Welcome to "The Maxy Pad"!

• Thread starter Max Frost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Loving how you got that plant roller coastingneck hella cool..Enjoying this maxy pad feels loving and plush here max. Smoked the animal cookies not my twist dude said was a real BITCH to get going though. Welcome to the farm brother these guys are very cool and knowledgeable. .Grow On!!!!!!

ZONER

ZONER

Max,
Go to Wal mart and go to the section for window blinds, look for the long "Black Out" drapes. They come in long sizes that will cover sliding glass door. You'll get 2 to a package, get yourself some stick on Velcro strips and attach them to the grow hut. Not expensive n it should block out any light just use both panels and fold them up over the top when needed..

Zoner

Max Frost

Max Frost

And it's Zoner by a nose! Another great suggestion, my friend! That would be a great solution! Thanks, bro!

Best,

Max :wacky:

Max Frost

Max Frost

Well, my solution turned out to be that I just light-proofed the whole room! Still not a long term solution because I'll be running veg and flower tents in the same room...but I haven't had a chance to go to the store, and it works for now!

I'm happy to announce that the UNO VHO T-5 light has finally arrived! I just got finished hanging it, and hell-o fuzzy...that's one bright bitch! The penetration with this T-5 is MUCH better! Right now, I'm running 3 bloom spectrum/1 veg spectrum bulb. The light color and intensity truly reminds me of HPS! After seeing it in action, I feel allot more confident of it's ability to do a nice job in flower. We're about to find out! It is most definitely hotter though! Right now I have it set about 6" from the canopy until I can get a feel for how the heat is going to dissipate. I'm not sure I'll even need to lower it much more. The light at the top of the canopy is crazy-intense even at 6".

I flipped them on Saturday, so today is day 3 of flowering. Gave them a shot of Open Sesame (1/2 tsp/Gal) and 1 TBSP molasses at the flip. Here's a couple of pics til next update. Thanks for dropping in!

Best,

Tent

SB

Group

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Well, my solution turned out to be that I just light-proofed the whole room! Still not a long term solution because I'll be running veg and flower tents in the same room...but I haven't had a chance to go to the store, and it works for now!

I'm happy to announce that the UNO VHO T-5 light has finally arrived! I just got finished hanging it, and hell-o fuzzy...that's one bright bitch! The penetration with this T-5 is MUCH better! Right now, I'm running 3 bloom spectrum/1 veg spectrum bulb. The light color and intensity truly reminds me of HPS! After seeing it in action, I feel allot more confident of it's ability to do a nice job in flower. We're about to find out! It is most definitely hotter though! Right now I have it set about 6" from the canopy until I can get a feel for how the heat is going to dissipate. I'm not sure I'll even need to lower it much more. The light at the top of the canopy is crazy-intense even at 6".

I flipped them on Saturday, so today is day 3 of flowering. Gave them a shot of Open Sesame (1/2 tsp/Gal) and 1 TBSP molasses at the flip. Here's a couple of pics til next update. Thanks for dropping in!

Best,

View attachment 323373
View attachment 323374
View attachment 323375

RIGHTEOUS Brother Grow On!!!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Fuck yeah man!!! That looks like its fillin that tent up with light and they all look super healthy and lovin it, def should produce some nice nuggetry. Im still lookin into these for myself so Ill be watchin wit great interest to see how they do for ya, can you say guinea pig haha?? Looks nice and clean and bright as a mutherfuck! Very nice my friend.
Just curious what the fem ratio of those SB's were? MGG

Max Frost

Max Frost

Thanks bro! Well...I think I may have screwed the pooch on that one, MGG. I had one Speedberry that showed male (I thought). I may have culled it too quickly though, because another that looked almost identical, wound up poppin' pistils! The preflower was more "rounded" and I thought it was male. I'm thinking now that if I'd watched it a bit longer, it was probably a fem! So...that would mean the fem ratio was 100%! I'm thinking it was just a different pheno, which had more rounded preflowers. My other one has developed into a nicely structured female, and it had the more rounded preflower. The other Speedberry's had more conventional "spear-shaped" preflowers. They looked like female calyxes from the get-go.

My bad on that one for sure! Out of 7 started, I have 4 strong females running right now. One I trashed thinking it was male (prematurely), and 2 didn't make the cut from the up-pot. Not that there was anything wrong with them. I started with 15 plants total, and only intend to run 3-5 all the way, so I'll be culling down to that level as we go. I'd be hard pressed to let go of another tho. They are looking SO damn good! Haha! Thanks for everything bro!

Best,

Max Frost

Max Frost

UPDATE...Week 1, FLOWERING!

Hi Farmers!

Well, it was time for a fresh Maxy Pad :( ...so we flipped the girls this week! Today is DAY 6 of flowering! The plants are still doing well and looking happy. I gave them a shot of Open Sesame and molasses at the flip. Just watered last night, so they'll get a pretty good feed when they dry out again. My RH has been running too high (70s-80's), and the plants are taking too long to dry out. It took 7 days for them to dry out well enough to need a drink last time. I'm going to take measures to bring the RH down a bit, and hopefully that will help them dry out faster. I also want the RH levels down to around 45-50% before we start packing flowers on heavily.

The plants have started to stretch a bit now. The Animal Cookies are stretching more than the others, but still not anything I would classify as excessive or out of the ordinary. The Animal Cookies are from BCBD, and I really don't have much faith in the cuts of both the GSC and the Fire OG they used in their cross. Time will tell...but I'll be very surprised if they don't herm out before it's all over. Hope not, but...

The Speedberry's, bred my MGG, are definitely the star strain in this run! Again...they are a cross of Hashberry and SpeedQueen. I love the structure of these girls, and they smell SO fucking good! The Blueberry Gum (G-13 Labs) is also smelling fantastic. The smell is leaning far towards the bubblegum right now. I can't pick up much of a "berry" scent at all yet.

There are no signs of pistils yet, other than from the preflowers, but it shouldn't be long now! Thanks for dropping in, and remember that comments and posts are welcomed and encouraged!

Best,

Tent1

Tent

Group

SBs

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

The Amazon on the Discovery Channel soon bro.. Filling up real nice.. keep them fans going towards the pots.. them speedberrys sound very interesting!.. best with them..

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Lookin lush at the pad. Gonna be some buddage goin on soon bro...keep up the great work on those and thanks my friend! MGG

Max Frost

Max Frost

Thanks so much, ya'll! I truly appreciate your support and well-wishes!

Today is DAY 11 of flowering, and I'm seeing some nice pistil development. Nothing pic-worthy yet, but I'll be sure to post up some shots as soon as we have the first official "bud". :cyclops: You can bet I'm watching! The stretch is on full-force now...which is good! The Bad Boy T-5 stacked the nodes so tight during veg that I was truly concerned with the buds not having enough stem area to develop fully. I've literally got 1/4" nodes on a couple of the plants! Anyway...they're spreading out some now at last. Here's a few pics of what's happenin' in The Pad...

Group

Here's a couple of shots of the Animal Cookies...

AC

ACs

(The plant in the immediate foreground is a Speedberry. The rest are Animal Cookies).

Here's a shot of the Speedberry. Killer structure! MGG said he felt that Mandala genetics were some of the best available for the price...and I have to agree! I spent some time on the Mandala website. It's AMAZING the amount of grow info they have on their site. I think it's nice that a breeder gives you detailed instructions on how to max out their strains! Kudos to ya, Mandala!!!

SB

And last, but not least is the G-13 Labs Blueberry Gum. The smell is all bubblegum so far. Or rather kind of like a skunk chewing bubblegum, I should say! Nice structure and genetics on this plant too. The four cuts in the Solo cups in the first pic above are BBG's. I took the cuts as an afterthought while trimming. I didn't have any rooting hormone or anything, so I just scraped the stem, and planted it directly in Happy Frog soil and watered them in with some Liquid Karma. I placed them in the humidity dome for 10 days, and they're starting to "green up"! I can't believe it, but I think all 4 are going to root and make it!:playful: The breeder's description of the strain says it clones easy...I guess so!

BBG

I was noticing the beginning of some deficiencies. Primarily N and P. I was getting some yellowing on the bottom fans, and some purpling of the petioles (which is visible in the pics above). I gave them a good feed of:

2-1/2 tsp Grow Big
1 tsp Tiger Bloom
1 TBSP Big Bloom
1/4 tsp Open Sesame
30 drops Cal/Mag
1 TBSP Blackstrap Molasses

They have all responded really well to the feed and have greened back up about 80-90% already.

Well...that's about it for now! Stay tuned...I think we're about to get busy around here!

Best,

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Tents lookin good bro....gonna have bud galore up in that tent soon. I know it wont be soon enough for you though bro....I know just bein able to tend to that garden does wonders for ya though. Keep on rollin my friend! MGG

Max Frost

Max Frost

Thanks everybody! Sorry for not doing a better job with this update, but I've got so much going on right now, it's hard to find time!

:hungry: UPDATE - FLOWERING - DAY 22 :hungry:

Flowering is finally well under way, with bud set going well! I'm noticing the flowering seemed a bit slower with the T-5's than my old HPS rig. It's understandable though, and I really don't mind. I'm not out to win any races or set any records. As long as I've got a steady supply of meds and don't run out...it's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. Here's a few pics of the buds setting....

The Speedberry's...

Budz

Budz1

Budz2

Budz3

The Animal Cookies...

Budz ac1

Budz ac2

WHERE'S WALDO???

When I turned the lights on today, I found I had a visitor. :nailbiting: May he rest in peace.

Waldo

I made an excursion to the Grow Store yesterday and got the rest of the stuff I needed to finish setting up my room/veg/drying areas. I'm gonna be working on it all afternoon today, and I'll try to put up some pics when it's all done. Thanks for dropping in, and your comments and questions are always welcomed!

Best,

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Thanks everybody! Sorry for not doing a better job with this update, but I've got so much going on right now, it's hard to find time!

:hungry: UPDATE - FLOWERING - DAY 22 :hungry:

Flowering is finally well under way, with bud set going well! I'm noticing the flowering seemed a bit slower with the T-5's than my old HPS rig. It's understandable though, and I really don't mind. I'm not out to win any races or set any records. As long as I've got a steady supply of meds and don't run out...it's a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. Here's a few pics of the buds setting....

The Speedberry's...

View attachment 326995

View attachment 326996

View attachment 326997

View attachment 326998

The Animal Cookies...

View attachment 326999

View attachment 327000

WHERE'S WALDO???

When I turned the lights on today, I found I had a visitor. :nailbiting: May he rest in peace.

View attachment 327002

I made an excursion to the Grow Store yesterday and got the rest of the stuff I needed to finish setting up my room/veg/drying areas. I'm gonna be working on it all afternoon today, and I'll try to put up some pics when it's all done. Thanks for dropping in, and your comments and questions are always welcomed!

Best,

Kicking ass and taking names..I see u max. .Keep this up...Looking Green N Good over there Bud!!!! Ur in soil yes??

Latest posts

Top Bottom