What do you think my deficiency is?

• Thread starter Theknowledgeplague
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Okay I'll give 2ml per gal of sensizym and I've been watering at ph5.5 for the past couple of days and the ph is dropping slowly day by day.. and would I have this bacteria because of my lack of watering at the beginning?

No the bacteria occurs naturally because of the presence of the organic sources of Nitrogen. IIrc denitrifying bacteria itself releases hydroxide ions that raise the ph, essentially making itself more comfortable, though I doubt thats why it does it. Nitrifying bacteria will lower ph by releasing nitrates when it consumes things like ammonia.
By watering the coco more frequently with a lower ph you delay or counteract the progression of any upward ph drift. Could also help to supplement with nitrifying bacteria.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

No the bacteria occurs naturally because of the presence of the organic sources of Nitrogen. IIrc denitrifying bacteria itself releases hydroxide ions that raise the ph, essentially making itself more comfortable, though I doubt thats why it does it. Nitrifying bacteria will lower ph by releasing nitrates when it consumes things like ammonia.
By watering the coco more frequently with a lower ph you delay or counteract the progression of any upward ph drift. Could also help to supplement with nitrifying bacteria.
What you mean by a supplement is something I can add organically to my coco and it would sorta buffer the ph to a more acidic ph

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

MicroBacter7 - Bacteria & Water Conditioner for Fish Tank or Aquarium, Populates Biological Filter Media for Saltwater and Freshwater (can I use this from Amazon) and also I'm noticing another discolouration happening only to 2 of them

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

new growth looking pretty good, a bit droopy but

can prolly be dialed with your watering. Color looks better. the droop and intense ridges indicates to me trouble aspirating, most likely issues with the roots but could be the environment as well. Do your plants perk up?

check this out

Enzymes? check out some Seed Sprouted teas much better and cheaper than whatever crap comes in a bottle.

But....Lets rap about soil science. In real true living soil there is a balance between bacteria and fungi and the plant, right? Coco is totally soilless... So therefor its missing all the vital components of true soil like the CEC and all the bennies and worms and fungi that would naturally occur. that means to run a organic system in coco you must take it upon yourself to create all of that within your coco..... few thoughts, raw nutes without the needed bennies and 'zymes will never be converted into bio avail nutes.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

can prolly be dialed with your watering. Color looks better. the droop and intense ridges indicates to me trouble aspirating, most likely issues with the roots but could be the environment as well. Do your plants perk up?

check this out

Enzymes? check out some Seed Sprouted teas much better and cheaper than whatever crap comes in a bottle.

But....Lets rap about soil science. In real true living soil there is a balance between bacteria and fungi and the plant, right? Coco is totally soilless... So therefor its missing all the vital components of true soil like the CEC and all the bennies and worms and fungi that would naturally occur. that means to run a organic system in coco you must take it upon yourself to create all of that within your coco..... few thoughts, raw nutes without the needed bennies and 'zymes will never be converted into bio avail nutes.
I've been watering once everyday at ph 5.5 and added enzymes to my water and my runoff is still at ph7 and I've been doing this for 4 days now but I added the enzymes last watering yesterday and the leafs were already like prior to that Soo maybe it's the plant reacting to the changes Im making and also I pulled one out to come to find out that they have been in 1gals for 2 weeks and the bottom is already covered in roots can that be my issue?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

check this out

Bennies appear on their own in the presence of organics, you dont necessarily need to add them although i dont think it hurts, especially with coco. And coco does have a cec. A pretty strong one actually, though its usually loaded with potassium.

And yeah SST works well too. I used to use malted barley tea quite a bit, but ive found enzyme komplete to be far more effective honestly. You can really see it go to work on salt buildups when you use it in a non organic system.

@Theknowledgeplague yeah Id transplant those to bigger containers for sure.That could totally be giving you problems.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Nope root bound shows up with a yellow leaf in the middle of the plant, but me personally would transplant asap, i like to go as soon as the roots hold the soil togher enough to transplant. consider putting some liming stuff into you new mix that will help out your PH issues. also seriously read about coco.
remember
proper planning and prevention prevents piss poor performance providing a plethora of purple pounds of pot!!!

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Nope root bound shows up with a yellow leaf in the middle of the plant, but me personally would transplant asap, i like to go as soon as the roots hold the soil togher enough to transplant. consider putting some liming stuff into you new mix that will help out your PH issues. also seriously read about coco.
remember
proper planning and prevention prevents piss poor performance providing a plethora of purple pounds of pot!!!
Wouldn't liming bring my ph up? I was thinking just soak a brick in RO water to have the best start possible if the water I use to wet the coco is at ph5.8 it should stay around that right? If not then I would consider adding something to my coco perlite mix to sorta bring that alkalinity down to a better range I'll do a series of tests what could I add to the coco mix to buffer pH to an acidic level

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

check this out

My plants naturally droop bit like 45mins before lights out and they are perked up when lights come on? Is that what you mean by perk up?

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Info bomb here of what I think went down this might help you guys elaborate my issue to another level.. jan29th I transplanted into 1gals but when i added water to the coco brick I think I forgot to ph down the water. Feb 1 I checked the runoff when I waterd and it was at 7.4 soo i cut back on watering because I'm stupid idk why seriously I didn't already have enough issues but I still gave them water but I treated them like if they where in soil.. and on Feb 4th all the issues boomed which is a combination of many things like you said ezenzym

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Your deficiency is in experience lol. You will get there, don't give up.
Trust me I wouldn't give up this easy haha just gotta figure out whats good for me like possibly keep the coco/perlite/Gaia mix but add a part super soil for the ph balance and stay organic honestly I don't see how that wouldn't be good

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Question... this is organic slow release ferts correct?

Adding any cal mag?

Water source?

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I'm bubbling out my tap water for 24-36hours which the ph sits at around 8 and I don't have a ppm meter yet it's still on the way from the company been waiting for ages but my it sais on my city's water treatment plants website 132mg/L it should be in the ball park of that

Top Bottom