What Cal-Mag are you using for Coco with low nitrogen?

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Hello all,

Just checking to see if I can find a better Cal-Mag supplement than what I am using. Dont want to have any issues in flower.

Im currently using Advanced Nutrients Cal Mag Extra which is 4-0-0 NPK ratio. I feel like that is going to be too high in flower.

Thoughts?

What are you guys using?

N

newcastle112

Hello all,

Just checking to see if I can find a better Cal-Mag supplement than what I am using. Dont want to have any issues in flower.

Im currently using Advanced Nutrients Cal Mag Extra which is 4-0-0 NPK ratio. I feel like that is going to be too high in flower.

Thoughts?

What are you guys using?
iv never used it be4 was just about ask are u ment to it using pk food

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I've personally never had to add cal-mag during flower? Only seems to be a problem in vege?

jdog22

jdog22

when i add my cal/mag i will give it less of my Nitrogen base fert.

Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

Here are the labels for advanced nutrients sensi base and sensi coco base. They advertise that it has added cal mag but label shows all same parts. Only difference is iron is .13% more. Cal- mag are same ratio’s.

Wow. Shoulda checked this before buying -__-

1BC3BDDC 361A 4EFC B0E3 504762C9A076

Looks like the Bloom has a tiny bit more.

jdog22

jdog22

Any experience with Advanced Nutrients? They say to use equal parts A + B would it have any effect if you dont follow that?
id think you still get a good effect its just getting a little more N from the cal/mag, i had seen this online somewhere and thats exactly what i do with my 3 part nute. it seems to be working alright but im not sure if ill run into a problem further down the track.

Siz

Siz

id think you still get a good effect its just getting a little more N from the cal/mag, i had seen this online somewhere and thats exactly what i do with my 3 part nute. it seems to be working alright but im not sure if ill run into a problem further down the track.

Yeah i think with 3 part you should be fine its the 2 part that i dont know or havent seen.

But Ive also seen someone using Sensi Bloom in Veg so im sure they are using more part A for that but they didnt specify on the video.

Stokes

Stokes

What base nuts do you use?

Thats what I use but I feel like its not enough. I use their cal mag as well but nitrogen is pretty high i dont want problems in veg. Its a 4-0-0 npk ratio if I use only 150ppm will I have issues?
Have you seen deficiencies when using AN? Remember that with coco you are feeding daily, so you only need a small maintenance dose. Was more than enough for me, never saw the slightest evidence of deficiency. Hell, ive never even used a full recommended dose of their products.

I also buffer the shit out of my coco, regardless of what the packaging says.

Siz

Siz

Have you seen deficiencies when using AN? Remember that with coco you are feeding daily, so you only need a small maintenance dose. Was more than enough for me, never saw the slightest evidence of deficiency. Hell, ive never even used a full recommended dose of their products.

I also buffer the shit out of my coco, regardless of what the packaging says.

I am not sure if it was a deficiency because its my first run and the got transplant shock/ light burn so that threw me off. I dont think I have but everyone recommends adding cal-mag if you are pushing the plants hard. What power light are you using?

Im using RO water as well and my starting ppm is 0

Siz

Siz

Also how do you buffer your coco? I did 2ml of cal mag and sensizym with great white during the transplant. They seemed to have loved it this time around transplanting to final pot. I had zero transplant shock, even with my 2 plants that I took outdoor immediately after transplanting.

Stokes

Stokes

Also how do you buffer your coco? I did 2ml of cal mag and sensizym with great white during the transplant. They seemed to have loved it this time around transplanting to final pot. I had zero transplant shock, even with my 2 plants that I took outdoor immediately after transplanting.

I hydrate it and rinse the shit out of it. Then i fill the bucket up with coco, water, and 24 mL of calmag (8mL per gallon) and leave it sit for a day or so. Then i drain and give another rinse to runoff.

Not sure if thats how its supposed to be done. But ive never had a deficiency with my coco plants

Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

Yeah that seems about right. Flush then add cal mag bacteria and microbes. Let sit for a day so they do their thing. Thats what I did as well but didnt go as heavy on the cal mag. I was around 450 ppm

Stokes

Stokes

I cant comment on the microbes. I never bothered with that being im dumping perfectly ph’d, nutrient ready liquids right on the roots when growing in coco

Siz

Siz

I cant comment on the microbes. I never bothered with that being im dumping perfectly ph’d, nutrient ready liquids right on the roots when growing in coco
Yeah I went overboard for my first run just because my environment isnt the cleanest. My tent is in my kitchen so I figured add all the good bacteria just to be safe. But also, I could be totally wrong its my first time hahahaha

I am taking the elimination route to find the perfect recipe. Total wrong way to do it hahahahaha!

Top Bottom