What does Loompa use?

• Thread starter angry monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angry monkey

angry monkey

5x5 tent in a climate controlled room with 3 other tents the same size. 1000w bulbs. I grow in coco and use canna coco a+b and have been doing so since I started my legal career. It was a pack of yeti bx2. It was the only female I found in the pack.

Green Dot

Green Dot

Angry monkey, this was in no way a knock on your seeking of advice... It's perfectly fine to share knowledge and experiences.. But I'm just throwing my 2 cents at the whole equation to growing good weed.. I'm guilty myself, I learned the basics from various sources, then screwed up a whole bunch in between as I was just focusing on the details..

There are many ways to grow awesome weed.. Controlling the variables is the best point to start.. But then again, you have to learn the variables to your own environment the long way...

I probably couldn't grow an outdoor cannabis plant to save my life... My indoor formula, and everything I know about growing indoor weed would be useless..

Green Dot

Green Dot

I do not consider myself a master grower by any stretch of the imagination, but I found myself this weekend using your exact example of the marriage metaphor with the plants. Everyday is a commitment and I find myself making small tweaks every single day in their flowering cycle. Whether it be environmental ,nutrient, or even just staking or working branches through the scrog. Emotionally I am connected every single day to the plants and monitor them as such, checking leaves for signs of stress or positive growth, checking the coco, confirming runoff ph, etc. I call it the strategy of inches, that on their own this work does not seem like much, but when you add up all the inches, it adds a full grade to your final product.

Dead on my friend... It's a life style. It is that connection with your plants that is similar to the connection you have with your family. You wake up every single day with a 'to-do' list. There will be ups and downs every day.. The more you learn. The more foresight you will have to control variables.. Time and persistence will make you the best you can be, here really are no short cuts or silver bullets in the fine cannabis world

angry monkey

angry monkey

I have sought after loompas genetics for a large part of my life and finally obtaining them was to a pinnacle to me. I sought the advice to best mimic what the plant has already been established in as a base for me to tune my plant in. When growing her she acted nothing like he said, and I adjusted as needed. Truth be told she grows exactly like my blueberry headband and besides smell you couldn't tell them apart. But she showed no signs of any stress and showed no visible nanners. I sit in my garden for 6 hours a day going over my kids. I give them more love than most real children receive. I forget that people on a forum do not see the passion I have for what I do and easily take offense to comments.

I mean no disrespect as I have seen what you do and the knowledge you spread. As I said, I tend to go off the handle quickly.

angry monkey

angry monkey

I also forget to use the reply button so people know who I'm talking to.

Green Dot

Green Dot

Well with a name like angry monkey... Lol jk

I feel like the majority of folks seeking loompas gear already know what's up on the growing and genetics end of things... Not too many noobs have gone through the research to know that loompa farms is a honey hole for the super dank.

Post up some pics of your situation!

G

greyman41420

5x5 tent in a climate controlled room with 3 other tents the same size. 1000w bulbs. I grow in coco and use canna coco a+b and have been doing so since I started my legal career. It was a pack of yeti bx2. It was the only female I found in the pack.

I do not want to get ahead of loompa or greendot in offering suggestions as they are gonna be far ahead of me, but I can offer the following just based on my own experience. I grow in pure canna coco, use canna a/b as well and am running the bx2, so our systems have some similarities. May I ask what your temps were in the tent? I noticed that whenever pheno #7, #12, and #23 in my room hit 82 degrees, they would get super stressed out. Leaves would curl and it almost resembled a nitrogen toxicity. Well, low and behold, pheno #12 looks like it might shoot some bananas. I wasn't too upset as it wasn't in my running for keeper phenos, but I did take notice of it. So to come full circle, I am wondering if you maybe had a heat issue? I know my regular plants I run take 82 degrees with the co2 concentration and love it, where as a few of the yeti do not. Thats my 2 cents, maybe it helps, either way I wish you the best!

angry monkey

angry monkey

Well with a name like angry monkey... Lol jk

I feel like the majority of folks seeking loompas gear already know what's up on the growing and genetics end of things... Not too many noobs have gone through the research to know that loompa farms is a honey hole for the super dank.

Post up some pics of your situation!

Haha. Good point.

I'm not big on pics as I believe it led to me being robbed a few years back and lost genetics that can never be recovered.

angry monkey

angry monkey

I do not want to get ahead of loompa or greendot in offering suggestions as they are gonna be far ahead of me, but I can offer the following just based on my own experience. I grow in pure canna coco, use canna a/b as well and am running the bx2, so our systems have some similarities. May I ask what your temps were in the tent? I noticed that whenever pheno #7, #12, and #23 in my room hit 82 degrees, they would get super stressed out. Leaves would curl and it almost resembled a nitrogen toxicity. Well, low and behold, pheno #12 looks like it might shoot some bananas. I wasn't too upset as it wasn't in my running for keeper phenos, but I did take notice of it. So to come full circle, I am wondering if you maybe had a heat issue? I know my regular plants I run take 82 degrees with the co2 concentration and love it, where as a few of the yeti do not. Thats my 2 cents, maybe it helps, either way I wish you the best!

I run completely climate controlled. At no time do my temps go over 78 and below 69 in any of my tents. My relative humidity stays between 35-45. As for co2 it's at a constant 1500. My co2 setup needs to be modified so I can feed each tent a different ppm. As of now it feeds the main room and I use fans to circulate between the tents and room. While I'm sure it doesn't hurt, strains would most likely benefit from dialing it in better as it doesn't distribute equally. She never showed any signs of stress and was the beefiest bitch in the tent. Why I was stunned when beans started falling out.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Dead on my friend... It's a life style. It is that connection with your plants that is similar to the connection you have with your family. You wake up every single day with a 'to-do' list. There will be ups and downs every day.. The more you learn. The more foresight you will have to control variables.. Time and persistence will make you the best you can be, here really are no short cuts or silver bullets in the fine cannabis world

Well dam Green Dot..LOL, Sounds like we are the same. The absolute first thing I do every single morning, before I have coffee, before I take a shower, before I do everything, with the sleep still in my eyes, I roll into my rooms to make sure everything is is spot on. You get to a point where you dont have to pay as much attention to variables, when I walk into my room I look directly at my plants and they will tell me everything I need to know, just by their color, stature, what the leaves look like, etc.....you get to a point where you can read what variables are off just by looking at your plants.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I run completely climate controlled. At no time do my temps go over 78 and below 69 in any of my tents. My relative humidity stays between 35-45. As for co2 it's at a constant 1500. My co2 setup needs to be modified so I can feed each tent a different ppm. As of now it feeds the main room and I use fans to circulate between the tents and room. While I'm sure it doesn't hurt, strains would most likely benefit from dialing it in better as it doesn't distribute equally. She never showed any signs of stress and was the beefiest bitch in the tent. Why I was stunned when beans started falling out.

Well Ive read through everything and their is alot of great advice in the responces and I thank everyone who replied. Great info to be had with those replies.

Now in reply to what is going on with you. Boy, it sure sounds like you have things where they should be. And what a bummer that you only got One female from those Bx2's. I can absolutely understand your dissappointment and like I said, you seem to have things in good working order. As was stated earlier, my initial thought was heat, but if you have that dialed in, well now I'm a little perplexed. The possibility exists that the one female you got did have some hermi trait. Its bound to happen to someone somwhere with all of us going through this much stock. But Im still perplexed because I haven't heard anything like this to date and haven't seen it myself. I just started another test run of those Bx2's and I will deliberately stress them and see what happens. I also would like to replace that pack for you. I hate to see anyone having an experience like your having and lets see if I get you another pack and see if the same thing happens again. That would be a good experiment to start testing if it is in the genes or something else.

Feel free to post up pics also. In my experience, I dont worry about "nanners" as much as I worry about full on hanging balls. When nanners are thrown, they are usually locked up in the flower and are prevented from releasing their pollen, its when I see full balls and sacks that is a warning sign that something is wrong.

Green Dot

Green Dot

Well dam Green Dot..LOL, Sounds like we are the same. The absolute first thing I do every single morning, before I have coffee, before I take a shower, before I do everything, with the sleep still in my eyes, I roll into my rooms to make sure everything is is spot on. You get to a point where you dont have to pay as much attention to variables, when I walk into my room I look directly at my plants and they will tell me everything I need to know, just by their color, stature, what the leaves look like, etc.....you get to a point where you can read what variables are off just by looking at your plants.

exactly... You've been doing this for years so you likely have very few curve balls thrown at you anymore.. But like anyone who is still learning the concepts of growing, you will learn a lot more of what NOT to do rather than what to do...

I also agree, anything that pops up nanners towards the end is of no concern.. If half the plant is nanners by day 25, she's gotta go.. Nutsacks from seed runs are also common, even in a perfect environment. We see it all the time. If you watch the plants closely and spend a legitimate amount of time with them, you can simply pluck them off before they open up. Any seed run that we saw nut sacks, we took clones and ran again and the problem was solved.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

...... and more then once I have seen a plant ( especially from seed) throw nanners the first run (or a particular run) and then the clones from said mother (or run of said clone) never show a sign of hermie tendency again. Since growing alot form seed the last 5-8 years i have a strict rule: grow it at least once from clone after the initial seed run, even if it hermied. 8/10 times the plant never shows signs agian. Just my experience.....

i will second this statement

fwiw

north knect

north knect

@greendot u reminded me of a freind whos speaks so philosophical about things lol..a good freind who passed actually..i would swear it was him typing your pists lol

jlr42024

jlr42024

Let's take a deep breath and realize we are all skilled at what we are doing some more then others but isn't that exciting part that there's more out there to learn!? These two are at the top of there game and bestow loads of wisdom upon us (even if loompa won't share his nute recipe, jk lol) so try and listen with an open mind and heart regardless who's been doing what for however long you all have a voice that deserves to be heard so I encourage all to offer a answer right wrong who cares it creates diversity and we are all here to help one another and that works tremendously better when everybody knows we are all equals!

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

for fucks sake guys proprietary or not just find your own nute recipe over time because in my years know what ive found about these secret recipes? they aint far off from what i use myself just a couple amendments and a biowar infusion cough cough cough lol, Its funny how instinctually you can pick up on whats needed just by paying attention to the grows some folks do/share. that and understanding the foodweb in nature helps tremendously.
1)
1) Some plants prefer soils dominated by fungi; others prefer soils dominated by bacteria.
2) Most vegetables, annuals, and grasses prefer their nitrogen in nitrate form and do best in bacterially dominated soils.
3) Most trees, shrubs, and perennials prefer their nitrogen in ammonium form and do best in fungal dominated soils.
4) Compost can be used to inoculate beneficial microbes and life into soils around your yard and introduce, maintain, or alter the soil food web in a particular area.
5) Adding compost/ compost teas and its soil food web to the surface of soil will inoculate the soil with the same soil food web.
6) Aged, brown organic materials support fungi; fresh, green organic materials support bacteria.
7) Mulch laid on the surface tends to support fungi; mulch worked into the soil tends to support bacteria.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
for fucks sake guys proprietary or not just find your own nute recipe over time because in my years know what ive found about these secret recipes? they aint far off from what i use myself just a couple amendments and a biowar infusion cough cough cough lol, Its funny how instinctually you can pick up on whats needed just by paying attention to the grows some folks do/share. that and understanding the foodweb in nature helps tremendously.
1)
1) Some plants prefer soils dominated by fungi; others prefer soils dominated by bacteria.
2) Most vegetables, annuals, and grasses prefer their nitrogen in nitrate form and do best in bacterially dominated soils.
3) Most trees, shrubs, and perennials prefer their nitrogen in ammonium form and do best in fungal dominated soils.
4) Compost can be used to inoculate beneficial microbes and life into soils around your yard and introduce, maintain, or alter the soil food web in a particular area.
5) Adding compost/ compost teas and its soil food web to the surface of soil will inoculate the soil with the same soil food web.
6) Aged, brown organic materials support fungi; fresh, green organic materials support bacteria.
7) Mulch laid on the surface tends to support fungi; mulch worked into the soil tends to support bacteria.

Absolutely more outstanding advive. Like Greendot said earlier, I could write a book, or Greendot or VermontSkunk and non of us can cover every variable and every single bit of info out there. Everything that alot of us have said all comes from experience and that is the mother of all mothers. Take these basics and then adjust them to your own particular micro climates and/or rooms. And over time you will see patterns. And when I say "master" growers, I by no means me or anyone else know everything. I still learn new things all the friggin time. Me and my crew sit around after a hard days work drinking beers and talk about when are we going to get to a point where we know it all.....its all just kindof of a laughing joke to us cause in the end, we'll never know it all. But with help and advice shared you can become a dam good grower. That to me is a master. The one who realizes he/she is good, but at the same time is always willing to and humble enough to know we will never know it all.

BTW Vermontskunk, love your point #7. That one took me a few years to figure out just by itself, but is oh so true.

angry monkey

angry monkey

I should have seriously created a new topic. I grow in coco and after doing her in coco there's no way in hell I would ever follow his advice when I can monitor what I feed her and it wasn't remotely close to what he said he feeds mother. As someone who is new to organics I would NEVER grow a plant I have never grown in a medium I have never used. That's neat you all feel the need to continue advice about feeding and what makes a master grower but I don't fucking care.

All I care about is if anyone believes she will throw more dicks or if I scrap this and go back to my established stable? How fucking hard is it to read the thread before you fucking post.

G

greyman41420

I should have seriously created a new topic. I grow in coco and after doing her in coco there's no way in hell I would ever follow his advice when I can monitor what I feed her and it wasn't remotely close to what he said he feeds mother. As someone who is new to organics I would NEVER grow a plant I have never grown in a medium I have never used. That's neat you all feel the need to continue advice about feeding and what makes a master grower but I don't fucking care.

All I care about is if anyone believes she will throw more dicks or if I scrap this and go back to my established stable? How fucking hard is it to read the thread before you fucking post.

dam gina, calm down, you just went douche mode for no reason.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter

Well man, there has been alot of advive given to you right here. It seems the general concensus is to pull the nanners and run her again and see if you get the same results before you take any drastic measures. I would have to concur with all the advice given here, and at the same time I even offered to replace that pack and see if your results are better. No need to get impatient. No one here can, including me can absolutely say exactly what the problem is because we dont live in your house or see your grow room daily to know exactly how your indoor climate is. But the data so far shows that you are in a minority with a the plant you are having problems with. That alone should give you the data alone to listen to the advice folks have given and try running her again. And in the meanwhile, pull the nanners and finish this run out. C'mon man, ONE plant is doing that to you. How hard is it to pull nanners off one plant and be patient and see what happens. Growing herb or even growing exceptional herb is not an instant gratification thing, the whole process takes months and we all know to be patient.

How far along in flower are you? It would be great to see some pics. But me or anyone else can't wave a magic wand and tell you exactly what to do. But you have been given advice by some seriously good growers, folks who have been at it for decades, you yourself say that you are new. So I would go with the combined experience of probably what adds up to hundreds of years of experience and see what the final results are. Be patient man, growing is not easy and contrary to public opinion, to grow something worthwhile is not easy.

And I stated in the opening post that I grow different than most. This thread title is "What does Loompa do", it is not, "what does Loompa tell everyone else to do". I am in deep rich soil and supplement feed and have no drainage. That type of system is completely different than what you are running. I have also stated everyone will have to dial in your plants to your specific climate. No where have I said, "Do exactly what I do", But you can use all the information in here to help form a baseline growing formula and then adjust variables from there. You want herb that looks like what the lot of us grow? Well then your going to have to be patient and listen to those who have massive amounts of experience, not book smarts, book smarts dont mean shit when it comes to growing good herb. Experience is King and many of us have all thrown you excellent advice and I have also offered to replace that pack, and try again and see if you have the same results. I'm not sure what else you are asking of me or anyone trying to help you. Everything you stated and have asked, have all been answered. And answered many times over.

Loompa

Top Bottom