• Thread starter JohnnyGrow309
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

maxresdefault.jpg

mancorn

mancorn

i remember that conversation also, something to do with the chemicals those fuckers secrete or something along that line.
it supposedly makes the plant do the fight reflex or whatever.
someone was trying to find out what chemicals it was.
or it could be just bullshit and biting your leaves could do the same
It’s the plant putting out hormones to tell predators to come eat. It makes sense when you think how impractical it would be for a wasp to fly under every leaf looking for a mite to eat. Instead the wasp picks up on the plant’s defense hormone and goes to the infested plant. Read a study where they put a bunch of plants in a room, half infected w/mites, half clean, release the predatory wasp and they all fly straight to the infected plants and leave the clean ones alone.

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

What would you suggest? chew on a few leaves without removing them from the plant? Do a daily gnawing? Not sure that would work..... 🤣
Poke the stems with a needle or something.....isn't that what they do? They burrow into the main stem and suck out all the sap.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

It’s the plant putting out hormones to tell predators to come eat. It makes sense when you think how impractical it would be for a wasp to fly under every leaf looking for a mite to eat. Instead the wasp picks up on the plant’s defense hormone and goes to the infested plant. Read a study where they put a bunch of plants in a room, half infected w/mites, half clean, release the predatory wasp and they all fly straight to the infected plants and leave the clean ones alone.
Good to know!!! 👍

J

JohnnyGrow309

I've been there with mites, webs all over the tops. I washed it in a 3 part wash, you should have seen the debris it was gross and I smoked the shit,.............

That snap crackle pop of the shit and their corpses gets annoying and made me shiver knowing what I was inhaling.....I had to change locations and bleach the fk out of everything.....

If it took you this long to find them....

I thinks yous gots some issues with bugs on a lot more than 3.....GL I hope you're not wanting to unload that stuff on someone.......and I'm glad I aint smokin the shit......
Bill Gates says you should eat bugs. Surely smoking them is just as healthy

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
bye bye..
just another trixie or idontknowhatimdoing..
wish him the worst!!…

steamroller

steamroller

Glad I've never visited a dispensary.
You growers who do it for cash just don't seem to give a fuck!
OP [ yea talking to you] spider mites are a serious pest and don't just go away.
They are like cockroaches and live through all sorts of shit.
Their life cycle is unbreakable for all but who honestly seek help and put fourth intense effort to eradicate them.
They are known to hibernate through harsh winters in the bark of trees. Where there is a will there is a way. Nature.
Looking back at your post you have had them for possibly years and never noticed.
If I were you I would just ignore them, you seem incompetent and unwilling to correct the problem.
Sorry but you have been given a shit ton of good advice and chose to have personal differences with members.
I don't see this ending well for you or your plants.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Glad I've never visited a dispensary.
You growers who do it for cash just don't seem to give a fuck!
OP [ yea talking to you] spider mites are a serious pest and don't just go away.
They are like cockroaches and live through all sorts of shit.
Their life cycle is unbreakable for all but who honestly seek help and put fourth intense effort to eradicate them.
They are known to hibernate through harsh winters in the bark of trees. Where there is a will there is a way. Nature.
Looking back at your post you have head them for possibly years and never noticed.
If I were you I would just ignore them, you seem incompetent and unwilling to correct the problem.
Sorry but you have been given a shit ton of good advice and chose to have personal differences with members.
I don't see this ending well for you or your plants.
i think like trixie and others that they just come to the site to try to create problems.. as their issues or knowledge are out of this world..
no way is someone that fucking stupid and growing 250 plants..
i’m sure we’ll see another one soon..
cant wait! actually hahaha

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i think like trixie and others that they just come to the site to try to create problems.. as their issues or knowledge are out of this world..
I just sat here and read these 3 pages and Jesus Christ this dude is stupid as fk.
is it 3 or 10 plants that have spider mites? Im thinking more like all 250.....
This dude is a fkn first class 🤡
I see spider mites like that anywhere and im getting the triple headed propane torch!! Id burn my fucken house down..... Im not a bug person, theyre nasty.

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
The trim got rid of them already so I don't get how it's a loss. Whether they're mites or thrips, they're damaging the leaves and ruining my pictures. I'm just asking the forum if anyone has had to trim this early before harvest to see if the buds will suffer for it. Right now they look good.

One idiot commented never grow in that room again and he sounded serious. Another told me to wash my buds with H202. Surely you can see how silly these comments are? This is high in our parents basement type of science.

The mites are already gone I'm just wondering if anyone has trimmed a week before pull down? I'm guessing nobody has?
No..."Wet Trimming" that far out will only harm your whole plant more. The Fan leaves are your "wheels and Engines" of the plant. They gather up the light and make the plant GROW/FLOWER/BLOOM etc...Without an "engine" you are basically gonna get a a slowly dying, foul tasting plant. (And any SEEDS produced are nada Ziggy..No good. Not with that Spider Mite infest. Any phenos..No good.) But no.... You have AMPUTATED the patients LEGS and asked us if she can walk again. The answer is .."no." Sorry.

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
There was some talk on here a while back on how bugs and in particular mites make the plants respond & fight the infestation by putting out more trichomes, and they were wanting to find a way to trigger that response without the mites.....it was only a discussion but it implied that mites have an effect on trich output.....????? I know knot somethings just stick
Just "bumping around" my grow room does that too. I have a 10 x 5 x 7 grow tent and I grow "SOG" method and no more than about 10 plants at a time. So I am always moving them around watering, cleaning (LOOKING, Staring, adoring, etc) and usually my gentle knocking them about produces more trichomes then just leaving them alone or not trying any training with them. I would really NOT introduce any beneficial bugs OTHER than NEMATODES and or MYCELIUM because if your in a basement the beneficial bugs will just die. Nematodes can have some help with soil pests. Good luck.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Trust me when I say there are those that ARE that stupid.

Had some money bags kid call me talking about setting up a "HUGE" grow. He hired me to essentially deliver a turn key operation. I did as instructed and built out a 30 light warehouse setup. I hired a master gardener and a 2 man crew to run the day to day with a few more on call when needed. Did my job and got paid.

I get a call from the master gardener 2 months in telling me the kid had fired him because he seemed to think he knew more than the master gardener. A month after that call I get a text message from one of the workers telling me the kid had laid off both workers because "the plants were doing all the work" and what was he paying them for. My phone rings a month later with the kid yelling at me telling me he's going to sue me because I didn't do the job right and I purposely sabotaged it by hiring incompetent people. Mind you this is a completely illegal, unlicensed operation. So I ask him what was wrong with the installation. He said all the plants are yellow and dying and have spider webs everywhere. I told him what it was and asked him why he hadn't attended to the problem when it first came up. He said he had to go to Aruba for a month to "depresssurize" so he left one of his buddies to watch the place and I should have told him something like this could happen.

😐

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I have a buddy that was hired to help grow for a local dispensary. He said they had spider mites continually and would spray “green cleaner” to kill them but they never went away. He got fired because he was so fed up with the bugs and the lack of motivation to eradicate them. They didn’t care about the quality and to them it’s just a job. It’s all about the money.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have a buddy that was hired to help grow for a local dispensary. He said they had spider mites continually and would spray “green cleaner” to kill them but they never went away. He got fired because he was so fed up with the bugs and the lack of motivation to eradicate them. They didn’t care about the quality and to them it’s just a job. It’s all about the money.
hence, unhealthy plants full of heavy metals and no thc, haha.. bunch of dicks, i love it when shit happens to them!

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

We may have stumbled upon a new method to boost tric's daily chewing on your leaves....just gnaw a bit don't kill it a gentle click click click with the front teeth should do up and down the larger leaves and fingers of a few leaves each day up until harvest.....A winner for sure......Now how do I bottle what I just smoked?
I take that as an insult (or knowledge). I have no teeth. Lol. So now, what do I do to get my TRIC'S up. Good shit brother. Smoke good, live long

Toohighmyguy

Toohighmyguy

So I found myself with a thrip problem. Most plants are doing okay but some are getting hit bad. I'm phenohunting a wedding cake right now and some phenos don't seem to be bug resistant at all.

I began trimming some down and will do a one week flush starting tomorrow. Maybe 10 days if I feel the plants can keep going with no issues. Anybody wet trim before to get rid of bugs? Will this trim ruin bud development?

Please spare me your negative comments. I'm showing you the worst plant out of 250 during a pheno hunt. I'm looking for tips to rid bugs and continue flower
Johnny, you have a problem. Let me say this in the most respectable way. Would you at any point feed your family infected goods. And from your post. And without a doubt. Everything is infected. Some more than others. A resistance, is not impenetrable. What your doing sounds like a good way to make a lot of people sick. No disrespect. If that's the way you want to smoke. Cool. You don't have the right to profit from another person's health

Latest posts

Top Bottom