What Am I Doing Wrong?

• Thread starter Kalikush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kalikush

Kalikush

If your town has a home depot youre lucky, my nearest lowes or depot is almost two hours away.
I live in the not so friendly midwest where they can still lock you up and take away your kids for using natural medicine.

Such a shame it has to be this way. Come out west mate, it's crazy how much different it is out here.

justiceman

justiceman

Such a shame it has to be this way. Come out west mate, it's crazy how much different it is out here.
Such BS to have to deal with getting your family taken from you :mad:. It is definitely much different out west.

Kalikush

Kalikush

I'm running a couple tests with 1 gallon of my starter mix. I'm adding pure peat and I think at about 2QT and 1.25QT per gallon it will bring the pH down to 6.5/6.6 and 6.3 respectively.

How accurate are these readings going to be so quickly after adding the peat? How much is it likely to change in the coming weeks as the peat gets worn in?

Can I add that amount of pure peat(maybe mixed with aeration at 50/50) and topdress my 1 gallon pots with it to achieve the pH reduction in looking for?

I've been watering with my nuts solution at pH 5.4-5.8 and have been getting runoff of 6.7-6.9. How low can I pH my starting solution before it will harm the plants when watering?

I've gotta save this soil, it's looks really nice actually and is loaded with organics! I got a small pag of pumice and I'm picking up some crushed lava rock tomorrow. I'll mix in an equal amount of aeration Pumice50/50Lava and an equal amount of EWC50/50Malibu Compost before trying to work out some amendments while leaving the OSF out this time and hope for the best!

Top Bottom