what is a good cheap humidifier

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

so my humidifier leaked last night and stopped working and will not come on so i need a new one .what is a good cheap humidifier to get

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

so my humidifier leaked last night and stopped working and will not come on so i need a new one .what is a good cheap humidifier to get

The AC unit you might already have. Most nowadays have a de humidifier option...

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i could plug any humidifer in this and it would turn it off and on according to humidity right ?

Misanthrope

Misanthrope

I'm also looking for a cheap humidifier for 3x3x6 to 4x4x7 so....bump!

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

i could plug any humidifer in this and it would turn it off and on according to humidity right ?
I recently bought the Inkbird controller for my humidifier. The version with WiFi was on sale at Amazon. I recommend it. Reviewers said the non-WiFi version was difficult to set, so that's why I bought the WiFi version. Setup using the phone app is nice and easy. It also shows the humidity in the tent when away from home.

I bought this small humidifier to go with it: 1.70L Humidifier. It was $30 when I bought it. Now it's less than $20. It has been working well. I fill the tank once a day. I needed a small one because my 2x4 tent doesn't have much floor space.

I have a humidifier on order from AC Infinity, but it won't be in stock until some time next year. I needed to do something, so I bought the Inkbird. So far, I really like it. It's easy to use, reliable and works with many humidifiers as long as they remember their settings when powered on from the outlet.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

yea i never got one and im glad i didn't they all said i need a dehumidifier i spent 200 and its sitting in the corner collecting dust they said i needed a humidifier well its in my living room no where near my tents lol i stopped spending the money they said i needed and this current grow is fine my last grow was shitty but that a lot to do with not enough perlite in my soil not what i was and was not using

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I think humidifiers and dehue's are a must have in my location. I get my humidifiers second hand at Value Village in Canada, They are for the most part brand new. I think they are bought for seniors that never use them or use them once or twice and get rid of them...I must have a dozen of them here the most I paid was $5.99 - a 30% seniors discount.....

It took me a while to learn I can only use RO or distilled water in them or they green up and become Un-useable . At peak usage I'll go through 16 gal a week I buy locally for $6.50.

Right now the humidity is around 50% indoors so I set it at 60% and I'm going through 1.5 gal every 2 days..in my veg closet.......nothing is needed in flower room or tent 50% is fine for flowering.

In the summer it'll be 100% here and dehues are a must I have 2 now I was running at 100% full blast on Turbo with my 30 pint and I couldn't get it below 70% so I bought a 35 pint and with both running I was able to get it into the 50% range.

The point being some locations will require more air conditioning than others....which reminds me I'm going to get a proper air conditioner for the girls this year I hope if I can find a deal I can afford.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
this is the one I use. Its never failed me and I refill every other day to ever day depending on the ambient RH in the air.
I have one of those Levoit humidifiers....it's my best one....it works great but doesn't come back on with power drops.....just a 1 sec blip and its out but it works great I can get 24hrs out of its 1.5 gal tank when its running full time in the veg closet. It also has a lights out button to shut out the display lights after programing it so no duct tape needed.

E

elusiveshame

Cannagar

Cannagar

I have that same one in my 4x4 tent, and you have to keep manually turning it on once it goes off, so unless you're monitoring it constantly, it's a pain to use.

I use this for my 2x4, and ordered another for my 4x4: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SB2V969?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I keep mine outside of the tent. And ive never had it turn off unless it runs out of water. Perhaps ive just been lucky? I keep it set to about 65% RH during the veg cycle and 55% RH during flowering.

Cannagar

Cannagar

I have one of those Levoit humidifiers....it's my best one....it works great but doesn't come back on with power drops.....just a 1 sec blip and its out but it works great I can get 24hrs out of its 1.5 gal tank when its running full time in the veg closet. It also has a lights out button to shut out the display lights after programing it so no duct tape needed.
True. It does turn off with power drops. But you really should be checking on your plant every day or every other day for watering/feeding anyways. So in the rare case there is a power outage the room will generally hold the correct RH for a few hours before it fully dissipates. And it may sit like that for at max another few hours before you catch it. Plus you typically know if there has been a power outage at your home and no one who is using a humidified of this size is using it for that large of a grow.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
True. It does turn off with power drops. But you really should be checking on your plant every day or every other day for watering/feeding anyways. So in the rare case there is a power outage the room will generally hold the correct RH for a few hours before it fully dissipates. And it may sit like that for at max another few hours before you catch it. Plus you typically know if there has been a power outage at your home and no one who is using a humidified of this size is using it for that large of a grow.
Checking my plants at least once a day???? I live in my grow room through the day.....I only go up stairs for the bathroom coffee, & diner, the rest of the day I'm in my basement grow , on this old computer smoking or playing with my girls......is there another life out there I'm not aware of??????.........na I didn't think so......I think I'll smoke to that..

Cannagar

Cannagar

Checking my plants at least once a day???? I live in my grow room through the day.....I only go up stairs for the bathroom coffee, & diner, the rest of the day I'm in my basement grow , on this old computer smoking or playing with my girls......is there another life out there I'm not aware of??????.........na I didn't think so......I think I'll smoke to that..
Amen to that!

Top Bottom