What are you listening to right now?

• Thread starter ConceptOfSleep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1816 House

1816 House

Also met Vassar, made him dinner once pre show in Denver, I asked him a few years later if he remembered that dinner and he beamed how could I forget..fried chicked mashed taters, black eye peas, corn bread chocolate pie for desert...
Vassar was just the nicest guy. He'd give you the shirt off his back, no doubt.
I was at the Birchmere in Alexandria Va watching a show, and sat at his table (the band's table) Vassar was the guest star that night. . Didn't know that when I sat down ,and it turned out he knew my boss, a Henderson from W Va. who used to be in a family travelling Bluegrass Gospel band.
Two of the Henderson nephews and cousin were in the band at the Birchmere, and no one would let me buy a drink, I was like family. They just wanted to hear about Uncle Harry, tell stories about Harry, talk about the Gospel Band (the nephews and cousin were drafted into it for a while).

Oh, and @chickenman, I remembered something else about the Birchmere... The head Waitress there kept an eagle eye on that dumpster out back, she the one who dropped a dime to the cops on you! I had been warned many times about that, but thought I could get away with it , she looked busy...got done in the nick of time and she had already called the cops on me too. Marijuana was the Devil's work!

Top Bottom