What is causing all these probs?

• Thread starter Puffntuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Puffntuff

Puffntuff

No rust. 60x jeweler a scope is what I have.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

No idea what is causing your problems, but your lamb's quarters is looking nice and healthy in the first picture. Good luck with your troubles. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

Hahahah I had no idea what that was. The lambs quarters love my patch so I till them into the soil. I'm gonna try them now. Thanks

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

No problem brother. Lamb's Quarters can be used as a substitute for spinach in recipes. Also pretty dank in salads. Good luck with them. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

SpiderK

SpiderK

did you cook your own soil. ?

& how beat up are the plants in your area ? we have had very high humidity & tons of rain in the early summer so the bugs are loving life and destroying many leafs on many different types of plants in my area in the upper midwest ...

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

I made this soil 4yrs ago. I reamended this year and tilled the natural plants growing into the soil before I planted. All the plants are looking great except for Sour Jack. Tomatoes are looking good etc. It's 65f right now 85% humidity it will be getting down to 54f tonight. I'm in southeast Michigan.

SpiderK

SpiderK

did you ever use neem meal in your soil as a preventive measure seeing u recycle yours.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

No I didn't. I use espoma plant tone at the end of the season and toss that in to let it start breaking down for next year.

SpiderK

SpiderK

i'd check the root zone for issues. grab some soil around the stem check for bugs ....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you have a combination of problems going on here. I think your most pressing problem is whatever is causing that funky discolored growth. I've grown outside for a few years now and while I do see purpling when the temps drop, it is absolutely not in that pattern you're showing us.

I think you have either broads or russets, and some nutrient issues that are otherwise very slight, at worst a Ca- that can probably be easily remedied since it's fairly early on before full flower set.

60x won't show you these pests, you're going to need a much higher magnification. After the 2nd set of pix, I'm leaning more towards pathogen or broad mites, and to be clear, NEITHER of which I've experienced to this point.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

What do you all think about a combo of thrips and phosphorus toxicity?

SpiderK

SpiderK

brutal .....

spinosad a couple times then start neem a few days later 4-5 times per week.. i'd cover the soil with diatomaceous earth also .... & hit the good plants.

i go heavy with neem and never had an issue.

K

kolah

Not good. Those contorted ( twisted and irregular) leaves, spindle-like and corkscrewish new growths ( which seems to be almost "textbook") and small perforated leaves make me think you need to rule out (or rule in) broadmites. It may be best to get a GOOD microscope that hits 200x. Some folks claim they are visible at 100x but from my recent experience, they were not.

If in fact it is broadmites you probably have a deficiency going on which has been caused by the broad mite infestation. Broad mites are also notorious fro spreading other diseases as well ( like many of the Mosaic virus strains, etc) AND, all of your healthy plants are at in serious risk. Big time.

IMO, diagnose it first... then get your options together on how you'd like to treat it. Lots of ways to skin the cat though.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What do you all think about a combo of thrips and phosphorus toxicity?
I don't really see a P+. I can't say for sure about the thrips, that's a pest I haven't yet experienced but if you're observing them, then there ya go. Causing the ugly new growth? Again, I can't say for sure due to my inexperience with something like this.

I'm landing with kolah--get the real problem(s) Dx'd, then proceed.

Puffntuff

Puffntuff

After all the this fucking sour jack decided to go full on Asian ladyboy on me wtf!! Yanked and tossed muthafucka

Top Bottom