What brand cal-mag are you using for your coco?

• Thread starter ballzdeep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

ballzdeep

I was just curious what other coco growers were using for cal-mag. Currently, I use Adv Nutes grow and bloom respectively. Its a little to high in nitrogen for some of my strains, mainly afghooey, the blueberry and super hindu kush dont seem to mind. The bloom is 3-0-0 and the grow is 4-0-0 and it has a nice dose of iron. Ive had great results using it, but Im thinking its time for a change. Constantly evolving is the way to go IMO. Ive also used the botanicare cal-mag in coco in the past, with great results but its 2-0-0. Im thinking about switching to general organics cal-mag as it has no NPK. Just curious what other growers thought the best cal-mag for coco was, also different dosages that you use.
Thanks

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I used botanicare cal-mag in the past, but that shit is strong and goes bad I believe. I complained at the grow shop about it and so have a couple of other people to the store owner he tells me... So that means it just wasn't me that experienced it. He stoped carrying it for awhile, and now orders gro tech cal-max which has been working great for me. It looks a lot cleaner and more refined than the cal-mag from botanicare. Hope that helps some.

Venom818

Venom818

I used botanicare cal-mag in the past, but that shit is strong and goes bad I believe. I complained at the grow shop about it and so have a couple of other people to the store owner he tells me... So that means it just wasn't me that experienced it. He stoped carrying it for awhile, and now orders gro tech cal-max which has been working great for me. It looks a lot cleaner and more refined than the cal-mag from botanicare. Hope that helps some.

I use the botanicare cal-mag plus with success and never had a bottle go bad on my i guess i get lucky maybe fresh bottles.

Also tried calplex but couldnt make it work for me they were getting deficiencies

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I use the botanicare cal-mag plus with success and never had a bottle go bad on my i guess i get lucky maybe fresh bottles.

Also tried calplex but couldnt make it work for me they were getting deficiencies

He also tell's me that they treat us Florida growers like shit, and they send us the old shit. This guy has an account with all the nute lines from Canna to Advance Nutrients. He also has alot of feedback from all the many Miami Growers.

Venom818

Venom818

He also tell's me that they treat us Florida growers like shit, and they send us the old shit. This guy has an account with all the nute lines from Canna to Advance Nutrients. He also has alot of feedback from all the many Miami Growers.

sux bro yeah ive had the botanicare gallon for six months and its still good,my boy uses the grow tech i believe and hes happy with it

justiceman

justiceman

Calplex is cool but the problem is it doesn't cover the magnesium part. One would have to get Huvega and Calplex together to be a calmag supplement.

I use to use botanicares calmag and it worked just fine for me. It's a good calmag supplement especially for hydro, but the problem for me is it's synthetic form as well as its nitrogen content. If I want to add cal mag I'll add it. If I want to add N I'll add it, I won't want N together with my calmag supplement. After all since I go through the trouble to use all organic nutrients then my calmag supplement although technically not organic since it's a mineral is at least naturally derived, and processed.

That's why lately I have been using General Organics Calmag+. It is Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, and Molasses. It's fermented calcium and magnesium combined with organic acids and sugar chelates. So far it seems to be working just fine and it's at the same excellent dilution ratio as botanicares calmag(5ml per gallon)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've separated out Ca and Mg, I now use MgSO4 (Epsom) and an organic, locally sourced 0% N 6% Ca product. Smells yummy, low dose rates.

watteva

watteva

i use gro-tech plants seem to like it i cut it out after week 6 of 8 week strain becuase of the n

true grit

true grit

What you mean you couldn't get that ish to work? lol.

Calplex is cool but the problem is it doesn't cover the magnesium part. One would have to get Huvega and Calplex together to be a calmag supplement.

Thats the point, if your reg is on point you dont need the extra Mag. Its not needed. theres plenty in base nutes. And no huvega is not needed. Check my grows for the last year or so now....great yield, great dank, lower ppm than most here, no extra mag and no deficiencies (unless i was fucking with something)...tellin ya...Growmaster is on to something...haven't looked back since...

Make your plants happy, then figure out what they don't need.

M

max_well

calplex with canna nutes

For those who have been using Calplex as a Ca supplement, does it jive OK with synthetic nute lines? I tried the GH product CaMg+ and is produced a film in my reservoir, and seemed to precipitate, although that was in a recirculating system. Calplex derives its calcium from Calcium carbonate, the same source as the GH product. I'm wondering if this will cause issue with the balance in Canna coco nutes, which has Calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate, as well as Mag Sulfate. thanks for any insights!
I would like to find alternative to botanicare calmag that doesn't add N into flower.
Max

true grit

true grit

No absolutely no problems, way more soluble than any of the calmag's IMO and i have too used that GO Calmag+, calmag, one of teh others and finally calplex. calplex is most def the most soluble, and perfectly compatible wiht synthetics (AN Sensi nutes i run). no precipitate or build up.

T

tomsawyer

No Cutting Edge fans here? Plant amp is organic chelated calcium. One of a kind product, works really well even as a foliar. Also their Mag amp is excellent. I am surprised not too see it mentioned as This line is big in Humboldt.

Taedon83

Taedon83

H&G Coco and Calplex?

I'm giving calplex a shot after this GO calmag runs out(not impressed) I use calmag between compost tea feedings to stabilize my water and so far only the fire OG is pissed.

To me it makes more sense that plants need more calcium and not magnesium. Especially these calcium hungry kushes. Calcium just so much more prevalent in daily life than magnesium...

I'm strongly considering H&G coco line next run in coco/perlite 2 g smart pot ebb and flow tables. From my knowledge H&G doesn't use calmag because its fortified in their line?

Thanks

true grit

true grit

No Cutting Edge fans here? Plant amp is organic chelated calcium. One of a kind product, works really well even as a foliar. Also their Mag amp is excellent. I am surprised not too see it mentioned as This line is big in Humboldt.

Havent tried it but have seen it and am curious about teh whole CES lineup honestly. What scared me away was the normal pricing on teh CES lineup except the Plant AMp...geez that shit was pricey. I scoop a gallon of organic calplex for like $25 and at max 6ml/g....goes a long way.

G

grinkeeper

hey I hear you loud and clear on BOTANICARE going bad.. I have had a few friends who buy it have crop problems. they checked there CALMAG and it was CLOUDY..They exchanged it for new at the store.. next one was also cloudy.. called the botanicare rep.. HE said it should never be cloudy and shouldnt have sediemnt at bottom, should be clear to see through.. I have rad this problem about six times, they must have had a bad batch or it has a short shelf life..

I use GROTEK CALMAG and its amber clear and very strong..my ro water is 15ppm, I raise the ppm to 150 with calmag and 5 gallon bucket only takes about 3 mls.. a 1 litre last a long time...

its a really good price.. I find grotek to be great with there add on supplements.. monster bloom, bud fuel , are the other ones I have used and there also great value and very concentrated...

hope my info helps

T

tomsawyer

Havent tried it but have seen it and am curious about teh whole CES lineup honestly. What scared me away was the normal pricing on teh CES lineup except the Plant AMp...geez that shit was pricey. I scoop a gallon of organic calplex for like $25 and at max 6ml/g....goes a long way.

I have met John from Cutting Edge Solutions. Very Knowledgable and friendly guy. I can almost gurantee you if you call their tech line and tell them who you are, they will send you a full run samples to try out.

Its a solid line here in Humboldt. Three part, good replacement for GH

Latest posts

Top Bottom