What am I doing wrong

• Thread starter Dabward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabward

Dabward

I'm dumb .. I also tried searching Google play. Couldn't find it. So I checked it's just a bookmarked link on my homescreen. . Which explains why the notifications go to my email.. sorry bro..

Screenshot 20210812 111449 One UI Home
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Plants look much happier, that's great to see.
Now the hard part is stepping back and letting them grow lol. Probably won't need water again for at least 3 or 4 days, possibly longer. Wait until those pots are very dry, then when they're ready for more hit them with a half strength feed and give them a bit more light, they'll go berserk.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also for reference, a 3 Gallon pot of promix if dried out properly, should require about 1 gallon of nutrient solution to reach and slightly exceeed field capacity, which just means that its holding all the water it possibly can and now some starts draining out the bottom.

Dabward

Dabward

Hold the phone. Is this AF flowering after I think day 17 since it sprouted.. Ive never done AFs before . Would the combo of the transplant/ nutrient def. Force it to flower earlier ?

20210812 185210
20210812 185202
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

@Dabward here is some watering info for you to read. It explains a lot.

Dabward

Dabward

@Dabward here is some watering info for you to read. It explains a lot.

Thank you thank you.. I'll need to read through this a 2nd and 3rd and probably 4th time.. Great stuff. I get way more out of aquamans posts than I do any one of the books I've read. I vaguely remember making the same watering mistakes my first grow in 2005. Since my last grown in 2015 I have clearly forgottena lot.. been so caught up in the advancements in the tech I slacked on the fundamentals.. Shit happens.. Luckily I've got years of legal growing ahead of me!!!! Resources like This community and you good folks are priceless ! So again thank you

Dabward

Dabward

Doesn't look like it's flowering to me. But those young leaves look a little suspect.
Is this plant suspext.. or am I a suspect in it's murdered? fed it exactly the same thing I gave to all 4.. the other 3 including the fem GC are thriving.. BUT that NL AF I think I murdered it.. used 1 gal RO water with 3ml of advanced nutrients connoisseur Grow A+b 3ml of calmag and 3 ml of hyshield wednesday.. wasn't planning on watering again until atleast this Wednesday solid 7. Atleast... ive never seen growth like that

20210815 174814
20210815 174752
20210815 135441
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Is this plant suspext.. or am I a suspect in it's murdered? fed it exactly the same thing I gave to all 4.. the other 3 including the fem GC are thriving.. BUT that NL AF I think I murdered it.. used 1 gal RO water with 3ml of advanced nutrients connoisseur Grow A+b 3ml of calmag and 3 ml of hyshield wednesday.. wasn't planning on watering again until atleast this Wednesday solid 7. Atleast... ive never seen growth like that
Things like this are tricky to diagnose. If you had a lot more plants I'd easily say its likely a genetic "ugly duckling" due to the population of the control group. I'm still leaning in that direction but it could also be from the ph being off kilter from the distilled feeding.

I wouldn't do much of anything until the soil dries up a bit, other than possibly do a slurry test for ph and ppm if you have meters. If you don't, you really should..

Next time you water just keep doing things correctly, keeping the feed ppm and ph in the right range, water to a bit of runoff and it'll either come around, or it'll stay handicapped.
For sure if you have meters you should test the runoff ppm and ph next watering too.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the bad one has been stunted for life now. you can keep her healthy still and get something in the end.
it was your watering practices that caused this..

Dabward

Dabward

Things like this are tricky to diagnose. If you had a lot more plants I'd easily say its likely a genetic "ugly duckling" due to the population of the control group. I'm still leaning in that direction but it could also be from the ph being off kilter from the distilled feeding.

I wouldn't do much of anything until the soil dries up a bit, other than possibly do a slurry test for ph and ppm if you have meters. If you don't, you really should..

Next time you water just keep doing things correctly, keeping the feed ppm and ph in the right range, water to a bit of runoff and it'll either come around, or it'll stay handicapped.
For sure if you have meters you should test the runoff ppm and ph next watering too.
Definetly not watering again until they droop Yeah I've got a dry soil ph and digital ph tds meters.. connoisseur is "ph perfect" doesn't matter what I add to it. Comes out to 5.9 5.85. I did still check every gallon regardless b4 feeding.. I'm also leaning towards genetics. I had given another seed same line to a friend to put outdoors. And it is also struggling.. not like this.. but slow growing it was the first to sprout.. but then immediately showed weakness compared to the rest. Just slow .

Dabward

Dabward

the bad one has been stunted for life now. you can keep her healthy still and get something in the end.
it was your watering practices
User error for sure.. if it was one of the fems. I wouldn't care so much.. but being 1 of the AF it messes up my desired schedule of harvesting 2 AFs come October and then 2 fems for xmas.. but now I'll have 1 AF for Halloween 1 for Thanksgiving (started a wipeout from heavyweights AF on Thursday when I first saw this start) and then my 2 fems for xmas!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
User error for sure.. if it was one of the fems. I wouldn't care so much.. but being 1 of the AF it messes up my desired schedule of harvesting 2 AFs come October and then 2 fems for xmas.. but now I'll have 1 AF for Halloween 1 for Thanksgiving (started a wipeout from heavyweights AF on Thursday when I first saw this start) and then my 2 fems for xmas!
oh it happens to me too sometimes,

Dabward

Dabward

Happens to anyone that grows long enough I think.
So I just picked up the soil meter with the probes.. its reading all these plants at high 7 Just used it for the firsttime.. just shy of 8.0. The fudge did that happen.. . Are these things reliable? I've got the 4.00 and 9.18 6.86 solutions for calibrating the digital ph meter.. can I dip it in one of those to test?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So I just picked up the soil meter with the probes.. its reading all these plants at high 7 Just used it for the firsttime.. just shy of 8.0. The fudge did that happen.. . Are these things reliable? I've got the 4.00 and 9.18 6.86 solutions for calibrating the digital ph meter.. can I dip it in one of those to test?
Do you still have some distilled water? If so gingerly scoop 2 gently packed Tbsp of soil out of the pot and mix it with 4 Tbsp distilled water and let it sit for 20 min or so, stirring here and there. Then use a calibrated digital meter and stick it in the slurry to get a reading.
What tools exactly do you have to work with?

Dabward

Dabward

Do you still have some distilled water? If so gingerly scoop 2 gently packed Tbsp of soil out of the pot and mix it with 4 Tbsp distilled water and let it sit for 20 min or so, stirring here and there. Then use a calibrated digital meter and stick it in the slurry to get a reading.
These 2.. If I have any distilled left I will try that out..I I added 1 drop of ph up to the distilled when I did it.. so ill do that again if I have a whole gallon.. try to recreate my fumbles..

20210815 205741
Dabward

Dabward

Or wait wait.. im adding distilled because it will balance out to whatever the medium is and then I can read accurately with the digital.. I was way off

Top Bottom