What’s GNick55 up too

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Your operation is a little bigger scale than mine. 😁 Thanks for all the demonstration. When I get enough kif I'll play around with it and see what I can get out of it. My rosin press looks more like your pollen press. Do they make some type of form that could go in between the rosin plates?
mmm🤔 i think i’ve seen something that could be used on the internet, i just get creative, can you control the pressure from nothing to full, as your just trying to press together. what about heat? can you set at 100-150 degrees?..
etc

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

mmm🤔 i think i’ve seen something that could be used on the internet, i just get creative, can you control the pressure from nothing to full, as your just trying to press together. what about heat? can you set at 100-150 degrees?..
etc
I watched a girl one time take a big nug and press it with her hair straightener and some parchment and got a decent amount of dab out of it! 😄

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

haha yep, a few things i have no interest in playing with..
hair straighter rosin, anything made with butane..
YIKES! Had a buddy burn his legs cooking down butane. I told him doing it in his garage was a bad idea, that the fumes are heavier than air and will float around the ground and are flammable but he figured as long as he left the side door open it would be enough ventilation.....Nope! Luckily he didn't burn down his whole house!!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
YIKES! Had a buddy burn his legs cooking down butane. I told him doing it in his garage was a bad idea, that the fumes are heavier than air and will float around the ground and are flammable but he figured as long as he left the side door open it would be enough ventilation.....Nope! Luckily he didn't burn down his whole house!!!
i’m smart with stuff like that as i use isopropyl for lots of things., i just hate products made from using butane..

Habosabin

Habosabin

etc
I can control heat on my rosin press with the digital controls and I can control the heat on my small hand press if I use my sous vide to within a degree. I think my first attemp will be with the hand press with maybe 3g of kif and heat it at 120 or so to soften it and see if it will fuse the kif into a single cyclinder of hash

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I can control heat on my rosin press with the digital controls and I can control the heat on my small hand press if I use my sous vide to within a degree. I think my first attemp will be with the hand press with maybe 3g of kif and heat it at 120 or so to soften it and see if it will fuse the kif into a single cyclinder of hash
i think you could use this in your press to press the resin into hash.. id heating this thing up in hot boiling water, dry off, put on your rosin press or even and vice and just learn how to press it into hash instead of rosin. i wouldn’t heat up the rosin press though..
8061CB0D 5265 419C 93D1 6E2FFB2A8242

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
i think you could use this in your press to press the resin into hash.. id heating this thing up in hot boiling water, dry off, put on your rosin press or even and vice and just learn how to press it into hash instead of rosin. i wouldn’t heat up the rosin press though..View attachment 1291407
@GNick55 what is your preferred method of treatment for pressed rosin. I like it a lot but it’s so damn sticky and hard to work with.

Habosabin

Habosabin

So I put some gold kif in the press and heated to 130 and then compress it again. I might have used to much pressure and heat. I got this dark puck that is super hard. I can't even break it by hand. The sheared off section is darker in person.

I think with some tweaking and less pressure it could be pretty good.

20221011 210110
20221011 210231
20221011 211353
20221011 211028
Last edited:
Habosabin

Habosabin

I torched a small chunk in my glass and it does have an oily hash taste much different than flower. But not that old Lebanon gold taste. But to be fair this kif was harvested from 4 month old leaves from my auto. Will try again on my next plant at like 100 degrees and less pressure.

I broke my 10 day t break for this so one hit has kicked a buzz in.

indogrow420

indogrow420

@ preferred method of treatment for pressed rosin. I like it a lot but it’s so damn sticky and hard to work with.
i love rosin. each strain is different , it all depends on strain/moisture/temp. I made rosin since 2015 seen it on yt started with hair straightner , went to grinded up big square nose plyers. some return gooey had some brittle etc.
sometime I pressed really low temp and then put it in a mini oven to like 50c and leave it for like 1h or more but always kept an eye on jt and it would change to a dry soft crumble that looked and felt like full melt gold hash.

Last edited:
W

WyattTerp

i love rosin. each strain is different , it all depends on strain/moisture/temp. I made rosin since 2015 seen it on yt started with hair straightner , went to grinded up big square nose plyers. some return gooey had some brittle etc.
sometime I pressed really low temp and then put it in a mini oven to like 50c and leave it for like 1h or more but always kept an eye on jt and it would change to a dry soft crumble that looked and felt like full melt gold hash.

W

WyattTerp

Has anyone tried the H!GHTEN Sifter? The pricing seems out of line but I bet you'd get through a large amount of flower in a hurry. GNick55's brick press and one of theses sifters would be nice. Might even get sone decent temple balls out of the finer screens ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom