What are the best organic nutrients that I can make or buy?

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

headiemeddie420

"A soil that is too healthy is poor for plants because the soil organisms are consuming a huge portion of the nutrients you are adding, and also aggressively attacking the root system of the plant. "

this is simply not true- especially coming from someone who "has a masters in science" The microbes commonly found in the rhizosphere and its surroundings live in a SYMBIOTIC relationship and facilitate nitrogen immobilization/mineralization as well as a variety of other factors/ exchanges (CEC, proton pump actions etc). There is no such thing as the microbes consuming the plants nutrients. This is why when done correctly, pure non synthetic organics will out perform,conventional chemical ferts. The level of plant active macro/micro nutrients increases (thru increased chelation from organic amino acids and high levels of mineralization by bacterial and enzymatic processes), The key for yield as well as vigor and resistance is high bacterial and fungal development in the rhizosphere (as well as plant surfaces) which you simply cannot even come close to using synthetics.

Case in point- quit using stupid loopholes like organics are only"95 percent organics" to try to make it seem like organics are ineffective compared to chems or are somehow hype. who cares what the omri says. If you are a real farmer you will know what you are feeding your plants. Any real organic farmer myself included wont use ANY synthetics at all and take the time to research how their bulk ingredients or bottled nutes were made (including what if any chemicals were used in processeing/preservation)

Regardless of all your degrees it looks like you havent understood that putting petroleum derived ferts in our soil is neither natural nor sustainable nor effective when compared to organics done properly. I have done both side by side and worked with hundred of farmers who have personally noticed the superior yield and increased crop/soil life/micro/macrofauna- like worms (dont tell me they dont matter)/vigor, and increased resistance.

If you really have been growing for years and you didnt notice a difference between organics and synthetics you must have really not been doing it right :-) And i dont mean to bash you im just shocked at what you said coming from someone with so much experience in the field.

B

Buddy Hemphill

How do you test home made nutes to see what the elemental profile actually is?

Is there somewhere in Cali to take it?

I figure UCDavis would. But I have no idea where to start inquiring.

MediK8

MediK8

my 2 cents is... Organic ingredients = flavor, color, and natural genetic traits. Most of us do not live a 100% organic life and it is almost impossible to do so. I have grown with everything on the shelf and home made soils and what I have learned is that anything organic is safer and flavor comes from organic ingredients. So quit crying over .05% of your bottle being inorganic and just make sure that you try your best to include a wide range of organic base nutes and go from there... I also like Roots for a easy, safe, and cheap option.

lifted224

lifted224

Technaflora Pura Vida Grow and Bloom always worked well for me, I used them in brewing tea even before that when I was just mixing with water never had any problems.
Only reason I use Gen Organics BioThrive G+B instead of PV G+B now is the ready availability of it (and slight price break) but I liked the Pura Vida a lot more. I highly recommend the Gen Organics line to beginners or if you are starting from scratch and wanna keep it simple.
Speaking of OMRI listings... What ever happened to Botanicare's "Organicare" line? I used to mix pure Nitrogen, Cal and Mg from that line now all I can find are the granulars?
As far as others BioBizz BioHeaven is good, Roots Organics Ancient Amber, HP2 and HPK too.

ken dog

ken dog

Advanced Nutrients has a lot of different lines, and they do carry one organic line... The base is Iguana Juice.

To that, you can add Bud Candy organic, nirvana organic, Sensizyme organic, Big Bud organic.

You could also do the Connoisseur line of base nutrients, which has amino acids, Wet Betty organic and humic and fulvic acid... however, Connoisseur is not 100% organic.

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

I have used the roots organic dry line for three small indoor led grows, the grow, essential, and bloom also the elemental, 2 honey moon, and a white widow, also outdoor for two seasons, I must say I am very impressed, have used a few of the bottled products as well such as trinity, hpk, and grow, I normally tend to stick with general organics for bottled nutes, on a side note I have a buddy that uses and swears by iguana juice.....but mine always every time without fail is far and beyond his 600watt hps and iguana juice

Ecompost

Ecompost

Ayup, as an end consumer, we pretty much have nothing to go on.

This is TOTALLY reminding me of the transfat thing and government labeling requirements. If the total amount of transfat per serving is <.5g, then a product can legally be labeled as having zero transfats. But, here's the rub--try telling that to your body after you have serving after serving of a food that actually does have transfatty acids in it in amounts that add up to something rather significant. But hey! It's all legal!

So, now we're looking at labels for plant foods and the laws regarding labeling for those are even less rigorous. What does a body do? I have never once seen any notation or signs of certification by the other agencies mentioned, never heard of them, know nothing about them. And while this isn't my area of expertise, I've certainly done my best to become an educated consumer.

So, while they may be better, may have more meaning, being as how these orgs are, for all intents and purposes, completely unknown to the average consumer, that renders them currently meaningless.

Where lies the onus on learning of their existence--the consumer, or the agency/organization?
labeling by nature of the frameworks that govern them are extremely limiting for both consumers and producers. Some things we just cant say, despite years of observations and recorded experience. For example, if I have an organic product, eg comfrey FPJ, what can I legally say about it? Is it fertiliser? A Bio Stim? A Bio Control? In truth its all these things, if grown and prepared properly! Regulations would mean we have to focus on one of these three attributes. may be we just invent some biological incoulante, but we have to add kelp to it to call it a bio stim, even tho kelp might be surplus.

BTW, Bocking is Russian, not from the UK. I suspect you can buy it in the UK, but its Russian never the less.
EBIC as a framework here in Europe would prevent me from selling comfrey as a growth regulator and a bio control, but I tested my confrey, it has multiple types of nutrients, N, K, Ca, Mg, Fe, Cu, B, B12, Zn to name a few without going mad, it has Fulvic acid, it has billions of bacilus it has masses of trichoderma, it has the spores of insect controlling cordyceps, it has 15 L-AMINOs, but can I say that the Trichoderma is growth promoting while saying the cordycep is a bio control, or that the mititans controls white mold on my cabbages, no I cant, but it is true. If I want to sel it, I can say its a fertilser. This isnt true in my opinion, its so much more.

We cant even agree a nomenclature for microbes and fungus types, they change weekly. No one can define Organic to me with any sense of definition and security. Try selling a pork bone calphos, see how yo get on, is this organic?
Is it worth worrying about VOCs when we stand over the gas hob cooking without adequate ventilation, in homes tarted with paints and resins and glues?
I think it is, but I like to be able to track back on events to find out what went wrong.
Over my side, at Better OrganiX, we are pulling it apart, we are working to test the shit out of our source and the old mans tales from the shed about XYZ being the mutts for growing massive shizzle beans.
Organic is too often a stupid business too busy with its head up its own arse and gazzilion inputs of rare yeti hair in beluga oil tea bags, like bloody cyclists and religous nut bags. no one takes time to explain Organics, no one really bothered even finding out why xyz works un til very recently. Even Dumbledore would be ashamed at how little people did to advance his work.

If you want proper nutrients, from a real company that are here to answer questions, to offer advice and wont run off when shit gets tough, then come see us at Better OrganiX. All the toys mentioned above AO etc etc, are just that. Just because lots of peole use them, dont make them good, just makes them available and known.
SEO's aside, if you want real organics, then use what you can make if you dont have space or time, you can choose us, you wont be disappointed if you use it grow MJ or whatever you choose

Latest posts

Top Bottom