water.
To get that smooth flavor is it from the genes or from a good grow or both

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Got a cut of green crack x forum cookies and it's mostly green crack in flavour.super fruity dankness.it smells and tastes like a bottle of undiluted diluting fruit juice with a wee bit o fruity cookies flavour on the exhale.its really nice.not my favourite but still very nice.
To get that smooth flavor is it from the genes or from a good grow or both
As jimster says it's all 3.take one o those 3 things away and the whole grow can turn out crap.u need to start with good genetics and good grow room practices.
Listen to me giving out advice on grow room practices wen my own are pure shite.

simcoesod

simcoesod

Got a cut of green crack x forum cookies and it's mostly green crack in flavour.super fruity dankness.it smells and tastes like a bottle of undiluted diluting fruit juice with a wee bit o fruity cookies flavour on the exhale.its really nice.not my favourite but still very nice.

As jimster says it's all 3.take one o those 3 things away and the whole grow can turn out crap.u need to start with good genetics and good grow room practices.
Listen to me giving out advice on grow room practices wen my own are pure shite.
my favorite line is do as i say not as i do!lol

E

eirI

Both, plus a good cure, which is very important for determining final flavor.
Thank you When curing in jars is there anything you add to it like moisture control etc. Also during curing do you keep in dark still.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Thank you When curing in jars is there anything you add to it like moisture control etc. Also during curing do you keep in dark still.
the 62% boveda packs work superb.it keeps your nugs a tad moist but brings the terps out and I just leave the nugs I'm going to use out to dry for 20 mins and theyr perfect.

simcoesod

simcoesod

Finally someone feels me. I just finished growing Tropaya ( Tropicanna Cookies X Papaya) has that smell/taste peoples first reaction is "WTF?" crazy terps. oninoodles nailed it
i got 2 oz with the cut,,,,gave a bit away...im getting phone calls begging me to sell it to them...one guy offered me $300/oz

Latest posts

Top Bottom