What do you light your mothers under?

• Thread starter Purpstickipunch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

I just wanted to know a variety of bulbage that people are using to house their mommies under. When you look at department stores and all the bulbs you can go with it gets confusing.

Im looking for a cfl light not a metal hailde. Basicaly Im looking for something cheap but durable for mommies.

Thanks
Purp

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I just wanted to know a variety of bulbage that people are using to house their mommies under. When you look at department stores and all the bulbs you can go with it gets confusing.

Im looking for a cfl light not a metal hailde. Basicaly Im looking for something cheap but durable for mommies.

Thanks
Purp

Great question, Purp. We're on the same wavelength. I've got mine under 8 4' t8s. They seem to be doing fine. Thinking about throwing 2 more runs of t8s for a total of 16 which would basically fill my 4x4 with t8 lighting. I think the temp of the flouros is 4100k. Plants are healthy and green, and growing pretty slowly, which I want.

I too, would love to hear what other people think.

outwest

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
16 t8s should work pretty dang well in a 4x4 area...i have ran 9 62watt cfls= 900 watts, for 24 hours a day at 6months before they started to burn up and go out.

philly kush

philly kush

Great question, Purp. We're on the same wavelength. I've got mine under 8 4' t8s. They seem to be doing fine. Thinking about throwing 2 more runs of t8s for a total of 16 which would basically fill my 4x4 with t8 lighting. I think the temp of the flouros is 4100k. Plants are healthy and green, and growing pretty slowly, which I want.

outwest
Im with u O W Ive bin kepping my moms under t8s now for about 3 years now n they r doin just fine thier nice n happy,i also use them for cloning too.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I found a 1 part organic bottled veg nute that I plan to use in a pretty week mix supplementing with caps bennies. Should keep em health and growing slowly. They look great so far and they've only eaten what's in the soil. :)

outwest

green punk

green punk

It depends on what you have planned. Are you looking to maintain a few small ladies, or are you looking at starting an army. T5s or 125w upto 200w CFL for maintenance, 1000w halides for replicating multiple copies. Also when taking your cuts take solid top branches thick as a pencil, don't do that weak ass from the lower spindly shit. Some will say the little stuff roots quicker, possibly, but the larger ones are much closer to becoming the plant you want to flower. The trade off isn't even close.

Reactions: mal
420alldaze

420alldaze

cfls and flouros work great! ive had very impressive healthy growth with one cfl over top of my 3 1/2 foot chem plant and she loved it. i built a light bank out of t 12 s and t 8s that i had lying around. works really good also. 42o

Chobble

Chobble

outwest

Most I've fit is 18 of my bonsai mothers under the 4x2 T5 hood. I currently have 2 running under two T5 bulbs and growth seems to be just fine, Mothers dont actually need that much light they'll just grow with 1K-3K lumens (Which is what a T5 bulb produces at 1 foot).

Incoming WOOP WOOP MH person? Or has that happend? Unless you have 4000-5000 Watts of flowering, a MH is a complete waste...

Chobble

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

According to quantums website an 8 bulb t5 uses 2.5 amps at 240 and 5.0 at 120amps,a 1000w metal halide uses like 4-4.5 amps at 240 if im not mistaken but will light a much bigger area than a t5 will.We have 2 8 bulb t5s and a couple with 2 and 4 bulbs also and are happy but i will be trying out the 1000 theory soon to see if i can use less amps to get a better return,1-1000 in an a wing to light an 8x8 and also reap some other benefits too,i got these ideas from some of dankworths postings(im not that smart,lol).The setup well be doing this with is 1-8x8 veg room feeding two 4k flowers on a flip though,i can definitely see an advantage if you have a smaller setup just running 1-8bulb t5.For me its all about energy consumption vs yield/quality,this is a very interesting thread for me anyways as veg is such a huge part of the equation.

Unit541

Unit541

My moms live under a T5 also. I run the Quantum 4 foot 6 bulb, but only run 2 bulbs for moms. About a week before taking clones, I flip on the other 4 bulbs and they really take off. If I'm not going to be taking any clones for a while, they get a T8 shop light instead.

IMAG0025
IMAG0026

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Wow sweet, I didnt think this would get that much attention. Thanks guys! I appreciate all the good info.

OutWest - sounds like a lot of cordage? Is it? Sucks Im running from one main outlet... ekkkkkk
Nebs - thanks man, ill have to check it out. I don't understand why when you try to search the sites forums you end up getting some bunk shit that you posted or some random threads. Ill check it out thanks.
Unit- I like your set up for the mommies, looks nice and clean not to clutter fucked. Thats what i like!
Chobble - we must be nice to all incomers :) they are here to learn too. Either way I don't find it nessecary to place a couple mommies under a 1000w MH, seems expensive and redundant.
Green Punk- I can see where you would want to cut out time but the larger the stem the more problems it has rooting. I used to work in a plant nursery 'propigation' to be exact. The strong thick stems are harder to root then the green stems. Always stick with the green stems. Anything brown will just die off.
420daze- sweet! I was wondering if anyone was still using t12s. :) My book said they are becoming the less choice of cheap lights because of the awkward bulbs or space fittings.
Fishwhistle - yeah sounds like you have a lot of space to work with I can see where energy consumption would be main priority, it be mine if i had a huge space....thats coming though :D

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Hey Purps. I started a thread on that subject a few days ago here link.
I got some good suggestions. Looked around on Craigslist, but since fluros are so cheap, I think I will just go pick some up at Home D.
Nebs did you get any and if you did how many bulbs are you going to have in that one room? Im still pretty fuckin lost on where to take this.

Lets settle it like this guys, if you had a 4x1.5-2 space, you had 100 dollars to play with what would you put there? The t5 light setup looks awesome but they are about 150-200 dollars..whew.... thats a little much for me. What I want out of this space is a couple of places for some mommies, and a small cloning area.

Chobble

Chobble

Wow sweet, I didnt think this would get that much attention. Thanks guys! I appreciate all the good info.

OutWest - sounds like a lot of cordage? Is it? Sucks Im running from one main outlet... ekkkkkk
Nebs - thanks man, ill have to check it out. I don't understand why when you try to search the sites forums you end up getting some bunk shit that you posted or some random threads. Ill check it out thanks.
Unit- I like your set up for the mommies, looks nice and clean not to clutter fucked. Thats what i like!
Chobble - we must be nice to all incomers :) they are here to learn too. Either way I don't find it nessecary to place a couple mommies under a 1000w MH, seems expensive and redundant.
Green Punk- I can see where you would want to cut out time but the larger the stem the more problems it has rooting. I used to work in a plant nursery 'propigation' to be exact. The strong thick stems are harder to root then the green stems. Always stick with the green stems. Anything brown will just die off.
420daze- sweet! I was wondering if anyone was still using t12s. :) My book said they are becoming the less choice of cheap lights because of the awkward bulbs or space fittings.
Fishwhistle - yeah sounds like you have a lot of space to work with I can see where energy consumption would be main priority, it be mine if i had a huge space....thats coming though :D

I dont see how you got me being rude to any new comers :? I just always get flamed when I say T5's are better, there are atleast two replys telling me the benefits of a MH light, been there done that.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

I dont see how you got me being rude to any new comers :? I just always get flamed when I say T5's are better, there are atleast two replys telling me the benefits of a MH light, been there done that.

I was being sarcastic, hence theyre here to learn too.... nvm... its hard to be sarcastic over the internet.

Chobble

Chobble

I was being sarcastic, hence theyre here to learn too.... nvm... its hard to be sarcastic over the internet.

I just asked because someone sent me a PM saying I was rude, Definately though T5's are a sweet set up. If you have 200$ to blow get a hood, It has all the Bulbs included and a warranty, Along with switches to turn half the lights off, Incase you only need half of em.

8 bulb 4x2 hood = ~ 200$

(I've Found them much cheaper then that, Got mine for 190$ with a discount from the local hydro store)

Ill take a picture of my setup and show you, I have 4 bulbs running now instead of 8. Cuts power usage inhalf again so you dont have to run it 100%

Chobble

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

I just asked because someone sent me a PM saying I was rude, Definately though T5's are a sweet set up. If you have 200$ to blow get a hood, It has all the Bulbs included and a warranty, Along with switches to turn half the lights off, Incase you only need half of em.

8 bulb 4x2 hood = ~ 200$

(I've Found them much cheaper then that, Got mine for 190$ with a discount from the local hydro store)

Ill take a picture of my setup and show you, I have 4 bulbs running now instead of 8. Cuts power usage inhalf again so you dont have to run it 100%

Chobble

Lol no dude you're fine I being a smartass towards him actually. Shame on me, but I wouldn't buy 1000w MH for my mummies. I mean if the space is big enough yeah sure but mines not. I already have a 400w hps, looking to go 1000w hps for flowering neverming a 1000w MH..theres no point in it.... hence rendundant. Eitherway though I wouldn't worry about being rude, you were just making some fun cause yes I have seen people slammed because they use cfls, or t4-12s. I saw a badass grow veg through finish and dude his shit came out plump... yummmm. I honestly dont care how its done... just as long as its done the best way possible, at an affordable cost-cause lets remember, were doing this cause we hate bullshit prices.....unless you live in a blessed part of the country then you are doing for a living in that case you suck my dogs balls... LMFAO, and efficiently as possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom