what are your techniques tranfer veg to flower

• Thread starter vonwolfen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vonwolfen

vonwolfen

What do you do when making the switch from veg to 12/12?
I have seen some people turn lights out for the first 3 days
Some only give RO water w/o nutes.
Some dont give them anything for 3 days. No light no water. No CO2,..No love
What do you do?

G

Green Supreme

I strip the bottom 1/3 of the plant{Hate useless bottom fluff}. Treat with miticide and fungicide of choice and right into 12/12. Peace GS

M

Madkush

Yep - I strip them & throw them on the table. Never a problem!

420blunts

i trim da bottom half for og 3 days before flip. since i grow in rockwool, i keep them a little on the dry side so after the first lights out of 12/12 i can hit them with a mild bloom recipe with bud blood.

O

OZUT

I usually strip the bottom 3rd about 10- or 15 days into flower after they've had a chance to stretch a little.

LBH

LBH

I just move the net pots to the new buckets in the flowering room and lower the screen.

I never strip anything. Experimented with many runs, many variations. Yields always suffered in the long run although the mains do swell a bit better. I scrog now and When scrogging, if you do it right, there's no need to trim, the would be popcorn is up at or above the screen.

MY final conclusion is that the plant knows what it's doing, let it do it. (my .02)

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Some believe into a heavy flush before bloom, As far as the no light part. 36hr will make them flip to bloom with out making 2ed guess for it. Fresh air exchange is useful when the lamps are out Even in a co2 room,ran in the day hrs.

Normally I flip to 12/12 because i dont want them to go searching for light. got 6ft2in inside so depends on the grower at the end.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

well I'm having mag def. I am planning on flushing today for 3 days then moving them to flower..Might move to flower room flush with lights out for 3 days as well..Good or bad idea?

LBH

LBH

Why lights out?

If you have a mag def, treat with cal mag, make sure the ph is in range to accept them and have at it.

I give an extra shot of cal-mag a week or so Before I move them over and then another extra shot of N a week after they are in.

G

Green Supreme

Sounds like you should topdress your medium with a tablespoon of lime/gallon of medium. Assuming you are not in a water culture. Good luck. Peace GS

Z

Zissou Intern

im with lbh.

this is my first scrog, but even with bushes/trees i felt it would hurt the plant overall if i stripped it. a good train and a solid veg make everything worth it in the end.

i give them a little pre flower huddle and let them know that its game time

The Joker

The Joker

If you are scrogging , depending on the type of plant you are growing. stripping may increase your yield. I felt the same way as you until I did it. You increase air flow, increase light going down the length of the buds. With shitty yielders like any of the kushes, you will get a crap yield if you don't strip.

As far as 12/12, I just change the timer.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

Why lights out?

If you have a mag def, treat with cal mag, make sure the ph is in range to accept them and have at it.

I give an extra shot of cal-mag a week or so Before I move them over and then another extra shot of N a week after they are in.

I keep getting two different versions of that..Some say use cal-mag(plus) others say stop useing calcium it is what is locking out the mag, and other nutes...

I am useing 50/100ml in a 15 gallon res everyweek(one week 50 the next 100 the next 50 and so on). Could I have put in to much? or still not enough? I started flushing 3 hours ago, but this happened last time I was in veg. So I would like to figure it out before the next time...
the strains are Hells Angel OG, Fire OG(OGR's), Skywalker OG, Alien Dawg OG(which is haveing a really hard time), and Shroom. All are showing signs of a problem, but Green Crack, and UK cheese look great??

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

i just switch the light cycle and within the first week i switch to bloom nutes. usually i like to do so the day i flip but if i dont get to it that day i make sure its within week one. i also will do any cleanup i feel necessary before i flip.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I strip the bottom 1/3 of the plant{Hate useless bottom fluff}. Treat with miticide and fungicide of choice and right into 12/12. Peace GS
I should probably add the prophylactic treatments to my regimen.

Same here, von. Shave the ladies' legs well, pistil-whip them into shape and flip 'em like nymphos.

D

Disco Duck

My final conclusion is that the plant knows what it's doing, let it do it. (my .02)

That's just a great qoute. I might have to make a sign that says that on it and hang it in my tent:-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom