What do you light your mothers under?

• Thread starter Purpstickipunch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
My moms live under a T5 also. I run the Quantum 4 foot 6 bulb, but only run 2 bulbs for moms. About a week before taking clones, I flip on the other 4 bulbs and they really take off. If I'm not going to be taking any clones for a while, they get a T8 shop light instead.

View attachment 219446 View attachment 219447
bro you need to come tend to this mommy im growing...i just took 11 cuts and you cant even tell

Unit541

Unit541

Lets settle it like this guys, if you had a 4x1.5-2 space, you had 100 dollars to play with what would you put there? The t5 light setup looks awesome but they are about 150-200 dollars..whew.... thats a little much for me. What I want out of this space is a couple of places for some mommies, and a small cloning area.

Well it would depend on the height I had available, but in a 4x2 space and $100 I'd go with a 48" 2-bulb T8 shop light for like $24 at Home Depot. In here I could get 2 or 3 mothers and a tray of clones comfortably. T5's have been proven to be a little slower in rooting clones in my experience, and you want your moms stalled-out most of the time anyway.

I love the T5's for Veg, but a bit on the intense side for mothers and cloning.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

''Lets settle it like this guys, if you had a 4x1.5-2 space, you had 100 dollars to play with what would you put there? The t5 light setup looks awesome but they are about 150-200 dollars..whew.... thats a little much for me. What I want out of this space is a couple of places for some mommies, and a small cloning area.[/quote]''

Dude,given those parameters id jump right on craigslist until i found a nice used t5 setup on the cheap!

Reactions: mal
ethnoman

ethnoman

I use a 250w or 400w MH generally, depending on the number of plants I'm keeping at the time.

Chobble

Chobble

'
Lets settle it like this guys, if you had a 4x1.5-2 space, you had 100 dollars to play with what would you put there? The t5 light setup looks awesome but they are about 150-200 dollars..whew.... thats a little much for me. What I want out of this space is a couple of places for some mommies, and a small cloning area.
''

Dude,given those parameters id jump right on craigslist until i found a nice used t5 setup on the cheap!

Exactly!

Also what are you going to do get a MH system for 100 dollars?...

Chobble

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter

2 4' 4 lamp flouro shoplights from home depot. $50 a piece. I think 10 bulbs was $9. The only disadvantage compared to a t5 is that you have 2 separate lights, need 2 separate hangers, etc. . I'm going to try to fix mine together somehow.

outwest

Chobble

Chobble

2 4' 4 lamp flouro shoplights from home depot. $50 a piece. I think 10 bulbs was $9. The only disadvantage compared to a t5 is that you have 2 separate lights, need 2 separate hangers, etc. . I'm going to try to fix mine together somehow.

outwest

You can get T5 fixtures for 10$ bulbs are 9-10$ Its worth the money imo, Best fluro. I have used school fluros ;) (To grow tomato's actually :D)

Chobble

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

SWEET! I LOVE YOU GUYS! BASICALLY THE ONLY BASTARDS THAT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!

Anyways your not bastards... but you all are so helpful!! Thanks so much!

Chobble

Chobble

Here are a few shots of my bonsai mothers, They're kicking it under two T5's right now and are doing great, They both recently got cut all the way back to the stems I live on.

My set up atm is under my 8 bulb T5, I have the two on the left and right on and the 4 middle ones off, I have plants under both in rows. It works really well when starting seedlings etc. Check out my journal, I fit a shit ton under there :P

Chobble

DSC02814
DSC02815
DSC02816
skuzz99

skuzz99

outwest

ive used the same b4. got em cheap off ebay so cost me virtually nuthin. now i prefer mh but the fluros did work

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

ive used the same b4. got em cheap off ebay so cost me virtually nuthin. now i prefer mh but the fluros did work

Yeah the fluros are more what I want. I am thinking of moving within the next year or so. I live in a really small apartment, atm. Which is why I want a flower tent because when I do move, no matter what the space, how many rooms I will always have a light leaked proof room. Period. So if you check out my lastest post in my grow forum, I have reconstructed the room so its more efficient for venteliation and it plain and simple looks more tidy. the 48' shop lights are what I am thinkin of for my home now, but when I move and get more space thats when the bigger veg lights will come. For now its gonna be fluros and a badass flower light.

I am thinking of trying out LEDs not only do they look cool but they have built-in fan systems which is an advantage over HPS. Sorry peeps but it does.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Here are a few shots of my bonsai mothers, They're kicking it under two T5's right now and are doing great, They both recently got cut all the way back to the stems I live on.

My set up atm is under my 8 bulb T5, I have the two on the left and right on and the 4 middle ones off, I have plants under both in rows. It works really well when starting seedlings etc. Check out my journal, I fit a shit ton under there :p

Chobble

Aw they look so healthy! Very nice!

skuzz99

skuzz99

Yeah the fluros are more what I want. I am thinking of moving within the next year or so. I live in a really small apartment, atm. Which is why I want a flower tent because when I do move, no matter what the space, how many rooms I will always have a light leaked proof room. Period. So if you check out my lastest post in my grow forum, I have reconstructed the room so its more efficient for venteliation and it plain and simple looks more tidy. the 48' shop lights are what I am thinkin of for my home now, but when I move and get more space thats when the bigger veg lights will come. For now its gonna be fluros and a badass flower light.

I am thinking of trying out LEDs not only do they look cool but they have built-in fan systems which is an advantage over HPS. Sorry peeps but it does.

u got a plan bro! havin a tent is the way to go for convenience n stealth
4ft shop lights r good cuz u can get em so cheap 2.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Outwest you should check out my grow... look what you inspired!!!

Top Bottom