What are the best organic nutrients that I can make or buy?

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bubblemang

The main reason that I don't use bat guano is for the reasons outlined by the Archipelago Bat Guano folks down in Tuscon, Arizona who are one of the largest importers of bat guano into the USA.

For container grows his own analysis of N•P•K on organic amendments (in general) was reason enough.

I think it's a good thing and it's good to see that they're following Oregon's lead on this issue - once again. ODA (Oregon Department of Agriculture) has gone after the grow store industry with impunity. Here's their most recent Stop Sale List which is published either monthly or bi-monthly.

Advanced Nutrients has really made an impression with this agency, eh?

LMAO

UP

will you just make/sell nutes already? you've got me as your first custy. ha! I need a liquid and predigested cal source using high quality humic, ryan at bioag said that's the hard part. also, some kind of bioavailable liquid SRP too. Thanks in advance ;). I'll try to think of some catchy branding for you, as that is my specialty lol...

I bring all my left over trim (from my hashing job) up to my friends "ranch" for composting. I was there when they turned it last time... and it smelled like ganja! Canna dominant compost? Any ideas on NPK for composted/hashed trim?

G

gooey

thanks for all the cool links everyone...crazy the shit these companys get over on most of the consumers...its all about image...not much substance in these many claims it seems...thanks again, peace

C

CT Guy

The main reason that I don't use bat guano is for the reasons outlined by the Archipelago Bat Guano folks down in Tuscon, Arizona who are one of the largest importers of bat guano into the USA.

For container grows his own analysis of N•P•K on organic amendments (in general) was reason enough.

I think it's a good thing and it's good to see that they're following Oregon's lead on this issue - once again. ODA (Oregon Department of Agriculture) has gone after the grow store industry with impunity. Here's their most recent Stop Sale List which is published either monthly or bi-monthly.

Advanced Nutrients has really made an impression with this agency, eh?

LMAO

UP

Wow, that's quite the list....saw DynaGro's Protekt on there for a mislabeling. Know anything more about that?

U

Udyana Peace

saw DynaGro's Protekt on there for a mislabeling. Know anything more about that?

CT

What it probably has to do with is what caught a few manufacturers off-guard in a change in what is required for mineral products (natural and not mixed) was that certain elements would not have to be listed, per se. Under the previous interpretation you would not have to list elemental Calcium content on Soft Rock Phosphate for example and now it must be shown.

In the case of products like Pro-TeKt the label only shows the Soluble Potash/Potassium levels, i.e. 3.7% and what wasn't/isn't shown is the actual Silica (Si) level - 7.8%

Under ODA rules a company in good standing like Dyna-Gro could have gotten an exemption under Section 12 which would allow them to deplete current inventory with the understanding that the next manufacturing cycle will have accurate labels. Again for companies in good standing.

As the current listing indicates, Section 12 exemptions probably won't help Advanced Nutrients in their 18 month battle with Oregon's monitors.

Tough crowd indeed.

UP

M

Mmmmasonite

Bubblemang

Humor me, okay? Why in the world would you think that I use bat guano or even seabird guano?

As in "Huh?"

Thanks!

BTW - once again, OMRI is not a certifying organization, i.e. it has absolutely no authority. Oregon Tilth is a certifying agency. Demeter is a certifying agency. CCOF is a certifying agency. All certifying agencies fall under USDA NOP (National Organic Program).

There's no 'gray area' or smoke & mirrors. Until you get into a nursery or worse - a grow store. That's where the games begin.

OMRI is a listing service as outlined in their charter (you can read at the OMRI web site). They also have one of the most lack-luster BOD you could assemble other than what the grow store industry would put together. Even FatBoy Mike at Advanced Nutrients wears a lab coat to give his presentations a little pizzaz.

If you read their own web site they state up front that their 'listings' are obtained (specifically) from Oregon & California's databases.

That would be fine if they stopped there but they don't - they 'list' crap that no other accredited group would touch and beyond that they're extortionists - the fee a company pays for the OMRI label on a bottle of gunk is determined by the gross annual sales for the manufacturer and not actual sales (real or projected) for a specific product.

Little tykes playing grown-up stuff and making money off of it to boot! YAY!

UP
Founded in 1997, the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) provides organic certifiers, growers, manufacturers, and suppliers an independent review of products intended for use in certified organic production, handling, and processing. OMRI is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. When companies apply, OMRI reviews their products against the National Organic Standards. Acceptable products are OMRI Listed® and appear on the OMRI Products List. OMRI also provides subscribers and certifiers guidance on the acceptability of various material inputs in general under the National Organic Program. OMRI was founded by organic certifiers and continues to serve certifiers and their clients with crucial information to ensure organic integrity.
Here is OMRI's page. http://www.omri.org/ ... I don't know ...they seem pretty legit to me.
They are non profit as well so i don't think they are after your money.
Could you link some proof for your statement.....If what you claim is true, then I want be able to tell people about it.....Hey, what about BIOBIZZ being certified by these guys as well?.....CU

Control Union Certifications (CU) inspects and certifies input products allowed to use in EU 2092/91 organic production/processing. CU issues for certified input products the input mark. The input certified products do not contain any chemical fertilizers or pesticides, chemical or synthetic flavours, colours or preservatives. Furthermore products that have been certified by CU as input may not contain any genetically modified organisms (GMO's). CU is the only inspection and certification organisation that may issue the certification mark, Input logo worldwide. The consumer can recognize an input product, inspected and certified by CU, by the Input logo.

CU has been accredited as an international inspection and certification organization for organic production worldwide.

Biobizz seems like the most legitimate organic nute out there. Worldwide certification....That seems pretty good to me.......Damn..What does a company have to do to make you believe that it is truly organic? Send you your own donkey that you can personally watch shit in ur garden? lol

U

Udyana Peace

They are non profit as well so i don't think they are after your money.
Could you link some proof for your statement.....If what you claim is true, then I want be able to tell people about it.....Hey, what about BIOBIZZ being certified by these guys as well?.....CU

From the OMRI page titled About Us
"OMRI's funding comes from a variety of sources, including sales of publications, grants, donations, and subscriptions. Mainly, however, the organization generates income through fees collected for the review of products intended for use in organic production or processing."

UP

C

critical

thanks for every1s input + additional info that might help you help me

thanks for every1s input and i appritiate every suggestion, also im very sorry as a few people stated i stupidly didnt really give enough info to what type is needed for what im doing, duhh lol,

but anyways hope this is enough info to help me produce the most perfect, prettyest, christlyest juicy girls i ever grew!

im using batmix soil with 3x 600w hps maxibrites spread over 15 critical mass grls that have just been fliped to 12/12 this monday in a 2.2m by 2m room thats also 2.2m tall.

hope this is enough info to help me, take care n take it easy peeps

true grit

true grit

No need for another thread- theres your info- other is deleted.

C

critical

k either way works for me true grit lol, didnt know as im new to all this forum stuff hehe but that aside do you have any new input now iv updated the info? id say some1 like you would be best to ask

B

Bubblemang

Biobizz seems like the most legitimate organic nute out there. Worldwide certification....That seems pretty good to me.......Damn..What does a company have to do to make you believe that it is truly organic? Send you your own donkey that you can personally watch shit in ur garden? lol
lol, don't get them started... hehe. and yes on the donkey poo but it has to be composted first imo...

I found bio canna gives way tastier buds than biobizz
double ha. it smells better raw too, like teriyaki.

B

Bubblemang

OMRI's funding comes from a variety of sources, including sales of publications, grants, donations, and subscriptions. Mainly, however, the organization generates income through fees collected for the review of products intended for use in organic production or processing.

UP

Isn't that how most non-profits operate? What does this prove is what I'm asking? Where would the funding come from otherwise? considering this isn't a state funded program but a private listing service.

I'm not saying their listing means anything, but I don't think it's so obviously nefarious (again, not saying omri isn't nefarious, just that your quote doesn't support the idea).

B

Buddy Hemphill

There is alot of discussion about the agencies that "rate" organics......

I think the method they use to arrive at their conclusions is what I question.

For a product to be labeled "organic", it doest have to be "free" of harnful chemicals. It has to fall within acceptable parameters. To the best of my understanding....the % of these chemicals must be UNDER a certain level to be classified organic.

I am speaking of food in the grocery, not neccesarily nutrients themselves. Perhaps the way nutrients are graded is different. But the word organic doesnt have anything to do with farming techniques, as far as these governmental rating agencies are concerned. Just levels of chemicals present.

So your apples MAY have DDT on them.....its just a "non-harmful" level.:worried

Is this the same method they use to qualify nutes as organic...or non?

M

Mmmmasonite

UP

I don't get it......you know u gotta pay to even get a mo ped license...Of course u gotta pay em to be listed...They still gotta pay the people that work for them...You think shit gets done for free....Not where I'm from....We are lucky enough in this country to have the luxury to pay people to make sure food and nutrients are organic...In some countries you just get a wink and a nod and cross ur fingers..lol..I think we may be over paranoid on this one.........Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Buddy, I'm sure it is. I can't remember if this is the thread where I went on my mini-rant about legal labeling requirements for transfatty acids or not, but ranted I have. Your body doesn't know the law, it just knows what you're putting into it, probably better than one who's feeding it does (speaking in general terms here).
thanks for every1s input and i appritiate every suggestion, also im very sorry as a few people stated i stupidly didnt really give enough info to what type is needed for what im doing, duhh lol,

but anyways hope this is enough info to help me produce the most perfect, prettyest, christlyest juicy girls i ever grew!

im using batmix soil with 3x 600w hps maxibrites spread over 15 critical mass grls that have just been fliped to 12/12 this monday in a 2.2m by 2m room thats also 2.2m tall.

hope this is enough info to help me, take care n take it easy peeps
Honestly, since you're so new, I would highly recommend Blue Mountain Organics. They have a full suite package for $25 that's got lots of goodies that your girls will love. Find 'em on eBay.

T

TreFarmer

damn that iguana juice is expensive. You would think they had to raise real iguanas and squeeze it out of them or soemthing!
Like "Girl Scout Cookies"! Look on the box next time, it says "Now contains 30% more Girl Scout in every box." :clapping:clapping:clapping:clapping Thanks... I'll be here all week!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dudes...
facepalm.gif

C

CT Guy

I don't get it......you know u gotta pay to even get a mo ped license...Of course u gotta pay em to be listed...They still gotta pay the people that work for them...You think shit gets done for free....Not where I'm from....We are lucky enough in this country to have the luxury to pay people to make sure food and nutrients are organic...In some countries you just get a wink and a nod and cross ur fingers..lol..I think we may be over paranoid on this one.........Peace

I can back UP on this one. What he's stated us true. However their rates for application and annual re-certification are exorbitant. They're standards are made up by themselves, and not as strict as WSDA or Oregon's program.

The idea of OMRI is great, but in practice it falls way short. They're not a good agency at all, and I would never certify my products with them.

C

critical

Buddy, I'm sure it is. I can't remember if this is the thread where I went on my mini-rant about legal labeling requirements for transfatty acids or not, but ranted I have. Your body doesn't know the law, it just knows what you're putting into it, probably better than one who's feeding it does (speaking in general terms here).

Honestly, since you're so new, I would highly recommend Blue Mountain Organics. They have a full suite package for $25 that's got lots of goodies that your girls will love. Find 'em on eBay.

thamks sm do they ship to uk?

Top Bottom