Weird Bud Structure

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

thanks hahaha but shit I've never grown something this slow I guess. the others are filling in slowly too but not as slow as t hi s one.
It looks fine to me. Great in fact. That may just be how it flowers. After you have the product, you can cull it if you don't like it. But I have had some uggos that are great product.
also in the same room I have these moving along nicely. so I'm assuming I over stressed these two with the huge defoliating I did a week and a half ago..

View attachment 681721 View attachment 681722 View attachment 681723 View attachment 681724 View attachment 681725 View attachment 681726 View attachment 681728 View attachment 681730

How many weeks were left when you defoliated? Depending on the strain, 3-4 weeks tends to let the under-buds get larger. You look like you are in that range...should be fine.

bankcee

bankcee

It looks fine to me. Great in fact. That may just be how it flowers. After you have the product, you can cull it if you don't like it. But I have had some uggos that are great product.

How many weeks were left when you defoliated? Depending on the strain, 3-4 weeks tends to let the under-buds get larger. You look like you are in that range...should be fine.

the reason I'm concerned is cause I've reveggede a flowering plant once and it's seeming to have all that same awkward leaf growth that come from that process. and it seems to be real airy and loose like I've seen before in a revegging plant.

Junk

Junk

the reason I'm concerned is cause I've reveggede a flowering plant once and it's seeming to have all that same awkward leaf growth that come from that process. and it seems to be real airy and loose like I've seen before in a revegging plant.
I see...

These plants are annuals (I think)(not weeds). They have a predetermined life cycle.

When you reveg or regenerate, you are playing with that timeline. So, you can't just revert it, from flower to veg, quickly. It must fully return to veg state, before you can flower it again to expect "normal" results.

That could be the problem. If you know what the flowers normally look like, than you have your answer.

But I've had seeds that flower poorly like your pics. Everything else appeared great, but the flowers sucked. I end up culling them.

But if you have worked with it before, and it's a regen/reveg....you are probably right.

bankcee

bankcee

since I have 2 that are looking good and other not so good, does that mean there might not be problems or is there a chance that a light leek can only be effecting what ever the leak is hitting?

idk?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

since I have 2 that are looking good and other not so good, does that mean there might not be problems or is there a chance that a light leek can only be effecting what ever the leak is hitting?

idk?
Doesn't help your cause that GG4 was made from hermie pollen, susceptible to herming in almost every environment I have seen it grown in. I think it's over hyped personally (Except for Exotic's cross The Future one of the best highs to date), I don't do Fem seeds for the very same reason. Not a fan of nanner hunting, and possible seeding in my flower room. The same reason why I don't grow bag seed anymore. 9/10 seeds have the herm tendency, because they already culled all their males.
I have seen ppl pluck all their nanners, and then see if any grow back. I feel like thats your best bet at this moment. Great looking strain though! Would be a shame.

bankcee

bankcee

Doesn't help your cause that GG4 was made from hermie pollen, susceptible to herming in almost every environment I have seen it grown in. I think it's over hyped personally (Except for Exotic's cross The Future one of the best highs to date), I don't do Fem seeds for the very same reason. Not a fan of nanner hunting, and possible seeding in my flower room. The same reason why I don't grow bag seed anymore. 9/10 seeds have the herm tendency, because they already culled all their males.
I have seen ppl pluck all their nanners, and then see if any grow back. I feel like thats your best bet at this moment. Great looking strain though! Would be a shame.

That's what I'm gonna try. plucking all those fuckers before they bust.

bankcee

bankcee

That's a sack isn't it?

20170322 184901
20170322 184855
hermit186

hermit186

I will say your starting down a very slippery slope and if you blow it you will have a problem in the next grow. This is a strain by strain thing and you get that pollen floating around, the plants have a way of sensing what your doing and if you hit the right level of pollen floating in the air other plants can be confused and they will turn hermie in the process. It can happen over a week end. Fem and auto are confused because they are a Dutch idea of how to make it easier for the amateur grower. They claim it's better smoke which is just what comes out of the south end of a north bound bull. I grow Fem for a collective. I grow and smoke Regular. I also stop buying from the "freaks are better than the regular weed" which Ma Nature spent millions of years creating for us to turn into a for profit and easier to grow.
I believe that the Acapucol Gold from the old days (1960's) was better than anything sold today. It was miss named during that period. That weed only came from one small area. Several have tried to bring it back and have made a Fem seeds called by the same name I have some of the real deal, old men keep the old ways alive. The difference between the real Gold is night and day I will stay with the old ways. Now here is what is happening to a lot of the New Generation growers. There can't be any gold unless it's grown in a small area in a valley on the edge to the mountains. If grown anywhere else lacking the drying effect of the Pacific winds and the temperature fluxing. Is not even third rate and tastes like crap. I remember when this all started, Gold showed up while I was in High School. The last real Gold came out of that area in the late 70's and the crap we were spraying on Mexico to kill the weed off. Well made folks sick and stopped nothing it ended the Real Acapulco Gold. The given climate of a strain now days is a laboratory and most think that it's not important. Those people look for the easy out of everything and in the end we will only have test tube weed. For the old school is a great loss for the new generation grower is easy and fast but is still just like our cars now a days beer cans with big motor.
When you buy seeds from a warehouse or from someone you don't know. You have the word of the seller about what it is. I will say this and is a stone cold fact they care about the Black line and your the fish on a hook.

P

PharmHand

I'm currently going thru something similar on a grease monkey pheno. Fuckin gg4/chem nanner bullshit.....And they were reg seeds. Hate these bisexual bitches..... I've accidentally abused og crosses many many times over the years never had to deal w nanners

hermit186

hermit186

The further from a true strain or the combination of the wrong genes. You get more freeks.
What happens is someone says finish it and smoke it. Well, will be of a lower caliber, when I have been in hard times I smoked a lot of questionable weed. As time goes on you will see more and more of it.
I don't have much of it if it looks like it might even one nana it's dead and burn in my incinerator.
What you need to be asken is where did those regular seeds come from.
If this happens often for every 5 you catch you will miss one and that is all it takes.
In a large growing area and 1st class air filters it's not much to worry about.
In my conex I have 2 6"Filtered circulation fans. That is a lot and they got loses on me.
I had hermies for 2 grows after that. I ask for help here and Sea told me I wouldn't like it but I still get the odd one but is fem. I have not seen and that's 4 grows ago. I don't normally give speech's I am trying to help.
Here is something you need to do get cold beer 16ozer and a stool. Go to your grow area and sit there for lights out. It should be dark but, if you had a small leek you couldn't see it unless you can drive a truck thru it.
You have to sit there till your eyes adjust to what should be total darkness. Takes 20 min. In my case I take 2 16ozers.
Because I grow in a conex I was sure I wouldn't have that problem a hole the size of a 10p nail was casting light on the back two rows 4 plants which was where I had my hermie problem. I never found it from the inside. I don't work on farm much these days but needed a tractor well can only get at night is maken money in daytime. Was sitting up high beside my conex ya! light it was a small hole. I grow with lights on at night to save on heat problems.
That hole was leeking all day. I am not saying you have that problem but, you have one on that order.
One rock will stop the biggest machine. If you have the ability put two cigarettes butts in a pot and watch.
DrMcSkunkins helped with a response to a none related problem and it worked. It helped very much.

hermit186

hermit186

To learn. It's your call but when you finish what it is your going to do that is important.
Clean and an a scale on the edge of madness I use Isophroal in a spray bottle 1/2.
Then the bleach doesn't have to be strong but 10% is what I use I spayed and let dry
several times I live where the sun can raise the tempature in a conex and while is still drying I
get the temp up above 120 degrees or higher in the hot months. You may not have that option.
I do it after every cycle takes me 2 days. I have few of the problems I once had but the bleech will kill everthing with 6 or 8 legs and anything with exposed genetics. I have to be careful of mold but have not seen it for long time.
In time you will learn each of the strains has different kinks. The closer you are to the original strain the less problems you will have. Some of theses seeds read like horse bloodlines so your way out there with some of multi-crosses. The old and sodden breeders I no say that after you have multi x multi that there is no way the seeds will be the same some will tell you the lower down on the plant the seeds are not much like the top. These guys don't have fancy letters behind there names one lives in Jamaica and can't read. The others lives in the mountians of mexico trying to bring real Gold back. I keep extensive notes about each grow. If your sure of your seeds and you clean on a grand scale and get more hermies. Back to light leek.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You could try picking off the nanners as you see them but if you have other plants in flower I would just scrap it now, you will definitely have seeds if you let it go.

Junk

Junk

They claim it's better smoke which is just what comes out of the south end of a north bound bull.
Really? I've never heard that (not doubting you). I'll have to pay attention to it. Although I don't really know anyone who does fem anymore (and I'm not going to buy fem).

Fwiw, I've only had it happen once, where it hermie'd on me, and I cut off the problem colas. But it just continued, so I pulled the whole plant. Every other plant was fine (15 plants) not a seed or a nanner in sight. But that particular plant, even in perfect conditions, just wouldn't stop. So, considering I've never had it happen before, and even in that run (which was the most perfect and consistent run I've ever done) it was ONLY that plant...it seems to me that sometimes you just get one that wants to flip on you.

Temps never went above 77, or below 65. Humidity was perfect. Co2 was perfect. Diet was perfect. There were no "cold zones" in the tent. They were never over fed, not once...but this plant was on a mission to self pollinate.

bankcee

bankcee

Really? I've never heard that (not doubting you). I'll have to pay attention to it. Although I don't really know anyone who does fem anymore (and I'm not going to buy fem).

Fwiw, I've only had it happen once, where it hermie'd on me, and I cut off the problem colas. But it just continued, so I pulled the whole plant. Every other plant was fine (15 plants) not a seed or a nanner in sight. But that particular plant, even in perfect conditions, just wouldn't stop. So, considering I've never had it happen before, and even in that run (which was the most perfect and consistent run I've ever done) it was ONLY that plant...it seems to me that sometimes you just get one that wants to flip on you.

Temps never went above 77, or below 65. Humidity was perfect. Co2 was perfect. Diet was perfect. There were no "cold zones" in the tent. They were never over fed, not once...but this plant was on a mission to self pollinate.

I'm hoping this is what you went through and none of the others get seeds they're looking fuego!

hermit186

hermit186

Only my my opinion no numbers. I don't use Professional CO2 I do however try to time my CO2 production to the flowering schedule I make shine and it makes lots of CO2 Have no Idea about the numbers but if you not careful you create a new taste sometimes not a wonderful change. I believe that CO2 added while the lights are on helps to stabilize the plant and in the case of regular puts me in almost never see a Nanna with fem is also rare and I believe the CO2 makes the plant less likely to produce the dreaded hermies.
One of the best things about this place. Mostly no ego's to deal with. Is great there are some here that can tell you all about CO2
I use it in my primitive way and am fairly sure it helps. If this is your first hermie problem take pictures in time you will see it much sooner. If you live where is legal I would pot one and put outside(not a mile but a ways from any connection with your other plants) and see what happens with Ma nature. Remember if you do many animals also like weed. Really I just like to watch it grow and it will help advance what you no.
I believe with all the "caned water make it great nutrients" we as a group have the newest growers coming in and just over feeding. Nutrient people always have an answer for the problem and want to sell you a fix when LESS not more is what is needed.
I grow from the point of view the ladies will tell you what they need did that snake-oil salesmen come look or did he show you some proof no he used a pamphlet and the Company redrick. That is more of the same north bound bull.
I use Jacks and have for 15 years growing and in my garden my whole life.
I tried Canna, GH, Fox. I still use several of there products but only after Ma nature is failing.

I talk to much If you want to live on Mars hang with Technology. I started with good weed and being here has made it better. I will not live long enough to get near Mars but the more it cost don't make it better.

Junk I have read and used many of your comments in the past and I can say this with 95% confidence I grew White widow and even tried breeding to make my own seeds and a plant makes 100's and of those seeds there is a verity of what comes out. I have seen 3 or 4 plants togather from same bag and 3 will knock your socks off and one is a dog.
If you watch them as a seed the underperformers I don't try to fix anymore if I have 3 or 4 I like and one under the same situation, same everything and it is just slow or doesn't stand straight up. I have a rabbit that loves me.
Weed plants are not people, under performers need to be rabbit food.
Part of the problem is that everyone is finishing screwed up plants and smoking it. I am not up for that.
Allowing them to live only makes more screwed up plants, The greater minds involved in this industry are money motivated not quality of smoke. I have read that pollen lives a short time. More of that bull, I have a conex I have not grown in in over a year and a half two winters no heat. I started growing again and after all that time the first crop made seeds on a grand scale. It's possible I had a nanna but it couldn't have done that good of a job. I was pissed and I finished a coupla I can afford to have genetics done but it looks like White widow and taste like it and the effect is the same. Where did that pollen come from?
That is when I started cleaning after every grow with alcohol and bleach has not happened again?

P

PharmHand

Mine were cuts from reg seeds a friend had grown out twice without issues.... They were ticking along just fine no light leaks no massive temps/nute/humidity issues or swings. I did throw another layer of scrog on a little late(day 21 flower) which I've done before without issue. But I think that's what did it. Bitch was like " you messed up my hair I'm gonna start growing dicks". Did some research after the fact turns out GG4 and one of its parents(Chem) are known to throw nanners in times of stress. Fuck that shit

bankcee

bankcee

Mine were cuts from reg seeds a friend had grown out twice without issues.... They were ticking along just fine no light leaks no massive temps/nute/humidity issues or swings. I did throw another layer of scrog on a little late(day 21 flower) which I've done before without issue. But I think that's what did it. Bitch was like " you messed up my hair I'm gonna start growing dicks". Did some research after the fact turns out GG4 and one of its parents(Chem) are known to throw nanners in times of stress. Fuck that shit

i.bought a new tent yesterday set it up setup my light and idk why but for some reason while I was using my light and finishing everything up the light kicked off for a second or minute and kicked back on. I check the timer no prongs were out of place or anything so if that's happening while I'm not there at night then maybe that's what's stressing them the hell out. but how am I supposed to figure out what my problem is.

bankcee

bankcee

the light bulb is brand new the hood is a year old and the timer too but the ballast is probably older than I remember.

Top Bottom