Whackin' off in the tool shed

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourPlants

FourPlants

Ain't you them kids that have been whackin' off in my tool shed?

Anderson

Hello to the farm! It has been a while for me here and in the garage. It's time to get things up and running again. Spent some time lately cleaning my tent up and getting ready. Popped a few seeds. Got a photo strain a buddy is going to try outdoors. I will be running a couple autos in a soil mix just to get up and running again while I decide on my setup. I am thinking I want to run ebb and flow instead of RDWC this time around.

Here is the strain I will be helping my buddy with outdoor this year.

Whackin off in the tool shed

FourPlants

FourPlants

Everything still pretty quiet in the grow room. Colombian Jack mother is doing well. My next real run is going to be coco and running autos Silver Skunk. Never grown autos or in coco so should be fun and a learning experience too.

Here is the Colombian Jack this morning.
CJ26

FourPlants

FourPlants

Sorry for not posting more regularly, it really is something I want to be better at. Anyways, decided I would grow out the mother plants myself... Well shall see if that is a mistake. Have a neglected section of my yard I am going to transform into an outdoor garden to be the home of these plants and perhaps a cool spot to chill. Still doing some overall cleanup.
Alien Rock Candy on right mocked up in new pot and Colombian Jacks on left (one behind the other). This will be my first time growing outdoors.

Thinking I will pressure wash and paint white the homemade risers. Old fence panels I had laying around.

GardenPrep

FourPlants

FourPlants

Just trimmed my risers to be uniform and did my first pressure washing. Going to let sundry for a few and then wash top side one more. Now debating between stain, oil, or a white paint seeing wood look better.

Riser1
Riser2

FourPlants

FourPlants

Well, my recycled fence panels cleaned up nicely and are drying out. I think I am going to go with some exterior flat ultra white and hope it stays cooler and reflects some photons, The girls have acclimated to being outdoors well. The alien rock drank damn near every bit of water I gave it this morning. Need to move to new homes soon but really wanted to make sure I the space is ready being I don't see me moving the girls much.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Got these mommas moved into their new homes just in time for Mother's Day. These ladies have created some offspring to be grown in my buddy's yard, but these ladies want to go to work now. Got to work on creating an amazing space now. Thinking about super high trellis for veggies along the fences just to hide the girls when they grow taller than the fence.

NewHomes

FourPlants

FourPlants

Sitting here pretty baked and wondering just how big these plants will get. Figuring out how I plan to support the weight of them. I guess there could be worse problems to have.

What kinds of things should I do to make it a place that is nice to sit back and smoke a joint? Thinking about making some sort of bench or sitting area.
Also need to decide what veggies and flowers to grow.

Any recommendations for good companion plants to help with pests?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Sitting here pretty baked and wondering just how big these plants will get. Figuring out how I plan to support the weight of them. I guess there could be worse problems to have.

What kinds of things should I do to make it a place that is nice to sit back and smoke a joint? Thinking about making some sort of bench or sitting area.
Also need to decide what veggies and flowers to grow.

Any recommendations for good companion plants to help with pests?

Cedar chips all around the ground,
Slugs, bugs and pests hate cedar.

FourPlants

FourPlants

The ladies seem to be enjoying the new homes. Hopefully they are stretching those roots out. Cooked some steaks for a Mother's Day Brunch and then went out and took photos for two different jobs.

Did manage to snap a quick photo of one of the girls tonight.

Colombian Jack
CJ0514

FourPlants

FourPlants

Smooth sailing so far. Plants seem to be enjoying their days and nights under the sun and stars.

So one of my concerns for this grow is going to be visibility from the street, The spot of the new garden is in my side yard so once they grow taller than that fence, they will be waiving to everyone who goes by. It won't be long at the current pace.

I believe my solution is going to be mammoth russian sunflowers on the other side of the fence in the front yard. Anyone ever tired them? The ole interwebs leads me to believe they will finish blooming and be done in late Sept. I would imagine if the stalks were staked, they should still hide a good bit until I harvest. Anyways, I have some seeds soaking because they will be fun to see them towering over that fence from my spot anyways. Will probably let some cucumbers grow up them as well.

Picture for example.

giant-sunflower-seeds-giant-russian-mammoth-grey-stripe-helianthus-annuus.jpg

Last edited:
Mothman

Mothman

Smooth sailing so far. Plants seem to be enjoying their days and nights under the sun and stars.

So one of my concerns for this grow is going to be visibility from the street, The spot of the new garden is in my side yard so once they grower taller than that fence, they will be waiving to everyone who goes by. It won't be long at the current pace.

I believe my solution is going to be mammoth russian sunflowers on the other side of the fence in the front yard. Anyone every tired them? The ole interwebs leads me to believe they will finish blooming and be done in late Sept. I would imagine if the stalks were staked, they should still hide a good bit until I harvest. Anyways, I have some seeds soaking because they will be fun to see them towering over that fence from my spot anyways. Will probably let some cucumbers grow up them as well.

Picture for example.

giant-sunflower-seeds-giant-russian-mammoth-grey-stripe-helianthus-annuus.jpg
Whew! Nice ones (the flowers, I mean). 😎
They may tend to draw the eye of passersby. May draw neighbors to come over and admire/chat about them. Within mere feet of your stinky grow….

Latest posts

Top Bottom