What brand cal-mag are you using for your coco?

• Thread starter ballzdeep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenums

I was going to get some cal/mag, but took a closer look at what my organic blackstrap molasses has in it. Seems to be doing the job, and then some. :)

Blackstrap molasses
2.00 tsp

Nutrient Amount DV% Density

manganese 0.36 mg 18.0 10.1
copper 0.28 mg 14.0 7.8
iron 2.39 mg 13.3 7.4
calcium 117.53 mg 11.8 6.6
potassium 340.57 mg 9.7 5.5
magnesium 29.38 mg 7.3 4.1
vitamin B6 0.10 mg 5.0 2.8
selenium 2.43 mcg 3.5 1.9
zinc 0.14 mg 0.93

sugar - total 5.85 g
monosaccharides 2.09 g
disaccharides 3.68 g
other carbs 2.46 g
water 3.92 g
ash 1.12 g

S

stak

I use the full General Organics line, which includes their calmag. This is my first grow with both coco and this line and so far everything looks real good, but I am only in mid veg so we'll see how it holds up

Samoan

Samoan

@Pimples @true grit @justiceman

Canna A and B
Best option to add cal/mag?

From what I understand when using R/O and Canna you will need to supplement.

Calplex / Calimagic. / Calmag+ /

I'm also looking into the "RAW" Stuff...would be nice to tailor.

If using Standard off-gassed Tap water You have optimum amounts of calcium and magnesium carbonates and probably iron in your tap. They just need a little "push" with some natural chelationagents. I suggest adding a little fulvic acid and amino acid in the form of a simple soy plant or fish protein hydrolysate to make them tap carbonates more readily available to the rhizosphere.

Also, I believe some use Epsom Salts to get Magnesium?

justiceman

justiceman

@Pimples @true grit @justiceman

Canna A and B
Best option to add cal/mag?

From what I understand when using R/O and Canna you will need to supplement.

Calplex / Calimagic. / Calmag+ /

I'm also looking into the "RAW" Stuff...would be nice to tailor.

If using Standard off-gassed Tap water You have optimum amounts of calcium and magnesium carbonates and probably iron in your tap. They just need a little "push" with some natural chelationagents. I suggest adding a little fulvic acid and amino acid in the form of a simple soy plant or fish protein hydrolysate to make them tap carbonates more readily available to the rhizosphere.

Also, I believe some use Epsom Salts to get Magnesium?
If I'm not mistaken one doesn't have to use a calcium or magnesmium supplement with Canna A and B. It should have everything in it already with no need for extra supplements . If it does though I'm sure calmag+ would work just fine. Yes many use epsom salt to get magnesium and sulfur if it's needed. I've seen RAW before. Seems like some interesting and useful stuff. I'm currently using Veg+Bloom without any additional supplements and it is working well for me. Another nutrient that doesn't need extra calmag is maxibloom. Good stuff.

Top Bottom