What Did I Do Wrong? Only Yielded 7oz

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That would surprise me. Dispensary concentrates here, only get to maybe 80%. They are now all trim run and I haven't bought in over a yr, but what I bought was just OK..not great imo.
I also find the better results with dried bud at 62% RH,,(Not cured yet). It is sometimes a bit runny, but the freezer makes it all good again.

I haven't had much experience with dispensary rosin, only BHO. While I have found that most BHO I've tried is very powerful, the rosin I've pressed has been only slightly less potent than most, but stronger than more than a few. If I press with low heat it gives the potency and terps even more of a boost. Low heat rosin is beautiful waxy stuff with great terps and potency but it leaves a bit of fatty residual when dabbed and reduces recovery percentages dramatically. Sometimes I'll do the first press low and a second press with more heat to recover the rest.

It’s only my second grow so I got learning to do but the plant should be legit I got it off a reputable seed bank and the flowering took forever so it’s definitely a sativa.

So you know, I looked up the strain to see if what cemchris said was true. Apparently, it was. If it is Neville's Haze it's an extreme variation in pheno. I think it's more likely that your breeder either sent you the wrong beans or outright lied. Either way, the faults not on you and it's still a beautiful plant.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I haven't had much experience with dispensary rosin, only BHO. While I have found that most BHO I've tried is very powerful, the rosin I've pressed has been only slightly less potent than most, but stronger than more than a few. If I press with low heat it give the potency and terps even more of a boost. Low heat rosin is beautiful waxy stuff with great terps and potency but it leaves a bit of fatty residual when dabbed and reduces recovery percentages dramatically. Sometimes I'll do the first press low and a second press with more heat to recover the rest.

So you know, I looked up the strain to see if what cemchris said was true. Apparently, it was. If it is Neville's Haze it's an extreme variation in pheno. I think it's more likely that your breeder either sent you the wrong beans or outright lied. Either way, the faults not on you.
Problem here is that with many strains, pressing lower than 200F results in a budder that I am not happy with..For my current press..220d F is about perfect. I haven't bought any dispensary stuff in a long time, but I need to go to one soon as my dog is about to be spayed and is super hyper. (they carry pet CBD drops) I would make her something, but dosing is a major problem, and I would never mess with her.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Problem here is that with many strains, pressing lower than 200F results in a budder that I am not happy with..For my current press..220d F is about perfect. I haven't bought any dispensary stuff in a long time, but I need to go to one soon as my dog is about to be spayed and is super hyper. (they carry pet CBD drops) I would make her something, but dosing is a major problem, and I would never mess with her.

I usually press at 93C(199F). It seems like the sweet spot with my press. I drop it to 83C(181F) to make wax. I agree with you. I think the wax is better if it's going to be used in a food product. Some strains I've grown I make wax out of to preserve those beautiful terps despite the residual they leave in the nail.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I usually press at 93C(199F). It seems like the sweet spot with my press. I drop it to 83C(181F) to make wax. I agree with you. I think the wax is better if it's going to be used in a food product. Some strains I've grown I make wax out of to preserve those beautiful terps despite the residual they leave in the nail.
Not sure if they sell it where you live, but Oil Eater is fantastic for cleaning leftover crap..I use an old ultrasonic cleaner with that and my quartz looks new again.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Not sure if they sell it where you live, but Oil Eater is fantastic for cleaning leftover crap..I use an old ultrasonic cleaner with that and my quartz looks new again.

I either torch it then scrape out the ash or use alcohol. I use alcohol and salt to clean my glassware. Alcohol by itself will work but it takes a while to soak. Coarse salt cleans it immediately. I'm not worried about looks, only function. I get my nails for around $5 so no reason to treat them gently.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I either torch it then scrape out the ash or use alcohol. I use alcohol and salt to clean my glassware. Alcohol by itself will work but it takes a while to soak. Coarse salt cleans it immediately. I'm not worried about looks, only function. I get my nails for around $5 so no reason to treat them gently.
I use an enail, so the banger needs a shelf for the coil to rest on..I rotate 3 bangers now (no metal..quartz only) and after 3 months..they are still clean..Unfortunately I can't get them locally, so I go to fleabay.
Like this one 9I pay $13 usd for them,,USA made too..not imported like this one)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I use an enail, so the banger needs a shelf for the coil to rest on..I rotate 3 bangers now (no metal..quartz only) and after 3 months..they are still clean..Unfortunately I can't get them locally, so I go to fleabay.
Like this one 9I pay $13 usd for them,,USA made too..not imported like this one)

That's sucks you can't shop local. If you don't mind, what's your country? My state is still fairly new to legal weed (20yrs+ med, 1yr rec) but my city/county has been growing/exporting for several generations. It's completely alien to me for weed and it's utensils to be less than easily accessible. Even in my 20's, when it was 100% illegal, we had underground head shops and blowers making deliveries with suitcases full of glass. We didnt have all the cool new toys but we did have lots of "water pipes (for tobacco use only)" being sold in "must be over 18yrs" backrooms of smoke shops and clothing stores.

I use males so they fit my bongs.
S l400 1

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That's sucks you can't shop local. If you don't mind, what's your country? My state is still fairly new to legal weed (20yrs+ med, 1yr rec) but my city/county has been growing/exporting for several generations. It's completely alien to me for weed and it's utensils to be less than easily accessible. Even in my 20's, when it was 100% illegal, we had underground head shops and blowers making deliveries with suitcases full of glass. We didnt have all the cool new toys but we did have lots of "water pipes (for tobacco use only)" being sold in "must be over 18yrs" backrooms of smoke shops and clothing stores.

I use one of these so it fits my bongs.
View attachment 855210
Nevada USA..We are recreationally legal and I also have an MMJ card. There are a bunch of head shops here (Reno), and they all carry glass etc..some are huge but they do not carry a banger specifically for an enail coil..tons of "normal" ones..even thermal bangers, but I love my enail..When I asked why..no one would comment..It is also semi-impossible to locate a 14mm to 14mm male to female adapter or dropdown. Lots of others..but not that one (I stopped looking after a yr..on line is cheaper anyway)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Nevada USA..We are recreationally legal and I also have an MMJ card. There are a bunch of head shops here (Reno), and they all carry glass etc..some are huge but they do not carry a banger specifically for an enail coil..tons of "normal" ones..even thermal bangers, but I love my enail..When I asked why..no one would comment..It is also semi-impossible to locate a 14mm to 14mm male to female adapter or dropdown. Lots of others..but not that one (I stopped looking after a yr..on line is cheaper anyway)

Sh*t, I'm just over the hill from ya. OK, I know what you're going (or used to go) through. My mom lives in NV and I lived in Hawthorne for a time in my 20's.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Sh*t, I'm just over the hill from ya. OK, I know what you're going (or used to go) through. My mom lives in NV and I lived in Hawthorne for a time in my 20's.
Hawthorne?????? Yikes..so much old munitions there..The military is all over that town and with good reason. I used to commute from Reno to LV weekly (the company paid..LOL) and flying over Hawthorne was quite a trip!
I retired yrs ago from the gaming business (upper lever) and even today..use weed and you are done! It was a case of the $$ or the weed..I went for the cash. Now its for both and medicinally, and I am in need.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hawthorne?????? Yikes..so much old munitions there..The military is all over that town and with good reason. I used to commute from Reno to LV weekly (the company paid..LOL) and flying over Hawthorne was quite a trip!
I retired yrs ago from the gaming business (upper lever) and even today..use weed and you are done! It was a case of the $$ or the weed..I went for the cash. Now its for both and medicinally, and I am in need.

Yeah, man. You had the harshest weed laws in the country. I'm still trippin you guys adopted rec weed laws so quickly. It's pretty awesome actually. It'd be a blast to play blackjack baked. Though maybe i shouldn't scratch that itch. Hehe. Dont have the scrill to play like I used to.

Hawthorne died when the Navy left. I heard somethin about money comin back in recently. Half the place was for sale. It'd be perfect for a corp to turn into a factory town.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah, man. You had the harshest weed laws in the country. I'm still trippin you guys adopted rec weed laws so quickly. It's pretty awesome actually. It'd be a blast to play blackjack baked. Though maybe i shouldn't scratch that itch. Hehe. Dont have the scrill to play like I used to.

Hawthorne died when the Navy left. I heard somethin about money comin back in recently. Half the place was for sale. It'd be perfect for a corp to turn into a factory town.
That's only because we got CALIFORNIAICATED!!!! Keeps my property values up..LMAO

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Wow that kinda pisses me off to spend $100 on seeds to send me false ones. Never going back to the MSNL seed bank again.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Wow that kinda pisses me off to spend $100 on seeds to send me false ones. Never going back to the MSNL seed bank again.
I have run beans from MSNL with no issues..their CS is also excellent imo. These days though, I am staying local (USA seed banks).

gwheels

gwheels

We cant get them in Canada either but...I ordered 70 seeds yesterday so apparently no one cares :D

70 seeds from a Canadian seed bank (canuck seeds) 5 canuck pucks (jack herer cheese kusy kush and gg4 15of each) and freebies for 450 CDN delivered with insurances should the post pilfer them.

60 are sold for 450 and the 10 are a finders fee :D the hoard grew to 75 personal seeds

Last edited:
Top Bottom