What are the best bulbs!?

• Thread starter januaryfirst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

januaryfirst

I am confused on what the best hPS bulbs are. The guy at the hydro store doing his job says eye hortilux super hps bulbs are not worth the money and is trying to sell me a no name german one for $100 bucks. Have friends who swear by the eye's but they cost $170..... :confused0054: Not sure what to buy. Any suggestions?

S

SSHZ

What kind of ballasts are u using? That makes all the difference......

hiboy

hiboy

I like the Hortilux eye .But when i replace them i would go with dual arc. Figure in 250-300 area. Both red and blue spectrum ,,, no need to change from veg to flower.
awesome
hiboy

M

MIway

I am confused on what the best hPS bulbs are. The guy at the hydro store doing his job says eye hortilux super hps bulbs are not worth the money and is trying to sell me a no name german one for $100 bucks. Have friends who swear by the eye's but they cost $170..... :confused0054: Not sure what to buy. Any suggestions?

Think you should change hydro shops... horti super hps is 130 full retail...???

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey what up jf? you could buy two bulbs for that price off of amazon.i just paid $85 for the eye super hortilux 1000 w hps, and $ 86.50 for a 1000 w mh also the eye super hortilux. that hydro shop your dealing with obviusly isnt out to help anyone but themselves. good luck peacentreez

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I like the 100w lumatek hps here the best bulbs in the maket if your using a digi ballast and I love them fuck I have 4 1000 and 6 600 all using lumatek hps highest par rating avalible way better the pos Capp digilux and they rock in vegg and flower but if u want a really good vegg bulb I'd go with the ushio super mh there bad ass also ushio and lumatek are my picks both rock

M

MTgrower

I like Phantom ballasts and Sun Pulse lights. I stopped using HPS and I've never looked back.

T

TacomaComa

I tried the sunpulse and went right back to hps. had a few friends try the whole lineup they recommend and they went back to hps also.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I've tried a couple but I like the horti 1k the best. Ushio were good to me as well.

S

SSHZ

I too use Sun-Pulse for my digital ballasts...... use to only use Hortilux but had a couple stop working quickly with my digital ballasts.

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

I like ceramic metal halide bulbs.
They have a very full spectrum and can be used for both veg & flower.

M

MIway

I like ceramic metal halide bulbs.
They have a very full spectrum and can be used for both veg & flower.

If ya want a super white start to finish bulb in a 1K... look hard at the Horti Blues... fills the PAR curve like no other bulb out there. Peace

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I switched from hortilux eye to digilux and the digilux are definately brighter. I have to keep the lights higher with the digilux than I did with the hortilux. I have never tried the hortilux dual arc or Ushio though and I have been considering Ushios. and yeah your shop is ripping you off. I buy hortilux eyes for 85 bucks from my grow shop and the digiluxs are about 110. I have heard 2 cases of digiluxs blowing prematurly so I am leaning toward ushios next round. I use digital ballast too so I am sure that will matter in your descision.

R

Randyb

I spoke with a tech from Lumatek a few months back about using Sun Pulse bulbs and he recommended staying clear of them and opted for Ushio bulbs when using the Lumatek 1000's. He thought they were a better option and Hortilux was jacking the price on their distributors. I've had great luck with Hort's but I know others who swear by Ushio's. I did like vegging under the Hort blue MH 1000. Great bulb, very expensive.

S

Shredder

I am running a 600 digilux MH for the first time, I pulled my 600 sun agro red sodium at 7 weeks in. ( great bulb btw) I just wanted to finish with a mh bulb. I think I may have doubled the trics in 3 days. I can't believe how much sugar they have, too soon to say it was the bulb, but damn, i have trics readily visible, the stalk, the head, all visible by the naked eye......shredder

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I use a Quantum 600w with a Ushio Hps and love it so far. I run them with a magnum 6" xxxl in a 5x5 tent. For veg I use a Eye Hort 400w MH with T5s. For bigger plants and moms I use a 400w hps with t8s. I'm seeing what an HPS will do for some moms. I'm liking this ballast as well. Like the fan feature to cool the ballast when it warms up.

Cheers,
Crom

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

If ya want a super white start to finish bulb in a 1K... look hard at the Horti Blues... fills the PAR curve like no other bulb out there. Peace

im burnin a blue, spectrum is the isht but lumen output is weak. my soloution is to keep the hood about 14" off my cannopy. gotta keep it cool tho. i need to step my game up n get some digi bulbs. so the concensus im getting is that sun pulse isnt all its cracked up to be, n im familiar with dh n their product rep. so ushio or did i see someone said lumatek?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have used sunmaster, ushio, horilux, solarmax, and digilux..In truth I saw no major difference in flower.. bulb for bulb..Digilux, and Horitlux seemed brightest(and best overall) with solarmax next brightest..I have digilux in 4 of 6 1000 watt reflectors right now, and since they are under 75 bucks online with shipping, and tax I will buy more later..You should be able to get any of the top tier companies bulbs for under 100(w/Ship and tax) online. If you have friends who own a hydro-store... support them, but ask then for wholesale plus 10%.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Just switched to CMH.
Omg
It's Incredible in veg!!!!!!
Can't recommend them enough.

Now to see how it does in flower vs the hortilix blue HPS.

One bulb to rule them all?
I'm hoping the UVB from the CMH will turn em white!

Top Bottom