What is a solid LED Veg light

• Thread starter Purfict
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purfict

I want to get an LED grow light and was thinking of something around 200W for a 4x4 veg tent. Vivosun seems to be the only brand that has low wattage grow lights, but I’ve heard their reputation is similar to the “great value” of grow equipment. Do any of you have a low wattage LED light for a tent dedicated to veg? Is it ok to use vivosun for specifically veg? My plan would be to go from seed to late veg, then put them in a SCROG for one week in the flower tent before flipping.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I want to get an LED grow light and was thinking of something around 200W for a 4x4 veg tent. Vivosun seems to be the only brand that has low wattage grow lights, but I’ve heard their reputation is similar to the “great value” of grow equipment. Do any of you have a low wattage LED light for a tent dedicated to veg? Is it ok to use vivosun for specifically veg? My plan would be to go from seed to late veg, then put them in a SCROG for one week in the flower tent before flipping.
I grow from seed to harvest in the same tent, so this is somewhat out of my experience. I do have a few thoughts, though:
  • Coverage of a 4x4 space would be something to consider. It would take multiple small lights or one big one.
  • The light would need to have enough power to go all the way to late vegetation. That wouldn't be a low power light.
So, if I'm not missing something, an ordinary light made for that size of tent that can be dimmed down to a low level for young plants would probably be best. My thinking is it's better to have too much capacity than too little. So, an ordinary light would enable flowering in the tent if you later decided to do things differently.

P

Purfict

I grow from seed to harvest in the same tent, so this is somewhat out of my experience. I do have a few thoughts, though:
  • Coverage of a 4x4 space would be something to consider. It would take multiple small lights or one big one.
  • The light would need to have enough power to go all the way to late vegetation. That wouldn't be a low power light.
So, if I'm not missing something, an ordinary light made for that size of tent that can be dimmed down to a low level for young plants would probably be best. My thinking is it's better to have too much capacity than too little. So, an ordinary light would enable flowering in the tent if you later decided to do things differently.
I would be able to go to a 3x3, the only thing is I would want to be able to put them in 5 gallon pots before putting in the main tent. I just want a budgeted way to have a perpetual grow, so if I need to take an extra week or two out of the time in order to support the growth so be it.

P

Purfict

What would your thoughts be on something of this power or similar. Used only for veg.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
What would your thoughts be on something of this power or similar. Used only for veg.
It looks good to me. I haven't used Mars Hydro lights. Many growers do, though. Just be sure the light distribution is right for the tent.

Dadman86

Dadman86

Did you check the sites out on the farm?
Spiderfarmer probably best.
Phlizon has really powerful lights for a good price.
Viparspectra lights are solid.
I have phlizon and viparspectra models both have good qualities. Viparspectra nicer build quality detachable driver better diodes 100.000 hour life.
Phlizon light is a beast UV ir cost less only downside is it gets hot and lesser diodes. But even with the lesser diodes it puts out a lot more ppfd.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I think an important feature would be a variable power control or dimmer. I have several of the older ViparSpectra lights with dimmers that can be set to almost any level, like a volume knob. (I added a wattage meter so I can change the light by just a few watts.) Then they changed to stepwise power control. It only has 5%, 25%, 50%, etc. So, if you want 10% or 15%, you're out of luck. (I think they did that to make it easier to daisy chain their lights.) That is a step backward, in my opinion. It means the only way to adjust the light intensity between the steps is to physically raise or lower the light or the plants. So, I bought an AC Infinity light that at least has 10 steps. I can work with that.

2Water

2Water

I'm running the @PhlizonGrowLight PL-2000 to veg in my 3x3. Great light, runs very cool and can't beat the price

P

Purfict

I'm running the @PhlizonGrowLight PL-2000 to veg in my 3x3. Great light, runs very cool and can't beat the price
Their prices are crazy low, 220$ for a 450W LED light? Do you have anything other than the 2000?

2Water

2Water

Their prices are crazy low, 220$ for a 450W LED light? Do you have anything other than the 2000?
Not from phlizon, my main light is a 240w Linqool I found on the Zon. No longer sold, and I have two 40w led bars supplementing on each side

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

i have this & the 2000, they work great, worth every penny i paid... found this on sale $49 free shipping

ebay, free shipping .1000W LED Grow Light for Indoor Plants Full Spectrum Veg & Bloom with High PPFD

Phlizon Plant light Store
(694)
98.6% positiveSeller's other itemsSeller's other itemsContact seller
US $49.99/ea

Last edited:
N

Natep

If you are only going to veg in this tent? I would go with florescent leds. They are 4’ long and super cheap to run. They put out plenty of light for veg. I have two differnt brands in my cloning cabinet. The excel and the Luxx. The lights on left are luxx lights on right are excel.

449EBED1 BA5D 45B7 9253 A532F61A5520
F

FatFarm

Not from phlizon, my main light is a 240w Linqool I found on the Zon. No longer sold, and I have two 40w led bars supplementing on each side
Water. I followed your first grow, I think that was a Linqool? Turned out a good grow

I am looking at phlizon 240 watt and a linqool 240 watt, and can’t decide. But seeing you have both what do you like and dislike about both models?

Thanks

Top Bottom