Well.rooted gets well rooted in coco with LED

• Thread starter Wellrooted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wellrooted

Wellrooted

More to catch up on but phone may die, finish filling in tomorrow if so. They’ve made a fantastic turn around and am very excited to embark on this journey with these ladies and with those tuning in! Buckle up for big fun y’all!

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

What setup have you moved on to?

I dig the simplicity of v+b and have seen some stellar results. I don’t live at my spot so trying to make this eventually as hands off and low key as I can
Ended up just going with Jacks, huge savings on the nutrients end. But definitely didn't ditch the simplicity. It's simpler if anything. I still use Life for just transplanting and Push as well.

Wasn't for lack of results or anything, mostly just to cut down on nutrient costs.

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

7/18 day 20

Uppotted to 1 gal today

Humidity been higher than I’d like but everything else is going swimmingly other than ph spikes in my res think that’s where the claws and twists are coming from a combo of high humidity and high ph

Image.jpeg

Image_1.jpeg

Image_2.jpeg

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Used to use the whole VB line as well, my favorite thing was definitely Life+ and the Push foliar, good stuff. I've moved away from the nutrients but still have a bunch lying around so I'll be following along maybe I'll use it again. Hate for it to go to waste.
What medium/setup were you running it in? You use the +life every feed?

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

7/23 day 25

Looking good!

Temp 80* rh 64%

Perfect nice praying leaves

Image.jpeg

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

7/24 day 26 veg

Hand watering with a can has become a real pita as well as time consuming.. especially because my 4x8 veg tent is only accessible from one side.. at least it’s an 8’ side lol. Thought adding another rack to spread them out would make life easier and it did for about a day maybe day n half but they filled the gaps with a quickness. Ordered everything I need for auto feed in the tent just waiting for it to get here.

Other than that they look good, fed late today unfortunately because my partner is outa town and I was slammed busy today but they got their second feed and runoff and that’s what counts.

Also they got a light foliar of push tonight.

What took so long was since they got fed late they took around 5 gallons and I had to mix each gallon by hand, feed til gone then mix another.

When I got there my res was below my little mix pumps submersion level and the res and pump need dumped and cleaned but I didn’t have time to do all that tonight.

How do you go about cleaning your res/pump/irrigation between res changes? I know it’s hydrogen peroxide but what’s the solution ratio?

Pics from tonight right after super late feed

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Alright all caught up so posts from here on will be current.

thanks for tuning in and looking forward to the journey! Stoked for my first diary on the farm, been lurking around here for some time now figured it was time to engage in the community. Feel like I know some of y’all already lol

question tho what is a good solution for cleaning res/pumps/feed system?

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

What medium/setup were you running it in? You use the +life every feed?
I was using it in rockwool, top feeding DTW. Worked totally fine but I did not use Life every feed cuz it would clog my lines/pumps without the use of bag filters around my pumps. Those were super annoying to use and clean every few days and felt like all the good stuff was getting trapped behind. So now I just use Life when I transplant by just sprinkling a tiny pinch into the rockwool before planting the clone/seedling, helps a lot to establish strong roots at first. After that I just go sterile.

I did use Life at a larger grow I used to work at but they had big ass jet pumps so the Life didnt clog it, we used it every feed back then and it was great. Just not ideal for my tiny pumps haha.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Alright all caught up so posts from here on will be current.

thanks for tuning in and looking forward to the journey! Stoked for my first diary on the farm, been lurking around here for some time now figured it was time to engage in the community. Feel like I know some of y’all already lol

question tho what is a good solution for cleaning res/pumps/feed system?
I've always used SLF-100 every few res changes and a heavy dose of it after harvest and just run it thru my system. Works great, just kind of pricey.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Ya for sure, popular and cheap option is h202 or dilluted bleach. But this is after your harvest right? Prob wouldnt use h202 if you have any organic inputs like Life since it would kill it all.

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

yeah I’m just looking to clean my res between fill ups / mixing new batches and to run through my recirculating pump inside the res. Just to keep things clean between then I figured I’d run through the whole system between runs

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

What I guess I’m asking is the solution ratio of h202 to water? And how much I’d need? Have 55 gal reses

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

yeah I’m just looking to clean my res between fill ups / mixing new batches and to run through my recirculating pump inside the res. Just to keep things clean between then I figured I’d run through the whole system between runs
Oh yea for sure h202 if its just reciruclating within ur res and not feeding the plants or anything. Just to clean your res from time to time.

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

7/26 day 28 veg

Cleaned the res and recirculating pump and hose and my res heater and cords that go inside res. I heard that +life left a film if in a res for a bit and it does. Not gross or anything as long as it’s stirring, I have a 100gph eco pump in there for recirculating but thinking about bumping it up to 200+ so that it’ll keep things churned a little better and I’d think that The bigger the splash from higher flow rate as it recirculates the more aeration? Correct me if I’m wrong.

so while I’m waiting for it to refil and mix I’m going to prune back the jungle a bit and go through and crack some backs. On @Aquaman ‘a going coco thread someone posted a Kyle Kushman video of him supercropping and he calls it “kushman chiropractic”. As stereotypical as the guy is (why I’ve never been able to bring myself to watch any of his videos before that) he had some good info and points and not gonna lie I would have coined kushman chiropractic too 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom