R

Raf20058

Strain: kalinga sativa.
No nutes added
Outdoor grow
Soil: potting soil mix with worm cast and manure
Water it once or twice a da
3 weeks old.

Can someone tell what happen to my plant. its first true leaves are turning yellow to brown I already cut one of the leaves cause it was really dry thanks in advance

IMG20220331131610
IMG20220331131539
GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Plants often cannibalize lower leaves, maybe do a light feed or tea but really nothing to worry about.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Looks maybe a little dry and definitely seems to need some fertilizer of some sort. Basically looks ok but hungry.

R

Raf20058

They were two plants. The other one grow weird by the way having 4 sets of leaves per node and he grow two nodes i didnt even cut the top of it.
Thanks in advance

IMG20220331161430
IMG20220331161557
R

Raf20058

The only cause that im thinking is to much heat because it was getting from 6am to 6pm of direct sunlight.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You're not watering properly.

1. It looks like you're watering the plant right around the stem. That will give you a small, weak plant. When you water, you need to get ALL the soil wet. A plant root will not grow into dry soil, so any dry soil in your pot is a waste of space.
2. Stop watering several times a day. Cannabis likes plenty of oxygen in its soil. Water displaces oxygen. Water so the entire pot of soil is damp, then DON'T WATER AGAIN until the pot starts feeling light in a few days. For a plant this size in a pot that size, it could be a week between waterings.

One of the worst things to do is pay too much attention to your plants, especially as a newbie. Your plant doesn't need you, most of the time.

R

Raf20058

You're not watering properly.

1. It looks like you're watering the plant right around the stem. That will give you a small, weak plant. When you water, you need to get ALL the soil wet. A plant root will not grow into dry soil, so any dry soil in your pot is a waste of space.
2. Stop watering several times a day. Cannabis likes plenty of oxygen in its soil. Water displaces oxygen. Water so the entire pot of soil is damp, then DON'T WATER AGAIN until the pot starts feeling light in a few days. For a plant this size in a pot that size, it could be a week between waterings.

One of the worst things to do is pay too much attention to your plants, especially as a newbie. Your plant doesn't need you, most of the time.
Thanks for responding , I try to dig the soil to put manure again and i see the soil is still moist. Should I water it tommorow or should i just wait for another couple of days? Thanks.

R

Raf20058

Also the first leaves is dying already. some other already says that it's normal but I also want to hear it to another person just to make sure tia :)

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What I would do is water it thoroughly and don't water again until it needs it (it will be getting dry).

Yes, the plant will draw nutrients from the lower leaves, but lower leaves also die when you overwater.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I bought the soil (pic below) and mix it with loam soil , vermicast and cow manure.
Hey raf , I would back off on the cow manure , your mix is already blended with a decent amount of manure , your mix / medium is too dense in my opinion , i would add a lot , like 20 % " perlite" to your mix and re plant it
Perlite can be purchased easily , it adds drainage which looks to me like the " root" of your problem

R

Raf20058

Hey raf , I would back off on the cow manure , your mix is already blended with a decent amount of manure , your mix / medium is too dense in my opinion , i would add a lot , like 20 % " perlite" to your mix and re plant it
Perlite can be purchased easily , it adds drainage which looks to me like the " root" of your problem.
Can i still use the soil and mix perlite or should i make a new mix without cow manure? Yes they have plenty drainage whole I bought them in a garden shop btw thanks for responding

R

Raf20058

Remake the soil. Add a lot of perlite and break down the solid clumps to fine material. Don’t let the soil dry out like the pics above that’s too dry. Water the whole pot also
Thanks for helping , wish my plant to get well. Ill update as soon as the plant recover.

Latest posts

Top Bottom