What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Hope you dont get bad r. ea c. tio. n
you can really only tell the vax is working when your skin falls off or you start getting blood clots.
[/QUOTE]
The grand fanilly is when you get struck by lightning!

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

Totally understand your rant. I did some growing up tn farm county too. I farmed 320 acres, corn wheat soybeans and some specialty beans. This was back between the years 72 to 1999. Roundup ready soybeans was all they had back in the 90s, lots of farmers were quick to get on the wagon, sales rep for monsanto rep actually told us at a chemical sales meeting that roundup was " even safe to drink.

Never grew a roundup ready crop in my life and I know I suffered financially because of that decision. But you know if I was in the market for the best led to grow trees and gavita had that light, I would buy it.

Gavita not the best LED light. So there's that.

I live in farm country in Upstate NY - my farmer neighbors have been using Glyphosate for a very long time. Their children have already had cancer, parents have serious illness and death.

I'm not ranting - I'm just letting people know and INFORMING people about products they are purchasing. Informed people are smarter people. Let the market drive the goods.

Yeah I know about the sales people saying you can "almost drink glyphosate" as a marketing tool.
I'll take a sip right after you...... wait no I wont.

Its a bad product. There are other MUCH better ways to grow crops than poisoning the environment and the people.
The only reason its in wide use is those companies are subsidized by our TAX dollars and so are the farmers that use it. They are subsidized with tax dollars to poison the public.

That public are the poor people that cant afford to eat a proper diet made with food that isn't laced with herbicides and pesticides and chemical fertilizers.

There thats a rant.

Go ahead and purchase your Gavita lamp just understand that its coming from companies that are here in the cannabis industry to make money. They do not care about you the people. They have a track record that is deplorable at best. Then you can expect GMO cannabis and hemp seed so they can grow those plants with Glyphosate. Then they will have a patent on the genetics.

Grow a field of hemp and your back yard plot gets pollinated with GMO hemp, Monsanto/Scott's comes in and sues you for patent infringement because you didnt pay for there patented GMO genetics.

It's been done before.... farmers land taken over by corporations so they can spread more poison on the people. And thats literally ON PEOPLE and children. Spray a field right next to a grade school with glyphosate. Its been done all over the world.

You wanna be part of that greed - good luck have at it.

growsince79

growsince79

Gavita not the best LED light. So there's that.

I live in farm country in Upstate NY - my farmer neighbors have been using Glyphosate for a very long time. Their children have already had cancer, parents have serious illness and death.

I'm not ranting - I'm just letting people know and INFORMING people about products they are purchasing. Informed people are smarter people. Let the market drive the goods.

Yeah I know about the sales people saying you can "almost drink glyphosate" as a marketing tool.
I'll take a sip right after you...... wait no I wont.

Its a bad product. There are other MUCH better ways to grow crops than poisoning the environment and the people.
The only reason its in wide use is those companies are subsidized by our TAX dollars and so are the farmers that use it. They are subsidized with tax dollars to poison the public.

That public are the poor people that cant afford to eat a proper diet made with food that isn't laced with herbicides and pesticides and chemical fertilizers.

There thats a rant.

Go ahead and purchase your Gavita lamp just understand that its coming from companies that are here in the cannabis industry to make money. They do not care about you the people. They have a track record that is deplorable at best. Then you can expect GMO cannabis and hemp seed so they can grow those plants with Glyphosate. Then they will have a patent on the genetics.

Grow a field of hemp and your back yard plot gets pollinated with GMO hemp, Monsanto/Scott's comes in and sues you for patent infringement because you didnt pay for there patented GMO genetics.

It's been done before.... farmers land taken over by corporations so they can spread more poison on the people. And thats literally ON PEOPLE and children. Spray a field right next to a grade school with glyphosate. Its been done all over the world.

You wanna be part of that greed - good luck have at it.
Agree. Much better buying lights from a county that puts millions of people in concentration camps and poisons the entire world.

BlackRuss

BlackRuss

I pulled 1.7 gr/wat las harvest... heres my setup
Space: 4x4
Light : iL8x
# of plants: 4
Medium: Coco + perlite
Strain: Gorilla Glue

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Read the thread, no where near an led argument.
I have been reading, and the back and forth between @growsince79 and @Bobrown14 is a moral debate that looks an awful lot like an argument, and its getting long in the tooth.
The thread is about how much you pull per watt with what light. Not whether Monsanto Is the devils Corp or China is putting people in concentration camps.

growsince79

growsince79

Why does grams per watt even matter nowadays? I use more than most and it costs about $20 a month in electric.

It will be a great day when nobody has to pay for buds.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I have been reading, and the back and forth between @growsince79 and @Bobrown14 is a moral debate that looks an awful lot like an argument, and its getting long in the tooth.
The thread is about how much you pull per watt with what light. Not whether Monsanto Is the devils Corp or China is putting people in concentration camps.
My mistake, wasn't aware

Edit: knock it off guys. Lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why does grams per watt even matter nowadays? I use more than most and it costs about $20 a month in electric.

It will be a great day when nobody has to pay for buds.

GPW makes sense because the amount of watts in lighting is a limiting factor of yield. So it’s a good meter of how well we did.

and it has always been stated with veg time and light type. Ie: 30 day veg under 400 watt mh and got 1gpw under a 600 hps.

it has nothing to do with electrical usage and cost. That’s the dumb forum argument to turn it into a debate. It’s what we do here. :-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Monsato likely gets the most grams per watt. ;-)

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

I didn't bring up any lighting company name. There are people out there getting lighting for free from all of these companies. Those people are fer sure gonna "promote" their lighting of choice because they got it free.

I'm just informing people about their choices since the name brands were being brought up.

Dont talk name brands I'm good. Start promoting Brand X LED then everything should be allowed on the table right?

I got 2gm/watt last pull - these are the products that got me there:

Soil
Water
LED lighting

Thats no BS either.
Notice I didn't post any brand names.

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Dont be embarrassed man everybody starts somewhere. You have to be willing to suck at something for a while to get good at something :) when I started my first harvest I pulled .18gpw XD it only gets better from here man

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Dont be embarrassed man everybody starts somewhere. You have to be willing to suck at something for a while to get good at something :) when I started my first harvest I pulled .18gpw XD it only gets better from here man

Exactly, I remember my very first successful grow over 10 years ago, I had 1 plant covering 4 sq.ft of canopy space in a 5 gallon bucket under a 600w HPS. Pulled a woppin 4 oz 😆 That's 0.18 gpw. If I had more plants it would of been way better, but I didn't know any better lol.

Top Bottom