What deficiency?

• Thread starter Frenchie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just got the room to 82f took a 1500w heater. But that makes me mad that I spent alot of money on these hlg 600h’s. Because now at 82f I and this extra 1500w its probably just as efficient as my old 1000w lights were. 😕
It's got nothing to do with your temperature

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

It's got nothing to do with your temperature
Let me clarify my above comment: the adjustment you've made has nothing to do with your issue, if anything you've made it worse by turning the temperature up to treat a heat related problem

your leaves are burning because your lights are either too close or too hot or a combination of both and you turn your temperature UP as a remedy!?

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
Let me clarify my above comment: the adjustment you've made has nothing to do with your issue, if anything you've made it worse by turning the temperature up to treat a heat related problem

your leaves are burning because your lights are either too close or too hot or a combination of both and you turn your temperature UP as a remedy!?

i think he was trying to hit 77 leaf temp as someone had suggested to him prior is my guess. ppl dinged that groweasy flow chart but if you follow it, it takes you to the bottom right red box ?

Frenchie

Frenchie

Ok getting mixed messages on here. What’s your thoughts on running LED rooms hotter then normal? Like 81-83f?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Canoeing and tiger stripes
Cause; generally heat and ph
Only happening with this set of lights?
Do u have access to a par meter to gauge proper distance

As far as heat is concerned, warmer is ok lights on but not necessarily the issue here.

cottageman

cottageman

Leaf curling has nothing to do with temperature especially since the temp is low. The leaf curling is not a heat issue, probably a light intensity issue. The tiger striping looks like ph and can definitely be from low temps. Low temps cause lower amounts of photosynthesis which can lockout the medium and cause ph swings because nutrients aren’t being absorbed optimally. It might be a heat related problem, not having enough heat and having the light too close. Raising the temp will allow the plant to drink and absorb more optimally which could definitely help the ph situation. Leafs don’t burn at 73 degrees in veg lol

cottageman

cottageman

Leaf curling has nothing to do with temperature especially since the temp is low. The leaf curling is not a heat issue, probably a light intensity issue. The tiger striping looks like ph and can definitely be from low temps. Low temps cause lower amounts of photosynthesis which can lockout the medium and cause ph swings because nutrients aren’t being absorbed optimally. It might be a heat related problem, not having enough heat and having the light too close. Raising the temp will allow the plant to drink and absorb more optimally which could definitely help the ph situation. Leafs don’t burn at 73 degrees in veg lol
Also the reason I didn’t say raise the light immediately is because I’m the picture the top leafs in the plant are fine. If the only problem was too much light the top leaves would curl and should show the worst symptoms and show the symptoms the fastest. That curled leaf doesn’t look like it’s at the very top of the plant which could mean more than just simply raising the light. I have seen plants react like that when they are exposed to crazy humidity swings but it doesn’t seem like OP has that problem

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Quick question? Has it recently been sprayed with an oil based pesticide? And or pm treatment?
I’ve had a similar issue once when we used impede, the concentration was off and it stripped the leaves butter fat off and we had knarly humidity swings for a week before we caught it and they looked very similar to what u see. Canoeing and curling.
We also had a nasty lockout post that issue. No amount of flushing brought it back. We ended up repotting with fresh media and they recovered but it was in veg. At flower I wouldn’t do anything that drastic.
check runoff ec/ ph
Soil ph
Let’s see what the basics are and maybe we can come up with solution
The light height is good with that video I seen and that may not be the issue.
Temp/ humidity maybe the culprit but also concerned with the possibility of a early lockout happening.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

..and yet again.
your leaves are burning because your lights are either too close or too hot or a combination of both
you mentioned it only happens with that particular light (<-- clue)

those temperatures (64°-72°) are absolutely not the reason that you're having that tacoing.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

More clues-->

I’ve had this problem my last 2 grows. Happens in veg and bud. Only happens under my QBs. HPS it’s never happened. What could this be?
View attachment 948584

View attachment 948582

Humidity is consistent. 40% in veg (I need a humidifier) and about 50% in bud. My rooms run cool like 64F at night to about 72f with lights on. This only happens to plants directly under my QBs.

This grow I put them 20in or higher with my hlg 135w in veg and 30in or high for my hlg 600h in bud. It happened again in both veg and bud. But they have never done this with my hps or my cob. All the same strain. Happens to the top half of the plant. Not always the very top though.

Increasing the temperature may increase your overall growth rate (& your electric bill) but it's not going to address the issue you have going on

here's a pic of your plant
Screenshot 20200310 145025 Chrome

and heres another example of light burn
Screenshot 20200310 145011 Google

Best wishes.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
More clues-->

Increasing the temperature may increase your overall growth rate (& your electric bill) but it's not going to address the issue you have going on

View attachment 949093

View attachment 949094

Best wishes.
I don't think HID lighting generates the same intensities of light, especially in the blue spectrum. This would explain why a lot of LED growers are seeing issues that don't appear like classic light bleaching. The picture above almost looks like a sunburn or a UV overdose. Is there any UV in the lights here is using? I'm a HID guy myself and don't know much about current LED technology.

cottageman

cottageman

..and yet again.
If you think 72 degrees in a veg room is too and burning plants I have a lot of bridges to sell you
More clues-->

View attachment 949093

View attachment 949094

Best wishes.
if it’s only light burn then why are his top leafs fine? No curling or discoloration. You’re doing a web md right now and saying it matches one symptom so it MUST be that. If the top leaves do it first then it’s definitely light burn, if not then it could be something else. Burning under led looks different than hps as well, that’s why you can’t just look at one light burn picture and say that’s what it is lol. 36 inches in veg is perfect for the hlg light and shouldn’t burn that much at all. You don’t know if raising the temp could help, saying it flat out won’t is a bit ignorant. Many deficiencies and problems share similar signs, stop trying to web md the OP and try to actually figure out the problem

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't think HID lighting generates the same intensities of light, especially in the blue spectrum. This would explain why a lot of LED growers are seeing issues that don't appear like classic light bleaching. The picture above almost looks like a sunburn or a UV overdose. Is there any UV in the lights here is using? I'm a HID guy myself and don't know much about current LED technology.
Agree, and he says several times that it only happens under those particular lights, & that's the gist of my point, again.

Regardless, I'm out of this thread, glad to see you around more Jim, hope you feeling better!

cottageman

cottageman

No Uv in hlg lights and spectrum of light doesn’t much matter, intensity does. 1000
light burn is less common under leds than light bleaching. The burn comes from high intensities and high temps which go hand in hand with hps since it pushes so much more heat toward the canopy. With led you don’t have that heat problem so you usually just see the signs of bleaching and minor burning since it’s not also burning from the excess heat being thrown into the canopy as with hps at high intensities

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
If you think 72 degrees in a veg room is too and burning plants I have a lot of bridges to sell you

if it’s only light burn then why are his top leafs fine? No curling or discoloration. You’re doing a web md right now and saying it matches one symptom so it MUST be that. If the top leaves do it first then it’s definitely light burn, if not then it could be something else. Burning under led looks different than hps as well, that’s why you can’t just look at one light burn picture and say that’s what it is lol. 36 inches in veg is perfect for the hlg light and shouldn’t burn that much at all. You don’t know if raising the temp could help, saying it flat out won’t is a bit ignorant. Many deficiencies and problems share similar signs, stop trying to web md the OP and try to actually figure out the problem
The lower leaves are affected and not the top... by the look and age of the bottom leaves, this is something that could have happened a month or so ago and just showing up. I had similar looking leaves after fighting off spider mites... the damage didn't really show up until flowering started. When I used a 10Kfinishing MH bulb, the problem on the older leaves became very apparent very quickly with only the older leaves being affected... almost exactly like the picture in the original post. Were more lights added or changed somehow? I agree that all signs point to the lights, but a small piece of the puzzle still seems to be missing for a perfectly fine growing plant to suddenly go south with only older leaves being affected. Flowering pulls nutes from older vegitation, but it doesn't typically look like this unless there was prior leaf damage under the canopy.
In My Opinion.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Agree, and he says several times that it only happens under those particular lights, & that's the gist of my point, again.

Regardless, glad to see you around more Jim, hope you feeling better!
Thank you @Beachwalker ... it's very good to be able to be here. You don't think much about dying until you either die and come back, or nearly died. I decided to come back, but it has been more than a walk in the park! In any event, I'm here to write another post and hopefully help another grower, although it can sometimes be a thankless way of donating your time and experience. Keep up the good posts!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you @Beachwalker ... it's very good to be able to be here. You don't think much about dying until you either die and come back, or nearly died. I decided to come back, but it has been more than a walk in the park! In any event, I'm here to write another post and hopefully help another grower, although it can sometimes be a thankless way of donating your time and experience. Keep up the good posts!
Don't I know it! LOL You're in my prayers friend, keep getting better! 😎👍

Frenchie

Frenchie

Thanks everyone for the help. This forum is awesome.

I think it’s the light and intensity. All the other strains I’ve ran under these lights are fine. So maybe this strain and LEDs don’t work well together.

Top Bottom