what hormones are in rooting gel?

• Thread starter cephalopoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cephalopoda

cephalopoda

does anyone know what hormones are used in regular rooting gel? ive read some may be harmful but don't know if they are the ones commonly used or not.

The Ent

The Ent

I think it differs from brand to brand but i think IAA it a common one

yellowhead

yellowhead

Usually IBA, NAM, M-NAM, NAA or M-NAA, or a combination of. IAA is not often used. Although IAA is the most abundant endogenous plant auxin it is highly unstable and these other forms offer better metabolic and environmental stability. 2,4D and 2,4,5T are stable analogs of IAA but are used a herbicides.

yellowhead

yellowhead

Synthetic cytokinins TDZ, kinetin, CPPU, BAP etc. are used in tissue culture. Endogenous cytokinins like zeatin flow up the xylem and stimulate morphogenesis, whereas auxins flow down from meristematic shoots to suppress side growth, so both are used at varying ratios when trying to force callus (undifferentiated plant cells) to form into shoots and roots. But a cutting already has shoots, you’re just trying to promote root growth only, as promoting shoot growth early on without the support of a root system would devastate the cutting.

cephalopoda

cephalopoda

well that makes a lot of sense. i’ve always wondered why some strains are so hard to get to strike.

way2green

way2green

Clonex cloning gel reads L indole Butyric acid and inert Thiamine (vitamin B1)
Of course it is mgf or owned by a Australian Co.
Works great on every single clone I have ever tried regardless of species. Hopefully, the prez of the co will c this and send me a 55 gallon drum for free! Haha

C

ColoradoOG

Most manufacturers use IAA such as clonex rootech hormex and so forth. Dip and grow uses two IAA and naphthaleneacetic. Many also combine b1(thiamine) and low concentration of nutrients. Some clone foliar sprays may include amino acids along with minor concentrations of nutrients and vitamins. You can only get a general idea of what is exactly in the products though because not everything is always listed for many reasons.

Top Bottom