Weird Looking Pods But Not Seed??

• Thread starter Leebone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Leebone

I have a small outdoor plant. It's starting to flower just before it did it came of with alot of pod looking things in between the nodes.
At first with the abundance of them looking like some type of growth i immediately thought they were seed pods and moved her away from her sisters.
The pods are now opening and alot have just opened and become part of the forming flowers.
Does anyone know what this is?

Weird looking pods but not seed
Weird looking pods but not seed 2
str8smokn

str8smokn

I have a small outdoor plant. It's starting to flower just before it did it came of with alot of pod looking things in between the nodes.
At first with the abundance of them looking like some type of growth i immediately thought they were seed pods and moved her away from her sisters.
The pods are now opening and alot have just opened and become part of the forming flowers.
Does anyone know what this is?

You have a hermie. It's male and female.those pods are the male pollen sacs.
It looks like a couple have already opened up,so you will have seeds if it's good pollen.

STR8

Bakataha

Bakataha

It really depends on if he wants seeds or not. Seeds are relatively cheap online, though. I believe nirvana seeds gives you ten free random seeds whenever you order, and ordering seeds is legal, bruh.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Chop that beast down.
It's a hermi. You don't want it and you don't want the seeds it might make.
The seeds will be full of hermi prone genetics.

It's a bad idea to keep the plant or the seeds.

Best of luck.
Peace

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Thats a really confused plants.. A lot of times when I get a Hermi outdoors its usually only one branch and its produces only a couple male flowers... That thing is just about half female half male--- kill it :)

Bakataha

Bakataha

Yeah, I didnt really consider the hermie genes it would pass on. Kill it with fire

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I don't think that hermie genes get passed on.. I think something happens to the plant to cause it stress and that causes it to produce both male and female flowers.. For example I have grown the same sour genetics for years in my garage.. Only 2 or 3 times have I done something to stress the plant so much that a couple plants created hermie flowers.. One time was heat stress and the other time my new AC unit had a neon light I didn't notice that created hermie flowers... Anyways I would love to hear some other opinions

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

holy shit...people like to throw the hermaphrodite word around, this is a TRUE hermaphrodite - 50/50 female:male flowers. DO NOT KEEP ANY SEED YOU FIND.

This trait was bred out of recreational cannabis decades ago, to see a true hermaphrodite these days is truly truly rare. But still not good at all. Congrats on witnessing this, sorry you have to scrap it.

L

Leebone

I disagree with you all. All my seeds are from out of bud I've brought so they are all from hermie plants. Ive had a few go hermie but I've had a few good ones too and the good ones were very airy buds but very sticky leaf and very potent and that plant came from a seed that had fallen off my first plant that was a disaster of a plant. What grew from that was a nice full female plant.
The gene can die out.
I have hundreds of seeds that I've collected from bud that ive smoked.
At the price of seeds and the risk of bringing them into Australia i would never buy any.
At the end of the day its free bud, to get good stuff you need to spend money on it which i don't have.

germinator

germinator

Confusion.....All seeds don't come from hermis.....some breeding still occurs today......Maybe you original bud was accidentally partially pollinated from a male before he was spotted, believe me it happens a lot just a handful of beans show up.
Most folks don't want to waste space on unstable plants that produce inconsistent product. That said....It's your adventure so enjoy.

Bakataha

Bakataha

I disagree with you all. All my seeds are from out of bud I've brought so they are all from hermie plants. Ive had a few go hermie but I've had a few good ones too and the good ones were very airy buds but very sticky leaf and very potent and that plant came from a seed that had fallen off my first plant that was a disaster of a plant. What grew from that was a nice full female plant.
The gene can die out.
At the price of seeds and the risk of bringing them into Australia i would never buy any.
At the end of the day its free bud, to get good stuff you need to spend money on it which i don't have.
Just try to think of it as Humans playing the role of evolution with marijuana. There's that joke "they work on bud like it's the cure for cancer." So, essentially, we're trying to rid the world of all of the "Lame" plants, if you will. Breeders bring genetics up, and obviously, with genetic mutations and what not, there will always be hermies, but we want the genetically strong plants to pass their info onto the next plant, thus evolving the plant further. Same as animals, bugs, et all. It's fascinating. Life's wierd. <3
Plant master race inc

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

The gene can die out.

How the hell are you going to come on here asking what male flowers are, and then say you disagree with us all?! That's a true hermaphrodite - as in, it's producing full male and female flowers on the same branch. Not a forced herm like most of us see indoors, but a TRUE hermaphrodite.

The gene that is identified as the "herm" gene is found in every variety of cannabis - whether it's active or not is the question, and as far as science can tell the difference between a herm and a normal plant is the plant's cellular disposition as to whether it's going to activate the gene or not, which it can do at any point (forced herm). True-breeding herms were bred out of seed stock in the 70s and 80s, the only thing I can think of as to why you would still be seeing any at all is that Australia is fairly isolated from the rest of the world and has a more unique genetic stock than the americas or europe, where genetics are shared 24/7.

L

Leebone

Confusion.....All seeds don't come from hermis.....some breeding still occurs today......Maybe you original bud was accidentally partially pollinated from a male before he was spotted, believe me it happens a lot just a handful of beans show up.
Most folks don't want to waste space on unstable plants that produce inconsistent product. That said....It's your adventure so enjoy.
I never said all seeds come from hermie plants i said all of mine have and they dont always stay hermie the gene can leave through the seed as i have proven a few times..
If there is seed inside the buds then it can not be full female because they are producing seed aswell.
I've also heard but haven't had the chance to try it yet but if you bend the main stalk over a third of the way up apparently it can come back as a full female but like i said I've only been told that.
Thats it mate and like I've said its to risky bringing seeds into the country.
I work with what i have and still just learning. Each one gets better every time so one day I'll grow a monster

L

Leebone

How the hell are you going to come on here asking what male flowers are, and then say you disagree with us all?! That's a true hermaphrodite - as in, it's producing full male and female flowers on the same branch. Not a forced herm like most of us see indoors, but a TRUE hermaphrodite.

The gene that is identified as the "herm" gene is found in every variety of cannabis - whether it's active or not is the question, and as far as science can tell the difference between a herm and a normal plant is the plant's cellular disposition as to whether it's going to activate the gene or not, which it can do at any point (forced herm). True-breeding herms were bred out of seed stock in the 70s and 80s, the only thing I can think of as to why you would still be seeing any at all is that Australia is fairly isolated from the rest of the world and has a more unique genetic stock than the americas or europe, where genetics are shared 24/7.
I was disagreeing with you all saying to chop it....Not everyone has the means to grow amazing bud.
And I've seen alot of hermie plants here in Australia.
It is extremely hard to find skunks and stuff like that here. Unless you have mad hook ups you pay top dollar for absolute shit here.
Most people here can't grow for shit here so if i grow anything that gets me stoned im winning alot of the stuff i pay for doesn't even do that

germinator

germinator

I get it now......you'll have a great adventure...there are other hip Aussies here you should hook up with will make your seed life come alive. Best vibes

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I was disagreeing with you all saying to chop it....Not everyone has the means to grow amazing bud.
And I've seen alot of hermie plants here in Australia.
It is extremely hard to find skunks and stuff like that here. Unless you have mad hook ups you pay top dollar for absolute shit here.
Most people here can't grow for shit here so if i grow anything that gets me stoned im winning alot of the stuff i pay for doesn't even do that

Word, I dig it, keep her around, but don't expect your seed to improve for next time you plant, and definitely don't expect to enjoy smoking that. Genetics only get better when you kill off the weak shit and don't let its pollen spread. Everyone in the world had shitty weed at some point, but over time they worked to refine it, killing the hermaphrodites was the absolute first step.

Bakataha

Bakataha

Absolutely! All species want to progress, not stay stagnated, or regress!

Top Bottom