What could this be? Blue ice auto. Around 39 days old

• Thread starter Mattylucas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mattylucas

Mattylucas

Blue ice auto. Around 39 days old from sprout. Haven't fed nutes for about a week. I only gave it some big bud. About 1/4 of the recommended use. I haven't been over watering. Waiting for a lot of the soil to dry since it doesnt drain to well. Crappy soil I got. Is it a deficiency or too much of something? The other plant I topped and it's doing great and flowering already. Different soil I got from walmart. Promix herb and vegetable. Same nutes.

What could this be blue ice auto around 39 days old
What could this be blue ice auto around 39 days old 2
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plants look pretty good to me. I would recommend some light leaf removal to allow light to hit the new and smaller bud sites if possible. The plants are fairly small and don't require too much nutrients. I'm not familiar with the Big Bud nutrients, but I would give a small dose of a general blooming/flowering fertilizer and see how it reacts. The leaf edge issues could be caused by Ph or nutrient issues and will drive you crazy trying to figure out if it is a deficiency or overage, since they are two sides of the same coin. Any idea of what your PPMs are for the troubled plants?

Mattylucas

Mattylucas

No I dont I've been looking to find a good cheap ppm meter. Any suggestions? I've been phing my water to about 6.5. Its watering day today.

Mattylucas

Mattylucas

I just checked on them this morning. The troubled plant is looking a little worse. Leaves cuping up. I dont think the light is to close as the other one isnt cupping.

20200209 104242
20200209 104219
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Cupping often comes from heat issues, sometimes from nutrient excesses but cupping or canoeing is usually a heat/too close to lights issue. Is it only the leaves closest to the lights that are causing problems?

Mattylucas

Mattylucas

Not quite. Some of the lower leaves are starting to cup as well. My temps are around 75 through out the day. And 40 humidity

Anthem

Anthem

The plants look pretty good to me. I would recommend some light leaf removal to allow light to hit the new and smaller bud sites if possible. The plants are fairly small and don't require too much nutrients. I'm not familiar with the Big Bud nutrients, but I would give a small dose of a general blooming/flowering fertilizer and see how it reacts. The leaf edge issues could be caused by Ph or nutrient issues and will drive you crazy trying to figure out if it is a deficiency or overage, since they are two sides of the same coin. Any idea of what your PPMs are for the troubled plants?
Jimster, id Bud is a PK bloom buster by Advanced Nutrients. I have no idea why someone would give a plant that young a PK booster.

Anthem

Anthem

And so you are aware the bud/flower starts as the little white fuss on the top of the leaves as in the 2nd photo you posted.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

I think I would hit them with a low dose of nitrogen too, that's a lighter green than I like to see for beginning flower.

I don't know, might be the lighting, the second pic looks about right.

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

Pro mix tomatoe and herb is like the rest of pro mix and requires ph'ing to 5.8-6.2 get to know the product u are growing in is spaghnum moss not soil even though they call it pro mix soil however it is not soil and needs to be treated the same as pro mix BX and HP there is only spaghnum moss and perlite in that bag they call soil. I had many problems with pro mix till i figured out what they called soil was not soil it is still soilless growing. I adjusted ph accordingly and haven't had any issues with pro mix of any kind since.

Mattylucas

Mattylucas

Pro mix tomatoe and herb is like the rest of pro mix and requires ph'ing to 5.8-6.2 get to know the product u are growing in is spaghnum moss not soil even though they call it pro mix soil however it is not soil and needs to be treated the same as pro mix BX and HP there is only spaghnum moss and perlite in that bag they call soil. I had many problems with pro mix till i figured out what they called soil was not soil it is still soilless growing. I adjusted ph accordingly and haven't had any issues with pro mix of any kind since.
The one in promix is the one that's doing good. The other in is in some co op bram I got here in canada

Ezlyfe

Ezlyfe

Keep a eye on the pro mix one it will become a problem once the buffers are gone

Mattylucas

Mattylucas

Keep a eye on the pro mix one it will become a problem once the buffers are gone
So lve been feeding them the same ph. And the promix one is doing good. I'm going to up my ph in the other one to about
If they weren't autos I'd transplant them into my fox farm ocean forest I just bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom