what do you cure in?

• Thread starter jimbaloo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jimbaloo

I've always used glass jars...my buddy uses cans, and I've heard of plastic being used. Anyone tried anything other than glass?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I have always used glass jars.. Air tight is Ideal>>>>With the daily burping:)

:passingjoint:

gtd

N

Nooz

Always glass jars but when they'r full or broken i use ironbags.
med_gallery_11071_4589_672083.jpg

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

yeah i use glass..I have tried tuppaware containers but dont care for the taste..But I do use topaware for the long term storage seems to be fine..but for the cure...GLASS all the way..take care and be safe..

:passingjoint:

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
as far as finish curing i always do in glass....after hang my plants for about 4~5 days depending on temp/humidity, i usually use either paper bags for next 24~48 hours or i use cardboard shoe boxes (keep all my shoe boxes for this reason). then into glass jars for a few weeks opening them for brief moments a few times through out the day.:RastaBong:

P

phillygrower

^^^Yea that is the way...I have tried tupperware during my first harvest because I did not have enough jars..Please, DO NOT, make that mistake. It really does impart a less then ideal flavor. It make cost $20-30$ but buying a few extra large glass mason jars is the best way to go...just dont forget to burp

deacon1503

deacon1503

check out mediwarez.com for a good selection of food grade air and water tight glass jars. Its a small company that is ready to grow here in MI!

waayne

waayne

jimbaloo,I cure large amounts in a stainless steel cabinet that I open up a few times a day to ventilate.Tastes as clean as glass!

C

CAPO

check out mediwarez.com for a good selection of food grade air and water tight glass jars. Its a small company that is ready to grow here in MI!

Seriously Deacon?......your prices aren't that great, starting at $5 for a 2 liqoz. jar. Why do you think people will over-pay you for simple glass jars?

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Tell'in it like it is

Like your style CAPO, mason jars for me-last forever (unless you break them) and you can buy new lids if needed

mal

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Paper bags, down in the basement. Optimal temps and humidity (stays very cool, around 50F, and RH is always 60%-65%). I recently found a grocery bag full of some weed from last year that I'd forgotten about. She was pretty good a month into that cure, but was actually much better after rediscovery.

I forget to burp the jars and I've lost too much weed to mold in the jars. Everything stays in the basement in the bags now, until it comes upstairs with me for smoking.

Blaze

Blaze

Glass jars for personal, with vac bags for larger amount is the way to go. Any sort of soft plastic like tupperware, zip-locks, etc. will impart a nasty flavor and smell after a while.

Burping is also completely unneeded if it is dried properly to begin with.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Turkey sized oven bags once things are nice and dry. Tie em up really good and no smell escapes at all. Open em up evey few days at first, then you can let them sit a good while. At least if they have to sit around awhile ;-)

fractal

fractal

Turkey bags work great for curing if you have a drawer to throw them in, or turkey bag inside a plastic container is a good alternative to glass only because glass can break. But mason jars are hard to beat for small amounts, I'm looking for some giant pickle jars or something that could hold around 250g.

djstiks

djstiks

i'm looking for big big jars. some where in the 5 gallon range. 5 gallon mason jars if they make them. anyone know where?

J

Jalisco Kid

For large containers I use air tight large 30lb dog food containers. JK

F

fishcabo

Order one gallon jars online. They work great for 3-4 zips each. Always have 8 around to use for different strains.

T

TheSeedstress

i'm looking for big big jars. some where in the 5 gallon range. 5 gallon mason jars if they make them. anyone know where?

This is the biggest jar I've found to use...I absolutely adore the products offered through this company. I'm sure you can contact them re: special orders, Brian is super friendly and probably would do an order without any printing for less money (and could possibly find you the jar size your looking for). All of the jars are air tight and make that "pawp" sound when you open then...well, at least for 400+ pulls (I've only had mine a year or so).

http://www.420jars.com/gallon_stash_jar.html

G

graphicv9

i love these jars from target. same brand as the two post above me.

don't spend the 64 bucks at 420jars, just go to target

Top Bottom