What are these leaves telling me?

• Thread starter oaktoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oaktoke

oaktoke

Oh jeez, that's exactly what it looks like! Sprayed again with Spinosad last night, will stay on em...glad to know what it is finally. Sounds like thrips might be a little more controllable than russet mites, though?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That's a thrip for sure but go back to page one of your thread op because you have mite damage, the thrips are incidental compared to what the mites are doing to your plants

oaktoke

oaktoke

Oh boy, I've got both! Well, it sounds like spinosad and neem works on both, so crossing my fingers...It's started to bud, sounds like not supposed to use neem and insecticidal soaps when flowering...recommendation for how treat once it's fully in flower?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Oh boy, I've got both! Well, it sounds like spinosad and neem works on both, so crossing my fingers...It's started to bud, sounds like not supposed to use neem and insecticidal soaps when flowering...recommendation for how treat once it's fully in flower?

Pure crop1 arbico organics...kills shit!! Kind of expensive though...but oh well...works great though

Jetdry88

Jetdry88

If you are worried about any chemicals getting into the flowers you can always try a milk and water solution. I know it works for some pests but is amazing for PM.
You could also do a hydrogen peroxide mix which will kill the thrips and their larva. It will also kill the mites but won't kill their eggs. So several doses would be required to control the issue.
The nice thing about the peroxide is it breaks down to just water very quickly which will leave no residue or by product on your flowers. But again means more doses.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Wow man, nice work with the camera. Wish I had the right stuff to get such close images, would help diagnosis for sure. Wishing you luck with the bug battle.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Dang, it looks pretty good. Thank you for the info oaktoke.

MattyC

MattyC

I've heard green cleaner. They say no residue will be left bc alcohol evaporates everything. I have a small infestation of the russets and thrips and it seems to be killing em but I'm in veg still. I will say i watched em under a scope and they wiggle in the green cleaner till they stopped. Took a few minutes but you are able to hit em everyday before lights out. I'll be heading over today to check em out and let ya know. To everyone looking for a good scope that records and takes pics of these mofos here is a link.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B084HJ44J5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

PICT0002
MattyC

MattyC

And good thing about green cleaner is I don't think they can become resistant to it. Good info here long watch but I've searched everything on the net about russets and mites in general.

oaktoke

oaktoke

Thanks! Super helpful info...what still confuses me about the russet mite possibility is that I still don't see any taco-ing of the leaves. And the new growth isn't all crumpled like he described...

MattyC

MattyC

Thanks! Super helpful info...what still confuses me about the russet mite possibility is that I still don't see any taco-ing of the leaves. And the new growth isn't all crumpled like he described...
Honestly it doesn't look like what I've seen to be mites.... I've found this site to be helpful in diagnosing this but I don't really see these symptoms on it...

MattyC

MattyC

Whatever you do be vigilant in looking bc just bc you don't see mite yet doesn't mean anything!! I scoped for a good 2 weeks before I found something. But now looking on the interwebs bumps usually mean mites... I didn't see that at all tho

MattyC

MattyC

Yeah I seen that too with a N def and toxicity on different plants, along with call mag def on some.... I thought it was me but after checking run ec and pH should have never happened. The reason I looked for mites I seen what the pic is showing. Looks like dried saliva on top of the leaf. After a week of spraying green cleaner, venerate cg, and sns 203 I think I have it under control. Only spotted 2 russets today no thrips and no other mites but gave em a break and hit em with DE.

IMG 20200929 171830491
oaktoke

oaktoke

Thanks everyone for the help...I did a few days of sprays and then also transplanted to some better soil (for PH purposes), and everything is improving...I don't know if it was the PH or Russets or Thrips, but something is working!

Top Bottom