Well.rooted gets well rooted in coco with LED

• Thread starter Wellrooted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

7/26 day 28 veg

Cleaned the res and recirculating pump and hose and my res heater and cords that go inside res. I heard that +life left a film if in a res for a bit and it does. Not gross or anything as long as it’s stirring, I have a 100gph eco pump in there for recirculating but thinking about bumping it up to 200+ so that it’ll keep things churned a little better and I’d think that The bigger the splash from higher flow rate as it recirculates the more aeration? Correct me if I’m wrong.

so while I’m waiting for it to refil and mix I’m going to prune back the jungle a bit and go through and crack some backs. On @Aquaman ‘a going coco thread someone posted a Kyle Kushman video of him supercropping and he calls it “kushman chiropractic”. As stereotypical as the guy is (why I’ve never been able to bring myself to watch any of his videos before that) he had some good info and points and not gonna lie I would have coined kushman chiropractic too 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol
Put me in that lineup too lol

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Snap shot of the list of life that’s in +life in case anyone was wondering. I’m also thinking the +life in the res for a week is what’s causing my ph drift because vegbloom ro/soft is supposed to be super ph stable in a res. I’ve heard of people adding the +life to each feed but I’m waiting for the rest of my parts to get here and turning the veg tent to auto feed. Then the vegbloom rep I talked to said in flower just do +life the last half of the week and once in flower in 3 gal pots with 30% coco with frequent fertigation I don’t see my res lasting more than a couple days and it won’t be such a big deal then.

also couple of shots of where they’re at right now. I’ll take after pics when I’m finished or at least done for the night
2E0AAC5D C653 4ACA 93DB BA6B2BDE178C
362CE134 F805 437B 87A7 36C5514B34D7
2EA64FD1 DFD4 4D55 B42F E8928C3F78E0
ED9C60AE 9D23 4E6A 8EF9 AFEB00E22602

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Yeah it was rough lol... but I agree he has some good info in there.
So not gonna lie I haven’t made it all the way through your thread I mentioned about you going coco, I’m about halfway through it. I don’t just skim the threads I choose I end up sucked into them and leave them in open tabs on my phone and read through what I can any chance I get.. this site has totally replaced social media in my life lol.. (which has its benefits and downsides.. social media presence has a big impact on my business so sometimes I’ll be like ah shit I need to get on fb and stay relevant and in people’s feeds but I literally have to pry myself Away from whatever thread I’m totally engulfed in and force myself to reply to potential customers or make a post to stay top of mind lol)

anyways how has the pruning and supecropping worked out for you?

I’m just doing the pops for now not gonna bend them over because 1: I’m running out of horizontal space in my tent and 2: I’m gonna scrog in the flower room to fill out the canopy and keep it as even as I can. My flower rooms are I think 12x14 and 10x10 or 11x12 don’t remember the second but the 6 lighter will have 2 4x12 scrogs with a foot between the walls and in between and the 4 lighter will be same but 4x8

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Snap shot of the list of life that’s in +life in case anyone was wondering. I’m also thinking the +life in the res for a week is what’s causing my ph drift because vegbloom ro/soft is supposed to be super ph stable in a res. I’ve heard of people adding the +life to each feed but I’m waiting for the rest of my parts to get here and turning the veg tent to auto feed. Then the vegbloom rep I talked to said in flower just do +life the last half of the week and once in flower in 3 gal pots with 30% coco with frequent fertigation I don’t see my res lasting more than a couple days and it won’t be such a big deal then.

also couple of shots of where they’re at right now. I’ll take after pics when I’m finished or at least done for the night View attachment 1150320View attachment 1150321View attachment 1150322View attachment 1150323
That could lower ph. If you have anything with ammonia it will also. The plants release h+ ions in the uptake process. So root shedding also contributes to that. If that's the case enzymes may help. Uptake of nitrate will raise ph.

Have you looked into the alkalinity yet?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So not gonna lie I haven’t made it all the way through your thread I mentioned about you going coco, I’m about halfway through it. I don’t just skim the threads I choose I end up sucked into them and leave them in open tabs on my phone and read through what I can any chance I get.. this site has totally replaced social media in my life lol.. (which has its benefits and downsides.. social media presence has a big impact on my business so sometimes I’ll be like ah shit I need to get on fb and stay relevant and in people’s feeds but I literally have to pry myself Away from whatever thread I’m totally engulfed in and force myself to reply to potential customers or make a post to stay top of mind lol)

anyways how has the pruning and supecropping worked out for you?

I’m just doing the pops for now not gonna bend them over because 1: I’m running out of horizontal space in my tent and 2: I’m gonna scrog in the flower room to fill out the canopy and keep it as even as I can. My flower rooms are I think 12x14 and 10x10 or 11x12 don’t remember the second but the 6 lighter will have 2 4x12 scrogs with a foot between the walls and in between and the 4 lighter will be same but 4x8
SoG going forward... very short veg like 10-14 days... some pruning at flip and a bit after stretch.

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

That could lower ph. If you have anything with ammonia it will also. The plants release h+ ions in the uptake process. So root shedding also contributes to that. If that's the case enzymes may help. Uptake of nitrate will raise ph.

Have you looked into the alkalinity yet?
My ph actually drifts up.. in the res. Haven’t paid much attention to runoff ph, don’t check runoff ec every time and haven’t very frequently lately because every time I did it was right where it should be .2 less than input.

for the record I’m using RO water and it’s on a float valve that keeps a 50gal full then I just use a eco100 to pump to mix res’s. One for veg flower 1 and flower 2.

as far as actually being able to answer your question you kinda lost me. I’ve been reading and lurking and soaking what I can like a sponge but I’m not as understanding of the science behind it all yet as I’d like to be. One of the reasons I decided to actually start contributing and not gonna lie I’m super stoked you popped into my thread cause I learn a ton from your input and threads

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

SoG going forward... very short veg like 10-14 days... some pruning at flip and a bit after stretch.
I’m only running 4 plants per light in each room.. is 14 day veg long enough to fill that canopy with sizeable and mature enough plants? Yield and quality are crucial

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My ph actually drifts up.. in the res. Haven’t paid much attention to runoff ph, don’t check runoff ec every time and haven’t very frequently lately because every time I did it was right where it should be .2 less than input.

for the record I’m using RO water and it’s on a float valve that keeps a 50gal full then I just use a eco100 to pump to mix res’s. One for veg flower 1 and flower 2.

as far as actually being able to answer your question you kinda lost me. I’ve been reading and lurking and soaking what I can like a sponge but I’m not as understanding of the science behind it all yet as I’d like to be. One of the reasons I decided to actually start contributing and not gonna lie I’m super stoked you popped into my thread cause I learn a ton from your input and threads
Oh my bad I thought itbwas driving down and I'm kinda dumb about the roots cause its down coco lol.

Yeah I got to that point also checking periodically. As long as I watered frequently enough minus the timer mishaps runoff was like a waste of time checking but still recommend it as good practice.

You know I'm one of thise guys I know what I should do and think meh I can get away with it... like the mechanic who's car is never fixed lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m only running 4 plants per light in each room.. is 14 day veg long enough to fill that canopy with sizeable and mature enough plants? Yield and quality are crucial
Prob 3 week would be more along thise lines.

This is 2 trays 55 plants of a grower I'm working with. The closest is 1 week veg the furthest is 2 week with a topping.
They are 5 week and 1 day I think tomorrow. But this poc is a few days ago.

Camera preview EUkDFho2Dce7 9iYupt5wWSy0asYfATa6ACow9jZqK4
Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Oh my bad I thought itbwas driving down and I'm kinda dumb about the roots cause its down coco lol.

Yeah I got to that point also checking periodically. As long as I watered frequently enough minus the timer mishaps runoff was like a waste of time checking but still recommend it as good practice.

You know I'm one of thise guys I know what I should do and think meh I can get away with it... like the mechanic who's car is never fixed lol.
Or the contractor who never finishes projects around his own house 🤣
I’ve seen you mention adding alkalinity to ro water before.. what’s the purpose of that and how do you go about it? Also do I need to be doing anything or putting anything in my to res to keep it sterile or stable? I have an air stone and res heater I keep it right around 70*, should I be leaving the little eco100 on with the hose back in the top to recirculate too or should it be groovy just chillin? It’s a black uline 55gal drum

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

I’m curious you said you went to jail for weed. Aren’t you in a legal state? If not a couple years seems excessive.
Not currently in a friendly state. Prob be one of the last if not the last to progress in that regard.

I got caught up in a trafficking case in the Southwest while living in the Bay Area.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Or the contractor who never finishes projects around his own house 🤣
I’ve seen you mention adding alkalinity to ro water before.. what’s the purpose of that and how do you go about it? Also do I need to be doing anything or putting anything in my to res to keep it sterile or stable? I have an air stone and res heater I keep it right around 70*, should I be leaving the little eco100 on with the hose back in the top to recirculate too or should it be groovy just chillin? It’s a black uline 55gal drum

It creates a buffer to give a more stable ph.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

@Wellrooted I ran a scarily similar setup as yours not too long ago. RO water with a 50gallon res using the V+B Line w/ their Life+. I experienced the same ph drift as well. Easy fix is to create a buffer like aqua said. The way I did it was just add a silica product at your normal dosage and wait for the ph to go up to 9.0-10.0, then ph it down to 6.5~, then add your stackswell, then your base. It would typically fall within range of 5.7-5.8 and stay stable for the rest of the week.

As far as the film left behind by life is the main reason I stopped using it in my res because my system was too prone to clogging. But my system has some weak pumps and spaghetti lines, so the clogging issue isn't gon be a deal breaker for a better feeding system (not sure what yours is like).

I ended up having much better success by feeding the LIfe+ by hand rather than running it thru my system. I also had success running it in my system and just using the bag filters for my feeding pumps, I only stopped doing that cuz I got tired of cleaning the bags so often haha. I've gone sterile since then

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

@Wellrooted I ran a scarily similar setup as yours not too long ago. RO water with a 50gallon res using the V+B Line w/ their Life+. I experienced the same ph drift as well. Easy fix is to create a buffer like aqua said. The way I did it was just add a silica product at your normal dosage and wait for the ph to go up to 9.0-10.0, then ph it down to 6.5~, then add your stackswell, then your base. It would typically fall within range of 5.7-5.8 and stay stable for the rest of the week.

As far as the film left behind by life is the main reason I stopped using it in my res because my system was too prone to clogging. But my system has some weak pumps and spaghetti lines, so the clogging issue isn't gon be a deal breaker for a better feeding system (not sure what yours is like).

I ended up having much better success by feeding the LIfe+ by hand rather than running it thru my system. I also had success running it in my system and just using the bag filters for my feeding pumps, I only stopped doing that cuz I got tired of cleaning the bags so often haha. I've gone sterile since then
Thanks for the input I’ll definitely incorporate some silica. Any one in particular you recommend?

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I use Pro-tekt but its not the "best" silica product out there. That's just what I am used to and got the hang of. I think there's a general consensus that PowerSi or other products in the form of monosilicic acid is better since it can be taken up by the plant immediately. Protekt is potassium silicate which needs to be broken down and can take a while for the plants to actually use it (from what i understand). Aqua would know more about the science behind all of this type of knowledge.

I almost use silica as a buffering agent more than the nutrient haha, so I am good with the cost of protekt vs powersi. I'll probably consider upgrading once I start putting out fire every round, but for now I cant justify it. I don't want to be the dude with a ferrari that doesnt know how to drive for shit.

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Sup guys! Been crazy busy with work and family and had a spell of a few days of not even seeing the ladies but have been busting ass deep in the night trying to keep the train moving forward. Phone crashed this morning and I lost progress pics and notes since the last time so glad I started this diary when I did lol. Anyways the gals made it to their new home tonight. Still have a few things to finish in the room but it’s on and they’ll be happy once settled in. Still have one in tent but I ran outa expanded coco tho so she’ll get up potted and moved tomorrow. Trellis rolls should be here Friday then I’ll be bending these girls like none other. Ordered 3.5” trellis to scrogg then 6” to go 9”-12” above first net. Plan is to cast the net on pvc frame, tuck them until the canopy is full, strip everything that doesn’t touch the net and thin out some of the fans and flip to 12/12. May even go before it’s full just to get the show on the road. Wanna say this is halfway into week 4 maybe 5 of veg.
3A09FD54 1C56 44EB 8046 146EB7D87526
B166F6AE 4853 467C 92DF 72583CC8E520
1A1737D7 65D5 4696 83B0 C6BFC30C3B62
50B98AC3 F8C6 4F98 8343 B1A2094E37F1
B0CC43A5 74D9 4AF4 9A39 E9A2D77F11E7
484BC0C0 0950 4E5A 85D1 CE70CEE49B86
13325CD6 A157 4CCA ADC9 21C74FD10900
033932EF 3D5F 4410 BBAB 1D333FCF4246

Wellrooted

Wellrooted

Prob 3 week would be more along thise lines.

This is 2 trays 55 plants of a grower I'm working with. The closest is 1 week veg the furthest is 2 week with a topping.
They are 5 week and 1 day I think tomorrow. But this poc is a few days ago.
What size trays?

Latest posts

Top Bottom