What Happened to Open Grow

• Thread starter Oxirous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

webeblzr

Hey Thanks Sannie!! I was ready to give a smash to this computer, so I'll wait for another oppertunity.

whazzup

whazzup

just to let you guys know... we were a bit fed-up with the hosting company as things did not improve, on contrary! Sannie bought 2 brand new servers and they are in a nice secure rack now, ready to be configured. We (opengrow and wietforum.nl) expect to be up and running again after the weekend, at much better speed! :)

So no worries, it's a pain in the neck but it needs to get done.

P

Planet Maker

Sept 22nd 2009 :doh:mad0233::mad0229::sign0055::thinking: :lipssealed:surprised:(

Opengrow.com has moved to a new server. You are still visiting the old server which is no longer operational. Your internet service provider is caching the address of the old server and should pickup the new address within 24 hours. Please try again later.

S

sannie

This is good new dude
This means opengrow is almost moved to our own brand new servers.
Almost there to be online forever agan :passingjoint:

greetz sannie

B

bigyieldsonly

well i will be on there for the first time to check it out see you tomorrow

P

Planet Maker

This is good new dude
This means opengrow is almost moved to our own brand new servers.
Almost there to be online forever agan :passingjoint:

greetz sannie

Yeaaaaaaaa herrrrrr rayyyy! :party0042:

L

LadyLiberty

I respect what Sannie has done, and their commitment to research on Opengrow! But about the haters, they have been given good reason to be upset lately.

I have never used them as a supplier and have no idea about their equipment, but the tactics I have seen them use on their forum was very questionable.

They're using a piece of equipment that comes directly from America while making the statement "we are grownup growers here in the Netherlands, we don't make toys like you do in America".

I've been monitoring the site for Plasma Light info and saw all this editing and ganging up on someone using terrible tactics.

The guy who was getting ganged up on was a little over the top in how he was trying to help them, but they totally tried to overwhelm his attempts to communicate with them through their website.

Those kind of tactics don't say much for professionalism.

Some of us keep it real.

O

oprah

I just happened to drop in and look at this myself. What you say there LadyLiberty sounds to me more like you are atrue American tale spinner. I saw someone come into a thread and spam a product that he said he was developing himself. I personally felt that if anything that person should have started their own thread and not try to horn in an a TEST being done. What they had to say might hae been true in whatever there tests had shown but this particulatr thread was labeled as a test.

Now I didn't think this person that you said was treated so badly wasn't the nicest of people. As I recall he threatened the people in that thread saying that his DADDY was the president of a rather large biker group as well as being a 32nd degree mason. That people who had crossed his path before had been taken care of. Sure sounds to me like that person needed to be edited as well as banned.

Your heart throb posts is a lot of bullshit so get your facts staright before you start spreading your lies.

This person even came back under another name, which on another forum he had said who he was. The staff at OpenGrow alowed the person to continue to post in another thread other than the test that was beng done. All I cold see that this person was doing was name calling and bashing of others. He was warned several times that I noticed yet he continued. Yes he really sounds professional. He was there to advertise his product and to sell it. Anyway you look at that it is spamming.

L

LadyLiberty

It's funny you say that,

It's so funny you say that Doc, I mean Whazzup, I mean Oprah because it seems to me you and he will be selling the same product. It seems to many people on the opengrow thread that you try to dictate what the Administrators on that sight want to hear. Hmmm? maybe that's why you're having so many problems and changing the servers to your own. (which openly admits it's your site) you are just as much to blame as he.

I saw some administrator warn you that you where also pushing the envelope of niceness and that must have pissed you off good. He warned you too, right before you had kingbuddha kicked off.

I really found it interesting that you say Americans sell toys for growing equipment while at the same time preparing to sell an American made product repackaged, without putting anything else into the production, while they are going to sell it air-cooled for the same price. That must really piss you off because right after he said that, you had him booted. I was monitoring everything as soon as it was posted, before you had a chance to have him edited.

It's almost like you think "we are the dutch, so we must know how to grow better pot than you"! I laughed my ass off when he asked if you use a brix meter and you where dumbfounded and said "it's on my list of things to get". Every single major grower worth his salt in America and the Netherlands use that little "toy" to get their setup and nutes tuned in, but you use the plant whisperer method.hahahaha.

You gotta admit that was funny.

No I'm not affiliated with them, I just talk to them through opengrow's PM and now I am preparing to buy one of their systems. You guys don't play nice.

S

sannie

We are back in business again
Opengrow is running on here brand new server to be online forever.

@lady liberty/plasmargon/kingbuddah
As told before the plasma test is to test the product.
You are a very irritating dude and getting on my nerves very fast so chill on here dude !

For the peolpe who dont know what this is about,we are using a sulphur plasma lamp to test if it is possible to grow cannabis under this lamps.
Link to follow the grow : https://www.opengrow.com/index.php?showtopic=40312

greetz sannie

D

Doc420

@ ladyliberty, plasmargon, King whatever

Here i am:bandit
Now you can talk :sign0023:to me.

E

easypleasie

Silly people everywhere. Just do your thing Sannie and let the haters hate. They have nothing better to do with their time. They'll get the Logic hammer if things get out of hand here.

L

LadyLiberty

Not hating

I don't hate anyone, and I certainly am not trying to be involved in this petty dispute, I was just calling it like I see it.

I don't care what you think of me, and I am not even remotely connected to either of them plasmargon or whatever their names are. I may be buying a light from them and I have contacted them, but my attempt here is to show you that you have not been seen as the innocent victims that you seem to want to portray yourselves as.

There are several websites that I have been monitoring because of this new technology, and I can see your attempts at trying to draw attention to yourselves as innocent victims when from the beginning you have had an irritated attitude towards someone who was obviously trying to help you. Then when his level of understanding provoked you because you couldn't defend yourselves you had him removed and influenced others to do the same. That's petty.

Another point that is obvious to me and others I've talked to is He didn't write the stuff about his father to be broadcast, you put it there (from a PM) to turn people against him and continue to use it against him when he was obviously trying to warn you.

By the way, if he is telling the truth, you should watch your step and stop provoking. Just some friendly advice.

whazzup

whazzup

Well I am already a member here and was away for the weekend so it cerainly wasn't me and if I look at the English grammar it wasn't doc or sannie either LadyLiberty...

Anyways, let's do some "thetruthaboutamsterdam" research. You seem to be very hung up about those ignorant Dutch that seem to look down on these "stupid Americans" with their toys, right? Well let me get right to the source of that where doc stated that he thought they were toying around with the development of the glass shielded light instead of doing good research. But he went a bit further in this post, comparing European en US markets. What he is trying to say is that the developments in the Dutch market are driven by what happens in our greenhouse industry, you might have heard about that:
A significant portion of Dutch agricultural exports are derived from fresh-cut plants, flowers, and bulbs, with the Netherlands exporting two-thirds of the world’s total. The Netherlands also exports a quarter of all world tomatoes, and one-third of the world’s exports of peppers and cucumbers.
Companies such as Gavita are big players in that market, local as well as international. Developments in the industry are more down to earth, without a lot of fancy decoration or bling. Products developed in the US hydroponics industry usually have a different presentation and marketing, more sex apeal, they are a bit more "fancy" as that is important to that market. Nothing wrong with that, it's just different and driven by a diffent type of players. Doc imports a lot of the so-called "toys" from the US. I can assure you that he likes his toys too :D. I think that doc uses the word "toy" to express the "toys for boys" feeling. They usually look much better than their European equivalents.

It may not have been very well explained, and first specifically targeted at the imaginary light (we still have not seen any data or pictures), not at the american hydroponics industry. On contrary, we use an American product for this test. Doc is a geek when it comes to hydroponics and as I said he's all for toys, but I think in the same topic we made our case for testing the light without glass and do it more than once before it is brought to the market.
Then when his level of understanding provoked you because you couldn't defend yourselves you had him removed and influenced others to do the same. That's petty.
He was removed by a forum mod because he threatened people remember? I think we have done enough defense. We have our specific ideas about the use of this light and Plasmargon has others. We give data about that, show it, back it up by solid data en I haven't seen any of that back yet from Plasmargon. You can't debate if you don't have the same set of data, so all we have is ours.
It's so funny you say that Doc, I mean Whazzup, I mean Oprah because it seems to me you and he will be selling the same product.
Sure, spin it the way you want. We never said Gavita was going to be selling a different product, the only thing we did was show it, share the data (as we continue to do) and plan solid tests before bringing a version to the market that has only been tested once in a very specific way of growing.
If you talk about marketing that's a great way to sell turners :D.​
So Gavita did the test with the leds and without, comparing it to MH and HPS, we do it a few times on cannabis, next one with the red leds and not untill we are convinced we have found a good result in a conventional set-up Gavita will bring it to our market. At this moment the reflector is being developed after evaluating the data and the grow results, but also with an eye on future developments.

When we post on a forum we use our own nickname and even take the time to introduce ourselves. We don't spin, we don't keep data to ourselves, we don't threaten people, we don't spam (I do hope the information and openness is not regarded as such), we don't moan. I think anyone reading the opengrow thread will be able to draw his own conclusions.

oh, one thing.. it's NOT a Sulphur Plasma light as it doesn't contain sulphur, but metal halides. It's not an argon plasma light as both this light and the sulphur plasma light share that gas (as do many other lights). It's called LiFi by Luxim at this moment.

P1060652
S

sannie

Thanks for the advanced answer whazzup.
To let this thread not go furteher about sonmething that has nothing to do with opengrow online or not i CLOSE this topic.

The forums are running now on our own servers
For more info about plasma growing see Opengrow

greetz sannie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom