What is BEST way to go with co2?

• Thread starter smalltime99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smalltime99

SO I was wondering what some of you other Farmers suggested I use for CO2? I am not a big fan of the Burners because I have noticed that they put off a ton of heat. So with that being said is there a better system than others? I am no co2 guy and some knowledge would be greatly appreciated. The room is going to be running 8 1000w.

Thanks for any help!

deacon1503

deacon1503

A water cooled burner produces no heat but requires a chiller or atleast its own res.

S

smalltime99

Thanks Deacon. I was wondering if those models were any good. I have seen a mix of both around my area of people using them. Do you use one regulator over the other?

G

Gartner

SO I was wondering what some of you other Farmers suggested I use for CO2? I am not a big fan of the Burners because I have noticed that they put off a ton of heat. So with that being said is there a better system than others? I am no co2 guy and some knowledge would be greatly appreciated. The room is going to be running 8 1000w.

Thanks for any help!

If the amount of co2 in quite high, You can go for some co2 measuring meters are available,
Also use proper exhaust and air circulation fans...
Co2 helps in growth of the plants, but high level will harm them

:harvest:

A

amstercal

8k is big enough to justify a burner IMHO. Personally I'd go with the burner because tanks are a pain to lug, up how often you go to the hydro store etc. Totally thought the heat was a minor tradeoff for gas, time, effort and security with the tanks. Guess it more depends on how your a/c can handle the rest of your setup.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I would go with Hydro Innovations HydroGen Pro, i used to run bottled co2 on a sealed 5k garden, (50 pound tanks at that) and was running through 2 tanks a week and it began to be a hassle everytime id come into my growroom the tank would be empty and my co2 levels down not to mention the price of tanks co2 and regulators you basically are breaking even for what youd pay for a nice burner, ever since i came across the water chilled burner (which basically runs on the same concept as a small hot water heater), with this burner you can either cool it by circulating water through the unit, a small chiller, and a reservoir. Or run it drain to waste straight from your grow locations cold water lines through the burner and expelled into the plumbing as needed ( which is the most effecient route to go IMO) i also hardlined my burner to the natural gas line of my location so i never have to refill a propane tank. i love the convenience of this product and honestly would put my name behind it anyday its saved me a handfull of time. ALSO remember that co2 is more dense than oxygen and always falls so place your burner high and keep fans circulating above your garden and from the floor up. hope that helps

Top Bottom