What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.4%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 201 71.5%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Drying your buds to 62% air humidity is the easiest way I've found to get a guesstimate of when I've removed approximately 75 to 80 % of the moisture. Its approximately the same thing! Maybe if you remove 80% of the moisture of the original weight your bud is going to be too dry and you should have stopped at 75% or 76% by weight. And just maybe 62% air humidity is just perfect. Boveda and boost think 62 is a good place to be.

And please you keep saying air humidity isn't the same as bud moisture. Im well aware of that and i used an example of a hay moisture tester that doesn't measure the moisture of the hay but the area around it.

It’s dry when it’s dry. The 20-25% result was weighed after we decided the weed was fully dry. Not going by numbers but feel. When weed is jarred too early it is known in 6 hours when I always check for the first burp.

The fact that they aren’t all the same density and dry different times is why I don’t believe your method is very accurate. I can’t go by the humidity monitor in my dry closet.

sometimes some of the plants buds are dry and some are not yet but they would measure the same humidity over a basket.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

It’s dry when it’s dry. The 20-25% result was weighed after we decided the weed was fully dry. Not going by numbers but feel. When weed is jarred too early it is known in 6 hours when I always check for the first burp.

The fact that they aren’t all the same density and dry different times is why I don’t believe your method is very accurate. I can’t go by the humidity monitor in my dry closet.

sometimes some of the plants buds are dry and some are not yet but they would measure the same humidity over a basket.
Through in a hygrometer when your happy with your next batch to cure.

Id be interested to see where it is on the meter.

My bet is your not too dry and close to 62%

Anthem

Anthem

Actually quite the opposite. mmg was saying dry is a 70 to 75 % shrink, even in the good old days. Im saying mine was ready for cure at 62% air moisture. Basically almost exactly as his high of 75% .

I wet weighed this particular run just to see what my shrink was. Still have half sitting in vaults at 62%. Fairly dense nugs so it was exactly what @MIMedGrower said it should have been only i use a meter.

Edit just popped a lid View attachment 1113285
That Trim job would not fly in Cali if you want top dollar

Anthem

Anthem

I just got to love this thread and the path it has taken. I now have a better understanding of some of the weights people claim to pull. Wet weight, cure for 5 days and weigh before trim, it goes on. For the guys weight stuff any other way than final trimmed, fully cured weight welcome to the "Who Has The Biggest DICK Contest". Been at this long enough to know what is legit and not legit. Just needed to figure out how some get their outrages yields, now I know. I guess this run will be over 5 pounds a light if I part take in the contest.

growsince79

growsince79

I don't want to smoke weed that's dry in 5 days. If you need scissors to trim -its not dry

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Through in a hygrometer when your happy with your next batch to cure.

Id be interested to see where it is on the meter.

My bet is your not too dry and close to 62%

I am positive that the meter is highly affected by surrounding atmosphere. And I don’t cut down individual buds now until I am trimming the branch dry. But I could check when I’m done. I only have big display hygrometers though.

I feel drying is more art than science. I always dry and cure by smell and feel. I just happened to weigh harvests to make sure I was following the grow books.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I just got to love this thread and the path it has taken. I now have a better understanding of some of the weights people claim to pull. Wet weight, cure for 5 days and weigh before trim, it goes on. For the guys weight stuff any other way than final trimmed, fully cured weight welcome to the "Who Has The Biggest DICK Contest". Been at this long enough to know what is legit and not legit. Just needed to figure out how some get their outrages yields, now I know. I guess this run will be over 5 pounds a light if I part take in the contest.

I was thinking of you bro when I brought this up. :-)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Im not a distributor by any means but from a recreational users point of view.. Dry/smokeable weight is the only weight that is important. Every other wetter weight measurement is a mirage. The only time anyone should be weighing their flower is after its reached a point where you could successfully smoke it or store it without it molding. That means humidty, proper leaf trim etc.

Tbh I see such bad ettiquette within the community where growers seem to exagerate their grows as a means make their dick seem bigger in the community cock measuring competions. How do we expect to get better as a community when we cant even agree on the right time to weight the fruits of your labor for analysis.

Fact of the matter is, if you couldnt get a reputable dealer to pay for your produce because its to wet or wasnt cured right, then your weight doesnt matter and nobody cares. Its like talking about the weight of corn but all the corn is rotten on the cob. Nobody cares. All that matters is what your weight is at after it is fully cured... the weight once the process is complete... the "final cut".
I cut all stems before jaring all smokeable bud in weight

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

That Trim job would not fly in Cali if you want top dollar
Lol, I haven't sold cannabis since I was putting it into nickle and dime bags 40 years ago.

It's to give away and to use up the best I can. Want an ounce? Or maybe 8 grams of rosin at a time. Montana laws now say I can. Seriously... tried contacting veterans organizations ... dead ends.

If 50 people were to walk up to my front door I would give them each an ounce and if one of them complained about the fir, I'd ask for it back.
90% of our personal turns into rosin.

Ps: the vault in the picture is a kilo harvested on Oct 12. One of the meters went from 62 to 63 while I snapped

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol, I haven't sold cannabis since I was putting it into nickle and dime bags 40 years ago.

It's to give away and to use up the best I can. Want an ounce? Or maybe 8 grams of rosin at a time. Montana laws now say I can. Seriously... tried contacting veterans organizations ... dead ends.

If 50 people were to walk up to my front door I would give them each an ounce and if one of them complained about the fir, I'd ask for it back.

Ps: the vault in the picture is a kilo harvested on Oct 12. One of the meters went from 62 to 63 while I snapped

If the meter went up it’s still drying huh.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

If the meter went up it’s still drying huh.
Just lookd back and saw that and no that was backwords. Went from 63 to 62. Outside humidity here now is 50 and snow in the air at 34 deg. Humidity would maybe down not up

"Still drying huh.

growsince79

growsince79

[OTE="smokedareefer, post: 2614731, member: 43496"]

[/QUOTE]
Just visit the nearest VFW bar. I'm sure you will find plenty of puffers there.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

[OTE="smokedareefer, post: 2614731, member: 43496"]

[/QUOTE]
That's on my list, my second flu shot happens tomorrow. There was a vet pushing the legal vote here before the election.. tried to contact him . Sheit i cant give the stuff away. And now that im legal we can grow 4 more

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

I do what most of you would never do.. I cut my colas, pull off the large leaves, then I wash them.. Three buckets 3/4 full, first one warm water with 1/2 cup baking soda, second bucket 1/2 cup citric acid, or vinegar, third bucket plane water.. Slosh them up and down, going from bucket to bucket, then hang to dry.. Funny thing they dry twice as fast.. You don't have to worry about losing any resin.. You can't wash it off with water, but the dust and whatever settled on the plant is left in the water ..

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

That's on my list, my second flu shot happens tomorrow. There was a vet pushing the legal vote here before the election.. tried to contact him . Sheit i cant give the stuff away. And now that im legal we can grow 4 more
[/QUOTE]
Dude you got the v ac. c. ine! Wow!

Any after effects?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Dude you got the v ac. c. ine! Wow!

Any after effects?
[/QUOTE]
We got the pfizer.

I feel older than i was 20 days ago but no other side effects

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Never weighed a wet harvest ever and been doing this for longer than a lot of people have been born.

This ^^^ WTF is the point weighing something that isn't marketable?

I weigh out what my friends ask me to and I always go heavy and give out freebees.

I know how big a plant is as soon as I chop it and hold it in my arm.

Pretty easy to tell the diff between a 4zip plant and an 8zip plant (dried in the can). If its super light weight, I'll let the clones go another month. lol

Top Bottom