Weird Critters

• Thread starter DO IT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DO IT

DO IT

So i was looking through my basement mix and found these guys. i still have a week 2 go and im not worried about this round just about the future. So my Q to the farm is what are they and how do i kill them??? 1 is a worm and the other looks like a mini centipede.

Weird critters
Weird critters 2
Weird critters 3
Weird critters 4
Weird critters 5
green punk

green punk

Fungus gnat larvae. Got any fliers? Microbe Lift BMC 2-3 drops per gallon will knock them out

DO IT

DO IT

yeah i got them flying around. I declared war last week on them. what about the the other 1??

DO IT

DO IT

hey GP is that BMC the same as mosquito dunks??? i have some of those laying around. i wont be able to get the BM for another 2 weeks and was wondering if the dunks would o the job.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

The clear gooey ones are fungus gnat larvae - best defense against them is the predatory mite Hypoaspis Miles. I've heard and had limited success with BTI products such as dunks but anywhere I have hypoaspis I don't have any gnats.

That other orange guy is definitely a mystery - looks like it could be a springtail but there's not enough detail to be sure. Could also be baby centipedes if your soil is especially woody. Neither of those bugs would be considered pests. Usually when the bug has lots of body segments like that, and lives in soil, it's not predatory towards plants.

Top Bottom