• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Im not disagreeing just thinking outloud

Thank u gnick

Nice rope o’ plants

I find the "hay" smell goes away around day 4 or day 5 of drying and from that point on the smells only get more and more intense as the dry completes and then once they are off to cure things just get compounded. I just cut open up a bag of Blue Cheese from May. It smelled like rancid wine. And then I would get subtle hints of blueberries while trying not to vomit.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I usually do my first dry in a coolish dark place and try and slow dry the first phase so as not to disturb the trichomes and terpenes too much. Warm enough for water to evaporate from the flower but not too hot that it will dry out prematurely and evaporate all the terpenes. I usually hang the entire plant for around 7 days in 50% humidity at around 70* to 75* then start breaking down the main stem into smaller branches, checking dryness as I go along. A few days on the branches and then the flowers get removed from the branches and go onto the dry nets. If they get a bit too dried I jar them before I put them on the dry nets to pull more moisture out of the middle and rehydrate the outer part of the flower that gets crispy. Keeping a good RH with good airflow is key to a proper cure along with allowing the time it needs to finish all the conversions it's doing at that stage. I like to give them at least a month of cure, testing at around 3 weeks to see where they're at.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
gonna press the resin today, uncleaned..
gonna use hot bottle method, if it turns out to be too much work and i get sore than into the pollen press it will go..
EBE6B07C FAEF 4004 B5DE 857519EFB9A9

Habosabin

Habosabin

first time checking me out? haha of course i make my own, hashish, hash oil, etc.. don’t smoke weed..
Definitely that part is new to me. I just see the nice bud you grow. How can I make my own hash? I have a pollen press. Is there anything else that needs to be done to it to make it like the old Lebanese gold?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Definitely that part is new to me. I just see the nice bud you grow. How can I make my own hash? I have a pollen press. Is there anything else that needs to be done to it to make it like the old Lebanese gold?
you have a pollen press or rosin press?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Sunday update..
Future 1 clones coming along nicely, LST has also worked out nicely and now letting plants just grow it out now.
just started lowering hours, this time i’m lowering it one hour every 4 days until 12/12, though flowering will start at 14/10..
View attachment 1290884View attachment 1290885View attachment 1290886View attachment 1290892
Finished trimming the 3 Future 1 plants..
basically did a light trim over my 149 micron screen except for buds in jar they got a nice trim, than very lightly sifted the trim to remove remaining heads before tossing in garbage.
got a nice pile of resin for hashish..View attachment 1290894View attachment 1290895View attachment 1290896View attachment 1290897View attachment 1290898View attachment 1290899View attachment 1290900View attachment 1290901View attachment 1290902
Played a great game today..View attachment 1290903
Nice work up the G - kickin some old school heavy metal with that Krokus cd , prolly been 30+ years since I’ve heard any their tunes

steamroller

steamroller

Since reading and watching Nick, I can only highly recommend sifting screens.
I get nothing but handshakes and compliments on sifted hash! 👏

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's awesome. Can I use a pollen press and heat it up in the press?
oh ya, geez a pollen press will make anything stick together haha,
i take off the box and heat up for a bit in boiling hot water than put back on and put resin inside than press… leave for a min or so.. or more, but at least a minute..

Habosabin

Habosabin

oh ya, geez a pollen press will make anything stick together haha,
i take off the box and heat up for a bit in boiling hot water than put back on and put resin inside than press… leave for a min or so.. or more, but at least a minute..
Could I pack the pollen press and then sous vide it in a sealed bag at a particular temp for a set amount of time? If so what temp and length?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Why and what is the process for the hot glass bottle
it’s a method for making hashish or temple balls to store away..
basically the heat from the bottle is just hot enough and with pressure will crush the heads creating a melt to form hashish..
obviously there’s a method to it and obviously the cleaner the resin the easier it is..
making the hash/temple balls and being able to store it away from light and air and heat for 6 months to 10 yrs or more, the cannabiniods are the able to rid the hash of contaminate (plant material)..
if your trimming your weed, than use your bare heads, you’ll end up with sticky finger tips than go to a spot where you can rub your tips together and tiny pieces will fall, collect those up and now use that tiny piece to clean your finger tips as you continue trimming, you’ll be surprised at what you got when done..

josefrahl

josefrahl

it’s a method for making hashish or temple balls to store away..
basically the heat from the bottle is just hot enough and with pressure will crush the heads creating a melt to form hashish..
obviously there’s a method to it and obviously the cleaner the resin the easier it is..
making the hash/temple balls and being able to store it away from light and air and heat for 6 months to 10 yrs or more, the cannabiniods are the able to rid the hash of contaminate (plant material)..
if your trimming your weed, than use your bare heads, you’ll end up with sticky finger tips than go to a spot where you can rub your tips together and tiny pieces will fall, collect those up and now use that tiny piece to clean your finger tips as you continue trimming, you’ll be surprised at what you got when done..
We used to make Charas like that back in the 90's. Grip a fresh cut plant over and over, scrape it off you're hands and repeat until you don't get anymore. Press with the hot bottle then enjoy. I still collect it while I trim nowadays. I decided to start making bubble hash after having a bit of the Charas from my last grow. I'll have to dry sift my trim next time. Always something new to learn. 😁

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Here it is. The sous vide can go to 200f.
ok, a hand pollen press, never used one, you could heat it up but you’ll need gloves to tighten it, with one of those you would want pretty clean resin.
i think i’d rather hot bottle press, hand press..
here’s my press which i thought you had..
AFD32DC2 9264 4D86 8536 039B530863E1

Habosabin

Habosabin

ok, a hand pollen press, never used one, you could heat it up but you’ll need gloves to tighten it, with one of those you would want pretty clean resin.
i think i’d rather hot bottle press, hand press..
here’s my press which i thought you had..View attachment 1291197
Your operation is a little bigger scale than mine. 😁 Thanks for all the demonstration. When I get enough kif I'll play around with it and see what I can get out of it. My rosin press looks more like your pollen press. Do they make some type of form that could go in between the rosin plates?

Top Bottom