What causes single bladed leaves?

• Thread starter OGONLY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Next time try to take cuts before your 12 12 flip that way You can avoid this problem.clones taken after flowering has been initiated usually take longer to root and grow much poorer. Goodluck

I have found that the cuts from flowering clones root fine, but take a bit to snap out of flower and start to reveg. Either way you shouldn't take cuts from ladies(or males)in bloom unless it's an emergency to save the genetics. BUT hey if it works for you do your thing.

Cheers,
Crom

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mumble mumble rootbound mumble. Peace GS
Oh, whatchoo sayin'?
:giggle

I don't think it's the vitamin B in the Superthrive that's doing this, I think it's a combination of being rootbound (forces flowering, and forces it earlier) and the triacontanol in the Superthrive. Triacontanol is a growth hormone, so it makes perfect sense to me that it could cause a weird re-vegging scenario. I'm landing with GS on this, I think he's nailed it.

Bay Area, no disrespect, but I think you might want to learn a little bit more about playing around with photoperiods. :)

S

Shepdog2112

Mine are def revegging.will they eventually go back to 5fingered leaves?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They are actually still in veg. At least that is where I want them to be right now lol. I want them to be vegging for another 2 weeks or so. The other strains are White Rhino and Skywalker OG.

Guess maybe I should go 24/7 to get em to snap out of this.
I suspect the leaves your speaking of are appearing because you're confusing the plants by continually changing their lighting cycle

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Check out the pics and let me know what you think.
I do see a 3 pedal leaf on the plant in the bottom picture also....I was thinking you had a found a very nice strain I had 20 years ago called "The WEB" and it had only single pedal leaves on the entire plant. Your plant pic looks very much like it. It was very hard to tell this strain was cannabis when it was growing outdoors, but it was very good and I'm still sad I lost it.

Coatey

Coatey

I’m also having similar issues, can anyone help? I’ve always grown from seed but thought I’d try my first clone but the clone I was given is from a plant that had already started to flower. I’m using Cyco platinum series coco coir and Dutch pro veg nutrients. Growing indoors under Led lighting on 18/6.
She is around 8-10 weeks old and is still producing either single or 3 blade fan leaves at first I wasn’t too concerned but now I am getting twisted leaves as well. Is this normal for a clone that is effectively re vegging or do I have a problem?
Thanks in advance

BudBogart

BudBogart

Oh, whatchoo sayin'?

I don't think it's the vitamin B in the Superthrive that's doing this, I think it's a combination of being rootbound (forces flowering, and forces it earlier) and the triacontanol in the Superthrive. Triacontanol is a growth hormone, so it makes perfect sense to me that it could cause a weird re-vegging scenario. I'm landing with GS on this, I think he's nailed it.

Bay Area, no disrespect, but I think you might want to learn a little bit more about playing around with photoperiods. :)

Sea maiden also posted a great post one why your shooting singles. I miss Sea maiden.

J

jame9111

Yah I forgot to mention that I took the clones in the second week of flower. No doubt that is why the plants are confused.

Its strange how some are doing just fine and others (those with the curled leaves) are not bushing out.

Check out the pics and let me know what you think.
It's because of stress try giving it a transition feed once

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It's because of stress try giving it a transition feed once
friendly advice: check the dates on threads before replying to them. this is the second thread I've seen you resurrect, we want to leave threads like this alone as to prevent clogging up the timeline and affecting search results negatively.

LocalWeedia

LocalWeedia

I'm kind of stumped as to why several of my vegging plants have shot off single bladed leaves? Some of the leaves have a much smoother surface than they normaly would have.

Yes it does seem like the plants are a bit confused as to whether its flower time or not. The ones with the smooth leaves have shot off clusters of tricomes, and have a curly leaf thing adjacent to the normal leaf upon new growth.

I upped the the light cycle from 18/6 to 20/4 hoping this would correct the issue. Its been over a week and still have curly leaves popping. The single bladers have stopped though on all but 2 plants.

The single blade leaves showed on 4 different strains. The smooth leaf thing is only on the SFV OG. Running 8 lamp T5 in 4 in. rockwool cubes. Plants 4-6 inches from light. Temps have been a bit low at night (lights off) 64 on average. Day time temps average 74.

Anyone else experience this?
I have one in the garden that was a seedling indoors for a while and transplanted in early May when it was pretty cold at night in MA. Many of its leaves are single blades! I’ve grown 20 plants of this strain so far and this never happened before. It’s real bushy with tight nodes and lots of extra branches and lower small leaves. Confusing. The others don’t like like this at all. But it’s green and healthy looking too. We’ll see what happens! Harvest is mid to late summer for that one. (Photo, not auto)

IMG 3911
T

Tonyb420

Oh, whatchoo sayin'?

Bay Area, no disrespect, but I think you might want to learn a little bit more about playing around with

I have some strains that start flowering with anything less than 24 hours... Def agree with BB, I would start start there. Doesn't sound like you have taken cuts off of them, I've seen some single blades with strains after taking a bunch of cuts, but thats really rare. Def bump up to 24hrs
If u have photos that start flowering with using that much hours of light. I'm sry to say but u have an autoflower there, or atleast the genetics aren't stable, or it might have autoflower traits, and u should always give your ladies rest. Weather it's 2, 4, or 6 hours or more. I mean do u stay up fir 24 hours without some kind of exhaustion. I've still got alot to learn myself. Also one think I ha e learned that every seed is different. Idc if it's out of the same exact pack. I have two right now. Charlie sheen ones tall and lanky other one is short and bushy grown in same environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom