welcome to the jungle it gets worse here every day...

• Thread starter thunderfudge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Digger

All (2) Back 2 Blacks and (4) Ultimate Chem 08 F2's above ground. 100% germ rate. All were soaked for 24 hours in plain tap water, then to a paper towel for two days in which time they sprouted and grew enough of a taproot to show they were germinating and not stopping. Into soil and two days later started breaking ground, and above ground one day after. Just a heads up, the husk on the Ultimate's is slightly thick. Not so thick I had to work magic to get them to pop, but just thick enough that the soil wasn't enough to strip the shell as the plant emerged. I know everyone here has had those seedlings that look like golf clubs sticking out the media. It was easily remedied with a very weak aloe solution, just enough aloe to soften the r.o. water. I put a pinch of aloe into about 15 ml of water, mixed well and then took a dropper and wet the husk a few times. Let it sit for maybe 5-10 minutes and was able to peel away the shell and the last of the embryonic sack (for lack of a better word) with no effort. The next day all cotyledons were open and facing upward. They saw the light, like Jake!

Organikz

Organikz

All (2) Back 2 Blacks and (4) Ultimate Chem 08 F2's above ground. 100% germ rate. All were soaked for 24 hours in plain tap water, then to a paper towel for two days in which time they sprouted and grew enough of a taproot to show they were germinating and not stopping. Into soil and two days later started breaking ground, and above ground one day after. Just a heads up, the husk on the Ultimate's is slightly thick. Not so thick I had to work magic to get them to pop, but just thick enough that the soil wasn't enough to strip the shell as the plant emerged. I know everyone here has had those seedlings that look like golf clubs sticking out the media. It was easily remedied with a very weak aloe solution, just enough aloe to soften the r.o. water. I put a pinch of aloe into about 15 ml of water, mixed well and then took a dropper and wet the husk a few times. Let it sit for maybe 5-10 minutes and was able to peel away the shell and the last of the embryonic sack (for lack of a better word) with no effort. The next day all cotyledons were open and facing upward. They saw the light, like Jake!
I soak the seeds in aloe/fulvic/water for 24 hours prior to putting them in.my cubes...100% and the shell is always shed before she breaks ground. It's also going to act like a steroid for the seed. Good stuff man

D

Digger

I soak the seeds in aloe/fulvic/water for 24 hours prior to putting them in.my cubes...100% and the shell is always shed before she breaks ground. It's also going to act like a steroid for the seed. Good stuff man

Thanks, I might try that again. I've had that happen no matter what I soak them in. Most of the time I don't think I bury them deep enough.

What do you use for aloe and fulvic? What measurements? I’ve been looking at Ful-power and aloe flakes from BaS

I can vouch for the aloe flakes from BAS. If you can, buy as much of it as possible or ask them how their stock on the flakes is looking. When I bought my first bag, it was a powder. Same brand and all but in powder form and it was a pain in the ass to deal with. Like the coconut powder if you ever tried that. The flakes were so much easier to deal with. I use the bio-ag ful-humix powder. You get way more for your money than if you buy the liquid. Only drawback to the powder is it doesnt completely dissolve, so if you are running in recirculating systems or have sprayers and shit it will clog them. I grow in soil, but I have had the ful-humix powder clog my garden sprayer.

incogneato

incogneato

Doing ok man, other than this damn stomach flu shit that refuses to let go anyway. I'm finally starting to see things improve from the stem cell treatment, real small things but, noticing myself being able to do little things that I couldn't before. One small step at a time bro.
I've still got like 11 more beans of that Mr. White (above) and I've got a pack of the Countrytime Kush and a pack of Red Rover, I'll be running more of something from him soon. Keep thinking I should try the Countrytime, been hearing good things.
Thats awesome bro!
You have a log or just documenting here? Very interested in this one. Love to hear more about this aloe, humi/fulvi soak @Organikz @Digger. I was going to try using some bennies for my next pop.

D

Digger

Thats awesome bro!

You have a log or just documenting here? Very interested in this one. Love to hear more about this aloe, humi/fulvi soak @Organikz @Digger. I was going to try using some bennies for my next pop.

Whats up @incogneato, no I don't have a grow log for those. I will most likely just post them here since it's Fudge genetics. Maybe I'll start one after the others get bigger, or just post flower shots much later. Right now it's early, I'll take some pictures after they have a few sets of leaves.

One of the benefits of aloe is its ability to lessen the surface tension of water, it contains saponins. If the tension is less, its easier to absorb. That's a good thing for me since I'm in a peat mix and peat is hydrophobic, so it makes the water easier to absorb if I let the peat get too dry. Barley straw also contains saponins, so if you have some straw laying around soak it in a bucket and about an hour later, agitate it and watch the bubbles form. Humic and fulvic are the ultimate organic matter. I forget everything they do, but they are really good for your soil and therefore for your plants. EWC is full of it and its one of the things that makes EWC so damn good.

incogneato

incogneato

Whats up @incogneato, no I don't have a grow log for those. I will most likely just post them here since it's Fudge genetics. Maybe I'll start one after the others get bigger, or just post flower shots much later. Right now it's early, I'll take some pictures after they have a few sets of leaves.

One of the benefits of aloe is its ability to lessen the surface tension of water, it contains saponins. If the tension is less, its easier to absorb. That's a good thing for me since I'm in a peat mix and peat is hydrophobic, so it makes the water easier to absorb if I let the peat get too dry. Barley straw also contains saponins, so if you have some straw laying around soak it in a bucket and about an hour later, agitate it and watch the bubbles form. Humic and fulvic are the ultimate organic matter. I forget everything they do, but they are really good for your soil and therefore for your plants. EWC is full of it and its one of the things that makes EWC so damn good.
All good, ill follow along here. I just didnt want to miss it if you had one growing. Ive been using humic/fulvic for awhile but not the aloe. I do use yucca extract which also contains alot of saponins. Either way ive never used either to germinate with.

N

Newber

Let me start off by saying how appreciative i am for you all being awesome and helpful, including my noob post all in the wrong spots haha but you guys i just like this thread so be it! And what do you know? I log on and immediately learn that ill be doing some aloe research. But i have another question that might be a pain and i get the strains lights experience, but was hoping regardless, to get a ballpark from what you all have pulled running autos under a 1000watter.. its critical auto by dinafem.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Not a lot of difference from some of the last pics but, I chopped her today so, thought I'd post them. I was seeing some amber in the trichs so, I call that a good time for chopping, don't like letting them go too far personally.
20180123 140242
20180123 140251
20180123 140310
20180123 140327
20180123 140148

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Kinda surprised at how many white hairs are still there with the trichs starting to turn amber but, you really can't go by those all the time so, really not sure why it surprises me.
This kinda feels like it could've just stayed in my head...then again, if we all did that there wouldn't be any forums...or something.

incogneato

incogneato

Kinda surprised at how many white hairs are still there with the trichs starting to turn amber but, you really can't go by those all the time so, really not sure why it surprises me.
This kinda feels like it could've just stayed in my head...then again, if we all did that there wouldn't be any forums...or something.
I had a few last run that threw me offi like that. Cloudy trics but still throwing white hairs.

Top Bottom