What are these leaves telling me?

• Thread starter oaktoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tommy626

Tommy626

Well, I looked at it under 10x and 120x (lowest my scope goes) and didn't see much of anything...looked all up and down the leaf, at the base where the pettiole meets the leaf on the picture you circled there...I saw a couple round things that maybe could've been eggs of some kind, but certainly nothing that looked like an infestation. maybe the infestation just isn't very big yet? I was looking at pix on the web of russet mites and those infestations look pretty intense and unmistakable...
Well that’s good news. Lol
I’m not saying you have a infestation. I haven’t experienced them myself to even know the difference. All my info came from literature so you know how that could be. “Opinions”
Maybe try looking where there doesn’t seem to be a lot of damage yet. Outdoor farmers say russets migrate plant to plant via the wind so maybe you could check plants that were in the same area. If it were me I would treat for it just to be safe before you get deep into flower

Tommy626

Tommy626

Help guys!! I posted this but no response on anther thread! My plants started doing this weird color of yellow on top while the bottom in nice and green!
Hard to tell what you got going on, what are you growing in?
If you think you have a problem, the very first thing you should do is check your pH at the root zone

Tommy626

Tommy626

Hey all,

I'm fairly new at this, first time post here...I grew a Harle Tsu mostly inside a couple years ago, with flowering outside on our deck. This year I've grown a Harle Tsu from seed outside in a container...It's hooting up nicely, but the leaves look odd. I've attached pix, anyone know what's going on? It's probably a month old? I haven't been feeding it anything fancy, just a 1-1-1 Dr. Earth fertilizer I have...I tried adding some epsom salts last feeding to see if it would help. Thanks for any info!
Informational video on mites

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

90% of the time you wont be able to find a russet even if theyre killing the plants. Theyre too damn small. You only see massive clumps of them when the population explodes.
What are these dirt? Got them everywhere! Range from 3 to 6 mm in length..first thought is leafhopper then phylloxera hope its not phylloxera..fuck!! Lol
20200924 121920
20200924 002714

brandonlongmire

brandonlongmire

Hard to tell what you got going on, what are you growing in?
If you think you have a problem, the very first thing you should do is check your pH at the root zone
I’m growing in soil

oaktoke

oaktoke

Thanks for all the mite resources! I finally got my loupe today, at 60x, and still couldn't find anything...looked all over leaves and stems, but nada. Sounds like maybe the infestation isn't that bad yet? I sprayed with spinosad anyway, and will do so for a little bit just in case...I also put some DR. Earth Acid Lovers in the pot too, in case it's the PH issue...I have a not super precise PH test, but it looks to me like it came out a shade under 7. I have a NaPali pink growing in the same spot outside that doesn't have the issue at all as far as I can tell, and it's about ready to harvest...it was in a better soil mix, mostly a 420 mix (can't remember the company)...so I guess I'll just spray for mites and bring the PH down a bit and see if anything helps?

oaktoke

oaktoke

Ok, I was able to sorta take pix through my new 60x scope...are those little white dots eggs or something?

20200930 143435
Tommy626

Tommy626

Ok, I was able to sorta take pix through my new 60x scope...are those little white dots eggs or something?
I can’t say for sure but it looks to me like I see a few live eggs and one egg that has seemed to be hatched

Tommy626

Tommy626

I can’t say for sure but it looks to me like I see a few live eggs and one egg that has seemed to be hatched
The best way to hunt broad mites is to take leaf samples randomly on plants(any leaves with curling edges also)take 10 samples place them face down immediately after clipping them bc broad mites are so tiny that any micro burst of air will blow them away. Their eggs are spotted easily distinguishable from any other egg. That is basically how broads are diagnosed before a infestation bc they are so hard to see. I’ll find a good picture for you. But that definitely looks to be some type of egg I just can’t see it on phone. It gets blurred when I enlarge

oaktoke

oaktoke

The best way to hunt broad mites is to take leaf samples randomly on plants(any leaves with curling edges also)take 10 samples place them face down immediately after clipping them bc broad mites are so tiny that any micro burst of air will blow them away. Their eggs are spotted easily distinguishable from any other egg. That is basically how broads are diagnosed before a infestation bc they are so hard to see. I’ll find a good picture for you. But that definitely looks to be some type of egg I just can’t see it on phone. It gets blurred when I enlarge

Oh dang...I was afraid of that...Are you thinking it might be broad instead of russet? I haven't seen any of the actual creatures yet, so can't say...

Tommy626

Tommy626

Oh dang...I was afraid of that...Are you thinking it might be broad instead of russet? I haven't seen any of the actual creatures yet, so can't say...
Dude I’ve seen 💯 % bro dead evidence of broads on my brothers plants and it took me 6 days to find crawling bugs. Unless you have a horrible infestation you’re probably not gonna find a bug ,just eggs

oaktoke

oaktoke

Ok, I caught something on camera! I actually got a video of it speeding around too, but couldn't upload for some reason...This seems to look somewhat like a russet mite in that its oblong, pale, some ribbing. But also, seems quite a bit larger? Pictures I've seen of russets have made it seem like they're closer to the size of those hairs...the shape of the head is a little different, and I think I see 6 legs rather than 4. What you think?

20201001 140032
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ok, I caught something on camera! I actually got a video of it speeding around too, but couldn't upload for some reason...This seems to look somewhat like a russet mite in that its oblong, pale, some ribbing. But also, seems quite a bit larger? Pictures I've seen of russets have made it seem like they're closer to the size of those hairs...the shape of the head is a little different, and I think I see 6 legs rather than 4. What you think?
I think that's a thrip
Screenshot 20201001 180520 Chrome
Screenshot 20201001 180457 Google

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Kill'em and quick, no fucking around!! You get a tospovirus and your yeilds will deminish 20 to 30%

Latest posts

Top Bottom