What advantages are using co2?

• Thread starter concreter68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
The 15-30% gain also means more nutes and water. Pretty sure aqua said that before in a post. I had pretty good results on the first round with co2 but after that I went to a tent and had issues controlling my environment. Deficiencies will take hold that much faster. I found I got better results with just fresh air exchange or next time I’ll have a nice dehuey. Co2 is for pushing the plant as hard as it can go. Some of these guys on here slay it with Co2 tho so go for it if that’s what you wanna do. I suggest trying many different grow methods. Small plants/big plants, some trained/untrained, co2/no co2.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Burners are cheaper but there is issues with contamination of product and many commercial growers found that out the hard way, not being allowed to sell the product because it failed testing

A bad burner can easily enduce ethylene poisoning although ibuave rarely ever seen it, it does happen.

Worker safety can also be a concern as they produce carbon monoxide also so if using burners you really must use periodic venting

Its a toss up in whats more efficient or cost effective when all is considered. But id harzard a guess that propane is cheaper even if you need to vent periodically through the day or at least once a day preferably at night.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The 15-30% gain also means more nutes and water. Pretty sure aqua said that before in a post. I had pretty good results on the first round with co2 but after that I went to a tent and had issues controlling my environment. Deficiencies will take hold that much faster. I found I got better results with just fresh air exchange or next time I’ll have a nice dehuey. Co2 is for pushing the plant as hard as it can go. Some of these guys on here slay it with Co2 tho so go for it if that’s what you wanna do. I suggest trying many different grow methods. Small plants/big plants, some trained/untrained, co2/no co2.
Co2 makes photosynthesis more efficient so imo its always more beneficial than not… how beneficial is in the hands of the grower

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Burners are cheaper but there is issues with contamination of product and many commercial growers found that out the hard way, not being allowed to sell the product because it failed testing

A bad burner can easily enduce ethylene poisoning although ibuave rarely ever seen it, it does happen.

Worker safety can also be a concern as they produce carbon monoxide also so if using burners you really must use periodic venting

Its a toss up in whats more efficient or cost effective when all is considered. But id harzard a guess that propane is cheaper even if you need to vent periodically through the day or at least once a day preferably at night.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that it depends on the color of the flame when burning propane. I think if it's all blue it's exhaust gas is primarily CO2 and if it's got orange/red flame it's putting out more CO and other bad stuff. I'm not a chemist or physicist or anything but that's how I understand it. For instance, if my old lady is cookin' up a big meal and has all the gas burners on the stove at full power, they tend to burn more orange flame, and every time she does this, it sets off the CO alarm. But it doesn't happen when she's cooking at lower heat. Idk. Just an example I guess. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this subject can enlighten us?

Top Bottom