What do you think my deficiency is?

• Thread starter Theknowledgeplague
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I am victim of letting them dry out.. i don't really know what to do anymore i hope everything I did will help them get better,
Info about grow: RH 60-75 ph:6.2 but above ph 7 runoff water for some reason idk, strain Bubba Kush, medium canna coco bricks

What do you think my deficiency is
What do you think my deficiency is 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You have more than 1 thing going on -- related to your insane pH.

When you say the pH is 6.2 but it's over 7 running out the bottom of the pot, I assume you mean the irrigation water is 6.2. Your soil is way over 7, causing multiple problems with both mobile and immobile nutrients.

Get your soil pH down. that pH 6.2 irrigation water is not going to do it. Bring it down to about 5 until the soil slurry pH is in a reasonable range.

For soil slurry pH, take about 10 g of soil, mix it with 20-30 ml of distilled or RO water and let it sit about 10-15 minutes. Then your pH meter into the water. This way, you can take pH any time, and not just when watering.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

How often do you water?
I water every second day but I had cut back abit because of my ph lockout, gonna be easier to drop ph if it's about dryer over it being saturated in high ph water and mystic I'll try your slurry method and come back with results I usually test the runoff water in my saucers and it always reads over ph7

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

If I water more often let's say at ph 6.0 would it slowly come to a reasonable number like water everyday at 5.8 till it's about 6.2-6.5

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I'm trying something new for me for food I'm trying organics with coco I know people blast me saying it's not gonna work with coco but so far all I'm seeing is people making simple mistakes with feed/waterings and if any mistakes are made usually if you are smart you went small over extreme so you can always brew a compost tea for some active micro

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I just needed to know my deficiency soo I don't make compost tea for the wrong things and also maybe a tip on my high ph issue before I give them a tea?

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Don is on point with his analyzation, you must first correct your PH before you can solve the rest of your problems, your PH being so high it will wreak havoc on your plants ability to uptake nutes creating the crazy looking plants. True compost tea is not really a N P K additive, its really about blooming forward billions of bacteria that die off and get consumed by the higher ups in the food chain. Adding a bunch of stuff beyond molasses and a lil fish only burns back your microbes, making a aerated nutrient solution. also compost tea is highly dependent on the quality of compost you start with, if you compost doesn't have the bennies your tea wont. Any over the counter compost will have been pasteurized, and in my experience is totally crap. Any over the counter composts or EWC are totally crap in my opinion. Check out a bag, read whats in it. A lot of them have peat and amendments mixed in and are manufactured with crappy precursor products like phone books and saw dust, making a poor quality compost that then they add some dry amendments into so it seems hot like compost should. The stuff that comes out of my worm bins is a whole world different that any EWC i have every bought including the 50$ bags of Roots Organic worm castings. Check out Tim Wilson.
Also you should read up on coco, aqua has a great thread about Coco..When growing in coco you must remember that your growing in a soilLESS media, essentially hydroponics and if you let it dry you get nute lock out. Read the thread for a better break down of what happens.
Organics is a relative term, Fox Farm trio is totally organic. Your going to encounter a bunch of different issues if your simply relying on compost tea as your primary source of nutrition. Some of the issues you will face will be related to how living your soil is, with out the proper amount of bennies your soil will not be able to celate or process raw nutrients at a fast pace.
What do you mean by organics? What kinda foods are you intending to use?
Now remember that all nutes get broken down to the same thing before a plant can uptake it, salts just skip the process that living soil goes thru in order to make the nutes bio available.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I'm using 4-4-4 Gaia green amendments with some castings and perlite in my coco and thanks guys you are an amazing bunch of people man I swear I didn't get all this info on RIU I will be on a quick run to fix my ph before doing anything else and I haven't given any teas yet because of my ph issues so in a way I kinda knew it was gonna be useless unless I bring my coco ph to a good level and zyme your a real help and like I said before going on with anything more Im gonna start to water every day at ph5.5 till my run off is a good 6.0-6.5 then I'll feed a tea for veg which will contain worm castings, kelp, guano, alfalfa meal and black strap molasses

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

No problem, i hope we get you on the right track. Keep us posted will ya? Its really good to get feed back helps us make sure our info is on point.
I would keep those nutes separate, guano scratches in very well and is readily available and is most likely to burn back you bennies, alfalfa and kelp are great stuff i really like to use em' you rockin some liquid kelp?
Heres a recipie that i love all credit to Clakamus Coot or Lumberdawgs
2 cups Alfalfa meal per 4 gal
2 tbs hydrated kelp paste per gal
And if your really feeling excitable you can put a TBS of molasses per gallon but its not really needed.
Bubble for 32-48hrs and then top off with a bit of Humic acid
It cuts out the part of buying over priced seaweed extracts and you get better nutrition from plant matter anyway. You can scratch in your bag of stuff after brewing. I really like to use it with some silica, for a root drench and at 1/2 dilution for foliar. Some good stuff.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I don't have silica and just by watering more frequently I'm getting better run off and I'll wait till tomorrow to check my run off after a couple of waterings I'll see if It's any better I just gave them water ph 5.8 twice and when I water tmro I'll check the runoff with a slurry

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Will my leafs come back or will they stay stay the way they arer

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Your new growth will be normal if the conditions are fixed but the old leaves will never recover. Your going to want to follow the PH instructions for at least a week to see if that solves the problem. Keep your eyes on the new growth for signs of recovery.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

It mainly hit the old growth the new growth is still looking okay and Soo far I've been keeping things waterd and I haven't checked my runoff yet I'm going to tonight when I water, I have a question I got a bottle of sensizym should I be using it I was told to only use it at flower?
20210209 001327
20210209 001925
20210209 001848

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Runoff ph reading 6.9 at 3 days in would it be bad if I tried running ph5 water for like 2 days to speed it up? I don't wanna hurt them by making it too acidic and also now I understand why you need to water almost daily with coco its faciniating that it's harder to drown them with this stuff, I mean not impossible but still really cool fact about it, isn't it bad to always have the top of the coco wet? Like attraction to fungal life or algae type stuff?

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

No problem, i hope we get you on the right track. Keep us posted will ya? Its really good to get feed back helps us make sure our info is on point.
I would keep those nutes separate, guano scratches in very well and is readily available and is most likely to burn back you bennies, alfalfa and kelp are great stuff i really like to use em' you rockin some liquid kelp?
Heres a recipie that i love all credit to Clakamus Coot or Lumberdawgs
2 cups Alfalfa meal per 4 gal
2 tbs hydrated kelp paste per gal
And if your really feeling excitable you can put a TBS of molasses per gallon but its not really needed.
Bubble for 32-48hrs and then top off with a bit of Humic acid
It cuts out the part of buying over priced seaweed extracts and you get better nutrition from plant matter anyway. You can scratch in your bag of stuff after brewing. I really like to use it with some silica, for a root drench and at 1/2 dilution for foliar. Some good stuff.
Once my girls are back on track I'll give them this tea for food that's bio ready, my question is can I add dry amendments at the same time because the amendments are not bio ready for like a week... Trying to stay on the safe side my goal is to bring them back and once they are back on track I'll give them a few week before flipping and keep a good regiment

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

And also I noted that I should use RO water if I wanna use it as a foiliar spray, I've never used foliar sprays but I'll give it a try i read that some foilar sprays can be good provention for pm and a source of nutrition for leafs?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Could be denitrifying bacteria raising the ph since you are using organics. Some decent advice up there, Id use enzymes also and feed lower ph at like 5.5 or so to drop it down, and feed often enough with enough runoff to prevent the bacteria from blooming and throwing the ph out of whack. Always keep coco wet, if it goes lighter brown its far too dry. Mature plants in coco can usually be watered at least once up to several times a day

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Could be denitrifying bacteria raising the ph since you are using organics. Some decent advice up there, Id use enzymes also and feed lower ph at like 5.5 or so to drop it down, and feed often enough with enough runoff to prevent the bacteria from blooming and throwing the ph out of whack. Always keep coco wet, if it goes lighter brown its far too dry. Mature plants in coco can usually be watered at least once up to several times a day
Okay I'll give 2ml per gal of sensizym and I've been watering at ph5.5 for the past couple of days and the ph is dropping slowly day by day.. and would I have this bacteria because of my lack of watering at the beginning?

Top Bottom