DSCF6028
DSCF6029
StillCap0
StillCap1
FIGHT!

This was not manicured.

jtrey

jtrey

water is a solvent, but not for oil which is what a tricome is comprised of. you literally couldnt dissolve thc in water if you had a million years, thats how ice water extractions work. i would be curious to see what buds sprayed with iso look like under a microscope. 30 second iso washes sure produce a result for making hash. also alcohol doesnt speed the evaporation of water, so.
iso I would say is a no no.. like they said iso is a solvent but water is not.... the only thing soluble in water is chlorophyll . I did however just see a youtube vid of cervantes dunking his buds in hydrogen peroxide to kill mold shake em then throwing them in front of a fan for a day.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
iso I would say is a no no.. like they said iso is a solvent but water is not.... the only thing soluble in water is chlorophyll . I did however just see a youtube vid of cervantes dunking his buds in hydrogen peroxide to kill mold shake em then throwing them in front of a fan for a day.
Iso is fine. Water is a solvent, in fact, it's one of the most effective solvents on earth.
http://water.usgs.gov/edu/qa-solvent.html

And before you go yelling about not telling folks to do something, how about you try it yourself first, eh?

jtrey

jtrey

Iso is fine. Water is a solvent, in fact, it's one of the most effective solvents on earth.
http://water.usgs.gov/edu/qa-solvent.html

And before you go yelling about not telling folks to do something, how about you try it yourself first, eh?
thc is not water soluble. I have done thirty second iso washes to make hash... BOOOOOM stop spreading bad info your going to have some one drench their plant with iso and straight wash all the thc off of it ... ?!?!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thc is not water soluble. I have done thirty second iso washes to make hash... BOOOOOM stop spreading bad info your going to have some one drench their plant with iso and straight wash all the thc off of it ... ?!?!
No shit THC isn't water soluble. I've been doing this for years and it sure isn't my idea, I was taught by another old timer. My flowers test out 100% clean and nobody's complained about no trichomes or not gettin' high.

souf69

souf69

Now that is not how to treat a woman. I have treated a couple hundred trees with an ISO spray, no problems at all. Try not to soak the crap out of it, and no worries. Sometimes it's good to allow good info in your head, even if you already know it all.

jtrey

jtrey

Now that is not how to treat a woman. I have treated a couple hundred trees with an ISO spray, no problems at all. Try not to soak the crap out of it, and no worries. Sometimes it's good to allow good info in your head, even if you already know it all.[/QUOI am here to learn but that just does not sound right. esp. not diluting at all... do what you want with your plants but that sounds wrong to me just my opinion .....

souf69

souf69

All in the name of science IMO, if it works and it has been cited, tried, effective. Well fuck I give up! Horseses, waterses, drinksess

jtrey

jtrey

I could see spraying teens with a mild solution but using iso on full blown end of cycle as a solution for rain? I guess im a dumb ass or close minded for thinking thats a bad idea?

jtrey

jtrey

If it works it works .. The only thing cited was a link to water being a solvent.btw

souf69

souf69

If it works it works .. The only thing cited was a link to water being a solvent.btw
Shizzle, my point not really being iso for a rainwater issue. Iso mix can be used for way more than this, and further without major issues. In bloom, full bloom, veg, etc. About a pint iso to a gallon water. Peace out

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I could see spraying teens with a mild solution but using iso on full blown end of cycle as a solution for rain? I guess im a dumb ass or close minded for thinking thats a bad idea?
As a solution for what the rain may bring, it's very helpful in many scenarios. Think: contact time along with saturation levels. You're doing hash washes, which means you've got a large amount of iso in relation to plant material/trichomes, you know what 30 seconds in that rich wash can do. You may also know there's only so much the iso can pull out once *it* itself is saturated. That's also playing a role in iso applications to live plants in full flower. If using pure iso and misting, it evaporates incredibly quickly, so even if it were melting the trichomes, where would the melted bits go?

Make sense?

My own goal is mainly to prevent such huge losses from moisture-caused molding, because if it's bad enough grown men cry.

badger999

badger999

We have always built a PVC structure off the cage, then cover with a 20 foot x 20 foot piece of 3 mil plastic. Use a rake or a stick to vault the plastic up over structure, but before you pull the plastic you should use some wide green tying tape. Ty it to the cage about waist high, work your way around the tree lifting all the branches, and wrapping the tape just snug enough to hold everything up and together. This really works, even without the plastic, just tying them up keeps a lot of water off of the tree.

Top Bottom