what are all you basement growers doing now that big biz moved in?

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

STILL have droughts in August for most people. Some folks are finally figuring out something called environmental control.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Have not had to deal with that issue for awhile now and I actually know what i'm smoking and the name and what ailments it will help and that is was grown organically with out any pesticides or in a large mexican field , and that is a crime right ;)

I

igrowheadband

in colorado who will a rec legal or med legal dispensary still buy ur extra meds?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

in colorado who will a rec legal or med legal dispensary still buy ur extra meds?
Hello New Farmer. Here is your answer. (No offense intendid, welcome)
http://bit.ly/1ltX3UH

'The grows — or cultivation facilities, in state officials' terms — are what supply marijuana to the businesses. Unlike in the world of Doonesbury, people off the street can't just sell weed to licensed stores.'

No, you can't sell your overage to a MMC/dispensary or to recreational shops. So, private or basement growers can't legally sell their product to stores, hence the traffic on craigslist. If you want to be a caregiver, and grow for 5 patients, here is a helpful link.

However, there is language in A64 that recreational growers can keep more than their maximum possession limits, as long as the 'overage' stays at the same place as where the plants are grown. Medical patients still must be under their weight limits, which usually means everyone is breaking the law during harvest.

I am just a patient, and if you are looking to sell your overage/product, be careful. I think it's pretty difficult to make a living by growing, although I could be totally wrong and I'm happy to be corrected if I am mistaken on something.

Or, just hash your overage via dry ice extraction, that will solve your overage problems and your sugar leaf/trim disposal issues.

Good luck.

3grambowl

I've been to colorado a few times this last year, and I don't understand what people mean by you can't make money growing.
3k- avg 4.5 lb (way more if mono crop, actual want to make money style) every 60 ish days
6 crops a year @ 4.5 lbs, 27#
27# @ 2500 a piece (lets for it if you grow shit the only reason you do sell it is cause your in an illegal state and people take what they can get)
27x2500 - 62,500 a year no tax.
Overhead for 3k w/ 1k veg
60kwh a day
Fans/ac/such - 36kwh a day
@.21c a kWh (avg colorado)
604$ a month electricity x 12 mos - 7200
Incorporate new equip, bulbs, feed, etc, you're still over 50k a year w 3 lights.
everyone thinks is a "weed" so try can just grow, like once they mentally commit to growing they imagine top shelf og with they 90 degree spider mite tents.
Someone show me a job anywhere without a degree that starts at 70k, cause that will be equal to job taxes 50 all day, and being your own boss and pickin your ass whenever you got an itch.
A lot of people crop maybe 3-4 times a year, as waste so much downtime. My thought has always been the space and time you have the space is more important than anything, electricity or all that.

3gb

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Rent, equipment, labor, InciDeNtals... (for starters)

What's keeping you back? Startup cash?

3grambowl

Nothing! Got all my equip already, have a spot for 1100 a mo w a basement and fenced backyard, homeowner is chill w it all, hot tub shows up Thursday!
Sure as hell beats Bakersfield aka armpit of california, but sucks cause I guess I can only have 30 max here, 24 med and 6 for rec, so half that flowering. My county is 30 too, so it should be fun

KrokoDealer

KrokoDealer

hanging up the lights when recreational prices are outrageous? If anything big biz will drive people to grow their own imo. Fuck these capitalists. Not a fan of dispensary weed but hope someone undercuts the fuck out of these pricks and bleeds the greed out of "big biz."

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
@3grambowl watchout with your numbers there- I doubt piggies will let you get away combining your med numbers with rec numbers. Aren't landlords always chill to start?

3grambowl

I personally know him. And as far as the piggies I know the law, if they need to be educated about their own jobs so be it. But I have zero tension thinking about what I'm doing. I have recs, I've paid the state for taxes, not stressing or going to livey life by someone else's dime. Thanks though!

Not to mention the grows I see here with ridiculously more than fed level, to stress on me, ain't nobody got time for dat!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I've been to colorado a few times this last year, and I don't understand what people mean by you can't make money growing.
3k- avg 4.5 lb (way more if mono crop, actual want to make money style) every 60 ish days
6 crops a year @ 4.5 lbs, 27#
27# @ 2500 a piece (lets for it if you grow shit the only reason you do sell it is cause your in an illegal state and people take what they can get)
27x2500 - 62,500 a year no tax.
Overhead for 3k w/ 1k veg
60kwh a day
Fans/ac/such - 36kwh a day
@.21c a kWh (avg colorado)
604$ a month electricity x 12 mos - 7200
Incorporate new equip, bulbs, feed, etc, you're still over 50k a year w 3 lights.
everyone thinks is a "weed" so try can just grow, like once they mentally commit to growing they imagine top shelf og with they 90 degree spider mite tents.
Someone show me a job anywhere without a degree that starts at 70k, cause that will be equal to job taxes 50 all day, and being your own boss and pickin your ass whenever you got an itch.
A lot of people crop maybe 3-4 times a year, as waste so much downtime. My thought has always been the space and time you have the space is more important than anything, electricity or all that.

3gb
Oh.

Since you can't sell your overage to MMC's, and you can't sell more than an ounce to recreational folks, what do you intend to do with 27 pounds of pot? Store it in bags in a 55g drum? I could be wrong but I don't think there is enough reward for the risk of selling on the black market, and I don't think your stuff is worth $2500 on the black market either. Are you really planning on entering the game expecting to move that kind of weight from the start? I hope you have your network set up.

If that is your strategy then good luck, but I don't think the owners of this site want folks discussing possibly illegal situations. Again, I'm no big dog in the biz, but you aren't selling that 27 pounds an ounce at a time are you? That's 432 ounces. Even if you sell 2 ounces a day you still spend most of your time dealing your product.

If your strategy is to sell on the black market, good luck. Come for vacation, leave on probation. That's going to be Colorado's new slogan.

So again I ask you, who is going to buy your 27 pounds of product at $2500? I remember someone here posting that they get $3k for his strain 'girl scout cookies'. I think the market is flooded with growers like yourself, who are a little late to the game. Most of the loopholes have been taken care of, but there are still people here selling both legally as off-site grows or illegally on the black market. Either way I hope you understand the risks.

Also, your first paragraph. Hire an attorney and see their reaction to your grand scheme. I don't like your chances, but welcome anyway.

Good luck.

3grambowl

Well 27 ps throughout the course of a year not at once. Plus shatter edibles all that, u think you're being negative. The best nugs are what sells. Bottom line.
You don't even know what my stuff is how in the hell can you know what it's worth? Lmao really?
Have gorilla glue, ogs, cookies and a few bigger yielders. I'll take your friends network if they want some good nugs ;-)
Network ready. You're trying to twist my words so you can reply, not into those kind of debates. I voiced my opinion on why the big dudes can never outdo a better quality grow. Don't worry about my math, I double check my work.
I haven't spoken anything true or illegal so all my assumptions and evaluations are hypothetical. Hence perfectly suitable for a weed growing site. Thanks for your semi whistle blower tattle take concern though. Peace

3gb

Edit- just so you know I didn't just move here or anything been here since '98 lmao just flip back and forth, don't need to tell me about my own rodeo.

Last edited:
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Well 27 ps throughout the course of a year not at once. Plus shatter edibles all that, u think you're being negative. The best nugs are what sells. Bottom line.
You don't even know what my stuff is how in the hell can you know what it's worth? Lmao really?
Have gorilla glue, ogs, cookies and a few bigger yielders. I'll take your friends network if they want some good nugs ;-)
Network ready. You're trying to twist my words so you can reply, not into those kind of debates. I voiced my opinion on why the big dudes can never outdo a better quality grow. Don't worry about my math, I double check my work.
I haven't spoken anything true or illegal so all my assumptions and evaluations are hypothetical. Hence perfectly suitable for a weed growing site. Thanks for your semi whistle blower tattle take concern though. Peace

3gb

Edit- just so you know I didn't just move here or anything been here since '98 lmao just flip back and forth, don't need to tell me about my own rodeo.
Calm down guy. I don't know you or anything about you. I apologize if you feel that I judged you on your post, which is what I was addressing. I don't know anything about you except that I think the numbers you use are too high. I don't know many people who are willing to both buy weight, and pay that much. Of course your mileage may vary and your stuff might be worth that price, but in my limited experience about moving serious weight, elbows aren't worth what they used to be. You are right in that I don't know what you grow, which is why I was making a more generalized statement. You aren't the first to make a 'coming to colorado' or whatever post, so most regulars are of the opinion that it's a lot harder to do business now as opposed to 5 years about when your plant count was only as limited as the number of people you can convince to sign you up as a caregiver. It's very difficult to make a living growing and selling pot in Colorado, unless you already have a network, or other advantage. Respectfully, you aren't the first person to post what you did. Like I said, good luck. I think it's great that a lot of growers are moving here. Whether or not you can make a living is a different topic.

'semi whistle blower tattle'? Really? I was just trying to help, people have been banned for less, Richard. You don't have to huff and puff and show us how much of a badass you are. I'm sure we'll be seeing our market share go down when your shit hits the street. Can't wait. I'm pretty sure we are discussing the same general idea, and there isn't much else to be said, and I don't care to get into an e-pissing match so I will bow out now.

Top Bottom