what are all you basement growers doing now that big biz moved in?

• Thread starter fadetoblack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I personally know him. And as far as the piggies I know the law, if they need to be educated about their own jobs so be it. But I have zero tension thinking about what I'm doing. I have recs, I've paid the state for taxes, not stressing or going to livey life by someone else's dime. Thanks though!

Not to mention the grows I see here with ridiculously more than fed level, to stress on me, ain't nobody got time for dat!

Don't think your so safe...
For one cultivating for distribution like your plan still is illegal for home growers medical or not...
not everyone smokes pot or is in favor of, lots are just waiting for a reason to bust you and collect from court costs attorneys etc.....
The big dudes got the market locked up...
If you have been here since 98 why blow it up now???
Better have a good attorney on retainer because even if following the law they can bust you and let the courts and your attorney fight it out...ca ching$$$$$$$
I even am stressed with my personal grow of a few plants.....
What about all that income and no reporting to IRS???????
We got too many pot stars already...
Good luck hope you don't find out the hard way what's really up....chuckkk....

3grambowl

Nother hater. Thanks dude the big dudes do not have the market on lock only to women in their 40s that shop on lunch breaks. None if the people I know hit the big markets. And before I signed up I heard you sing the different tube of friends pay 200/o to everyone and it's fair, so in your hand it's good anyone else's no? Psch get real bro

3grambowl

Don't think your so safe...
For one cultivating for distribution like your plan still is illegal for home growers medical or not...
not everyone smokes pot or is in favor of, lots are just waiting for a reason to bust you and collect from court costs attorneys etc.....
The big dudes got the market locked up...
If you have been here since 98 why blow it up now???
Better have a good attorney on retainer because even if following the law they can bust you and let the courts and your attorney fight it out...ca ching$$$$$$$
I even am stressed with my personal grow of a few plants.....
What about all that income and no reporting to IRS???????
We got too many pot stars already...
Good luck hope you don't find out the hard way what's really up....chuckkk....
So with what you said and have said, do you report your 200/oz to the irs??:rolleyes:

K

kolah

The market is still open but to go big you need lots of working capital. If that's your dream, go for it. Avoid the naysayers and hang out with the people who are doing it successfully. When I ran a chiropractic office I encountered the same situations...disgruntled chiros with bad attitudes and their shitty businesses and then there was the other chiros with positive mindsets and making a killing. I stayed far away form the haters and losers and hung out with the successful ones.

Running a legit biz in the MJ/MMJ market is a huge responsibility from so many different angles. For more specifics read many of the comments from experienced guys like Texaskid.

IMO staying underground is the way to go, it's still profitable and MJ is not only a good cash generator but great for trading and bartering. You also have the option to focus in on growing CBD strains and this is opening up a entirely new and different market.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So with what you said and have said, do you report your 200/oz to the irs??:rolleyes:
200 zips are a thing of the past...
I donate lots of extra to a network of MS patients who really appreciate quality and not having to pay for something that makes them feel better.
We live below poverty level income wise as living the farm dream is not about money or success.
We have not paid income or state taxes for several years and it's all legit as we re invest profits and it's all written off.
We have paid our dues over the years I assure you...
So the answer appears to be no, no taxes, no 200 $ zips....
If friends want a sack, they contribute what they think is fair and are happy as clams...
Small and simple...Easy.
Do not need to make my livin off a weed...
But go for it, good luck, not hatin, just watching the world turn round....

Last edited:
B

bckwht

And as far as the piggies I know the law, if they need to be educated about their own jobs so be it.

im not being a hater but you may want to leave that part to a lawyer…I've been hearing that shit since middle school "cops can't search without etc..they can't do this or that without etc.." and to this day I've never once seen it work.. except on youtube

3grambowl

Cause 90% I people that get pulled over just lit up or have it in their glovebox. There are right ways and wrong ways of doing things, but lumping all people bud related in the same field is ludacris... Or assuming they all have the same intentions or brain capacity.

3gb

B

bckwht

I'm not so much speaking about doing things the right and wrong way..try telling a complete stranger how to do there job properly and see the reaction you get..especially law enforcement which will laugh right in your face..be as professional as you want but it all depends on that cop…they can and will lie outright just to make your night harder. in the end you are just a dude selling weed to the feds..medical cards n shit don't mean squat. I think you can def do what you speak of but don't rely on that false sense of security provided by the med cards. Id just pick my battles wisely if the LEO gets involved at any time..hopefully you never have to deal with them and shit goes smooth. good luck

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
These folks were compliant on both med and rec.
A real mess here.
Cops lied about amount of meds seized which was also stems branches of way early harvested barley y manicured out door crop that they struggled to grow.
at most seized was no more than 8 pounds which they were going to make Simpson's oil,,,
I know these folks and what they were doing and there's no way they intended to distribute nor would the end product be worth distribution.
She very sick legit., cops don't give a shit....
going to trial....
If it can happen to a very sick person it can happen to any of us.....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Its always surprising to me when i hear the reaction of some folks in colorado, when someone says anything about moving there and possibly growing even though they all are doing it too,not sure i get that.I could see big cash croppers or big canna being pissed about it cutting into their profits but too bad ,welcome to the REAL business world where you have to COMPETE for market share,lol.Imean really wouldnt you rather have a locally grown crop?I see alot of bitching about cali weed being imported to colorado in this forum so there still must be alot of demand that cant be met or that would not be the case right?What do you have against a fellow MJ growing enthusiast doing his thing however he sees fit?I thought colorado was all about personal freedoms.The whole bullshit argument about cops or being legal etc etc is a joke so dont even use it,NONE OF IT IS LEGAL period and never will be until federally changed.Are you pissed because your afraid your going to lose money or do you just not want any outsiders in your state?What scares you so much about growers/people moving to your state?Just trying to wrap my head around it.

K

kolah

I don't get it either, FW. I guess CO is only open to "Natives"...lol.

I welcome anyone to come to CO, the more pot- friendly peeps the better things will be.

Its always surprising to me when i hear the reaction of some folks in colorado, when someone says anything about moving there and possibly growing even though they all are doing it too,not sure i get that.I could see big cash croppers or big canna being pissed about it cutting into their profits but too bad ,welcome to the REAL business world where you have to COMPETE for market share,lol.Imean really wouldnt you rather have a locally grown crop?I see alot of bitching about cali weed being imported to colorado in this forum so there still must be alot of demand that cant be met or that would not be the case right?What do you have against a fellow MJ growing enthusiast doing his thing however he sees fit?I thought colorado was all about personal freedoms.The whole bullshit argument about cops or being legal etc etc is a joke so dont even use it,NONE OF IT IS LEGAL period and never will be until federally changed.Are you pissed because your afraid your going to lose money or do you just not want any outsiders in your state?What scares you so much about growers/people moving to your state?Just trying to wrap my head around it.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter

For many years lots of folks took the risk.
I have never depended on it to make a living, more like a hobby but I still sweated it out, worried about getting busted, ripped, lots can happen even with just a few plants.
Many times I threw it all out worried about getting in trouble after hearing rumors...
so many others took a huge risk, some got nailed and paid the price, many are still locked up for cultivating.
So when newbies brag about blowing it up and making tons of$$$ it rubs some the wrong way to have some Johhny come lately come in and so to speak step on the toes of those who have paid their dues, taking the risk during the real dangerous times, now all of a sudden everybody thinks they can cash in and it may or may not be too late, it just rubs the old timers who have paid the price to get where we are today.
so I can see how and why some would be upset about the new comers...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been to colorado a few times this last year, and I don't understand what people mean by you can't make money growing.
3k- avg 4.5 lb (way more if mono crop, actual want to make money style) every 60 ish days
6 crops a year @ 4.5 lbs, 27#
27# @ 2500 a piece (lets for it if you grow shit the only reason you do sell it is cause your in an illegal state and people take what they can get)
27x2500 - 62,500 a year no tax.
Overhead for 3k w/ 1k veg
60kwh a day
Fans/ac/such - 36kwh a day
@.21c a kWh (avg colorado)
604$ a month electricity x 12 mos - 7200
Incorporate new equip, bulbs, feed, etc, you're still over 50k a year w 3 lights.
everyone thinks is a "weed" so try can just grow, like once they mentally commit to growing they imagine top shelf og with they 90 degree spider mite tents.
Someone show me a job anywhere without a degree that starts at 70k, cause that will be equal to job taxes 50 all day, and being your own boss and pickin your ass whenever you got an itch.
A lot of people crop maybe 3-4 times a year, as waste so much downtime. My thought has always been the space and time you have the space is more important than anything, electricity or all that.

3gb

If that's your dream go for it, just take account all the possibilities, weigh the risks and rewards..
IMO the way things are set up it will be a challenge to make it work and stay out of trouble..
No skin off my back, hope it works.. again good luck chuck..

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
its no small feat making it work and staying out of trouble. Well put, premium farmer...

Yeah bro- don't come swinging your dick around here in the same sentence as paying 1100 rent on a basement apt. We've all been there. Not all of us had that 17 yr old attitude. I get what he's saying. Nope, not jumping down your throat either.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

For many years lots of folks took the risk.
I have never depended on it to make a living, more like a hobby but I still sweated it out, worried about getting busted, ripped, lots can happen even with just a few plants
Many times I threw it all out worried about getting in trouble after hearing rumors...
so many others took a huge risk, some got nailed and paid the price, many are still locked up for cultivating.
So when newbies brag about blowing it up and making tons of$$$ it rubs some the wrong way to have some Johhny come lately come in and so to speak step on the toes of those who have paid their dues, taking the risk during the real dangerous times, now all of a sudden everybody thinks they can cash in and it may or may not be too late, it just rubs the old timers who have paid the price to get where we are today.
so I can see how and why some would be upset about the new comers...

LOL,you dont have to tell me about the worries of growing,ive been having them well over 30 years now and still do but i dont see how that has anything to do with this guy growing in colorado.Fuck the oldtimers too,no one owes them anything,who will grow for them when they cant anymore?Does the art of growing good cannabis just die with them?We need as many growers as possible the way i see it and the better they are at it the happier i will be,No one owns the right to this plant.I personally hope everyone blows it up no matter where they choose to live and whatever they do with it after that is their personal choice.

3grambowl

Fish, I commend you bro. Rare fish around these parts. It seems encouragement comes only to the miserable and those with followings around here. I'm not phased.

Take care bro! Everyone else, my nugs > your nugs. Lmao

3gb

Top Bottom